ODAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Whodem52

Re: ODAC

Post by Whodem52 »

thescottharris wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:17 pm
whipsnake wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm I’m just a fan of schools that put the emphasis on STUDENT in student athlete. Schools like LC have players that realize college is a time for growth in the classroom and on the field. Not schools that are focused on who is meeting up with sorority sister Becky tonight.
Last edited by Whodem52 on Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeAndBob

Post by GeorgeAndBob »

whipsnake wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm I’m just a fan of schools that put the emphasis on STUDENT in student athlete. Schools like LC have players that realize college is a time for growth in the classroom and on the field. Not schools that are focused on who is meeting up with sorority sister Becky tonight.
USNWR data; ranking is not exactly head:head because they are in different categories.

Lynchburg (#32 regional Southern Universities)
75% of applicants admitted
SAT Scores
Math: 490-580
Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 510-600
ACT Composite Scores: 19-24
Graduation and Retention Rates: 56%

W and L (#11 national LAC)
21% of applicants admitted
SAT Scores
Math: 680-760
Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 670-730
ACT Composite Scores: 31-34
4-year graduation rate: 91%

Salary After Attending (US DOE data)
University of Lynchburg $43,600
Washington and Lee University $76,100
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

GeorgeAndBob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:14 pm
USNWR data; ranking is not exactly head:head because they are in different categories.

Lynchburg (#32 regional Southern Universities)
75% of applicants admitted
SAT Scores
Math: 490-580
Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 510-600
ACT Composite Scores: 19-24
Graduation and Retention Rates: 56%

W and L (#11 national LAC)
21% of applicants admitted
SAT Scores
Math: 680-760
Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 670-730
ACT Composite Scores: 31-34
4-year graduation rate: 91%

Salary After Attending (US DOE data)
University of Lynchburg $43,600
Washington and Lee University $76,100
Last edited by Whodem52 on Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Game time 5:00 pm, 62 degrees and cloudy perfect weather for a player, ( rain likely by 8:00pm). Making a visit to hallowed ground ( whenever I can ) to pregame at Gettysburg short shuttle from York. Hoping this won’t be another high water mark journey😊. Time for the ODAC to make some noise, looking forward to a rubber match in Lex!
luxlaxbro

Post by luxlaxbro »

LC ( yes LC) and that team from MD games tonite will be interesting. Two outstanding defenses. LC defense has gotten better and better as the year has progressed. The challenge for LC will be ontjeboffensive side. Lombardo will be no threat today as SU will shut him down - his lack of speed and creativity when challenged will show today. Rogers is a wild card - if he does not hang his stick he could be a challenge for SU. I think it will be up to others on the team. This is the game for #7 and #10 (the “second attack”) to have the game of their careers. Cornelius in goal will keep LC in the game - he has been outstanding in goal this year. This is not the 2015 team but the talent is there they will have to play a close to flawless game.
Dehuntshigwa’es

5-4 York, 4 min left 2nd qtr. Generals are doubling too early just show yourself. York has 3 goals due to doubling 2 passes later step down shots for goals. No reason to have slid. ....Hodgson is struggling vs Sasso. Mize ties it up going into the half 5-5. Taylor is playing great 👍. Is AJ in the witness protection program,haven’t heard his name.first 5 min of the third may set the tone!!!
Anyone watching this help me out why the double??? They are getting killed doing it another step down for a goal 10-12 yds out. Anyone else see this,or am I flat wrong
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN welcomes a great group of seniors to the alumni ranks. Not much went their way today. Salisbury took advantage of almost every mistake.
See ya next year
Dehuntshigwa’es

The ODAC is out. W&L and Lynchburg had nice seasons, I think W&L will have a slight edge with what they return next season, this is a very young team. Lynchburg loses 2 big guns on O ,( with 2 other sr’s totaling 287 pts)and a great pole and close d man #3. The team that may keep coaches up at night will be hsc
GeorgeAndBob

Post by GeorgeAndBob »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 pm The ODAC is out. W&L and Lynchburg had nice seasons, I think W&L will have a slight edge with what they return next season, this is a very young team. Lynchburg loses 2 big guns on O ,( with 2 other sr’s totaling 287 pts)and a great pole and close d man #3. The team that may keep coaches up at night will be hsc
That seems right, although predicting what happens without #21 is fraught with uncertainty. The attack will look different. I wouldn't be surprised to see a current middie end up on the attack (Ware, Greenspon). The midfield will be deep with the rising Juniors and Seniors. Rumors of more D1 transfers abound as well. Difficult to know what to think about the rising Sophs as none played meaningful minutes. Close D will be the biggest question mark. The SSDM ranks lose only #10. Face-offs and goalie will be unchanged. I'm not convinced H-Sc will be a real threat, but that is based on what I saw in the WandL game that was quite lopsided (17-6 at HSc).
Dehuntshigwa’es

“Life without 21,” certainly losing a generational player if 20 years qualifies. W&L should continue to become even more competitive going forward. For those strong academic players the field of candidates within their search is limited. Academia is not producing more W&L’s whereas the number of less academically oriented schools playing lacrosse continues to grow. W&L and it’s counterparts in the league are not recruiting the same student. W&L has a significant advantage at the line of scrimmage in my opinion, especially with the growth of the sport moving south and west. NESCAC has garnered the New England prep schools for years, W&L will be doing the same within their region. Offensively W&L returns everything except AJ and he is irreplaceable. Having said that I still think they are capable of another 16 season win, ODAC title and NCAA run. You return one of the top 3 fogo’s in the country, a 58% goalie and your entire offense, which might be better despite the loss of 21. Callahan, Barnard, Broderick, and to a lesser degree Zander’s and Brown are big voids to fill, Huber and Speed as well. Stevan Kriss returns however and will be your number 1 D man. Cashman shows promise as does Horgan and Thorne. Ssdm May see Hsu and Bentley to support Alison who is outstanding. Midfield offensively will be loaded and 2 starting attackman return Mize, ( outstanding) younger Witherell and Weaver who I thought should have been the third starter ALL year!! The Generals perhaps pick up a transfer again like Greenspon and maybe another impactful freshman. HSC will be interesting as they looked very good at times, just young. Lynchburg not sure if they take a step up or back next year with what they return. Might Noke be a non factor once again, for the sake of the league I hope not.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Looking at conference play since 2006 Lynchburg appears to be the lead dog in NCAA appearances. Coach k has them on a pretty good run with 10 appearances during that time frame with an 8 year streak intact. Looks as if Roanoke has had 6 and W&L 5 appearances over the same period. The AQ is critical but a strong successful out of conference schedule can still work. What mid tier ODAC teams might emerge and threaten the usual top 4 teams
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

RMC ended with the 4 seed this year and had RC on the ropes in the quarterfinals before losing in OT. I haven’t checked their roster, but know they got major contributions from a freshman on attack. They are in an ideal spot on the I-95 corridor between UMW and CNU and should be an attractive option for kids in NOVA and Richmond public schools as well as the prep schools around Virginia. They have also attracted kids from St. Mary’s County and Baltimore. I believe they are in good shape financially and know they have a great setting surrounded by new dorms.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

Anyone have power rankings for the 2020 odac season?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”