RMAC 2019

D2 Mens Lacrosse
dodger29

RMAC 2019

Post by dodger29 »

The RMAC is struggling and it is the same old issue of being able to schedule games for these western teams. The conference lists four (4) members but each of those teams are playing Notre Dame de Nemur with Mesa and Co. State - Pueblo playing them twice. Lynn and Rollins are making a trip to Utah this year (which is Awesome – how many times have RMAC teams played those guys in FL?).

Mesa had to cancel a game already against Rockhurst due to poor weather and have lost to western rival Lindenwood. So any momentum that Mesa had for making their first NCAA tournament last season is all but gone at this point. Mesa’s schedule out of conference has Lynn (Utah), Rollins (home), Tampa (FL), and Florida Southern (FL). But, from what I’ve seen so far this season they aren’t the team that made the tournament last season and will be battling with Westminster for a chance to host the conference championship which they’ve hosted since RMAC lacrosse’s first season.

Westminster is in a pretty good situation and on the rise. They already had a successful trip to Alabama and beat Montevallo and UAH. They have Rollins and Lynn at home and then they travel to Florida for games with Florida Southern and Tampa. They also travel to Missouri to play Rockhurst and Lindenwood.

CSU-Pueblo is making a trek to Florida this year as well to play Rollins, Lynn and Florida Southern but are not playing Rockhurst or Lindenwood their closest competitors to their east.

Adams State is travelling as far east as Missouri to play Rockhurst and Lindenwood.
dodger29

Re: RMAC 2019

Post by dodger29 »

Colorado Mesa takes over in the second half to hand #15 Lynn a 10-5 loss on a neutral fieldin Salt Lake City, Utah. Recap here: https://cmumavericks.com/news/2019/3/2/ ... -10-5.aspx

This is pretty significant as Mesa was looking vulnerable after loosing earlier this season to Lindenwood and Whittier (D3). Mesa nexts hosts Rollins in Grand Junction before heading to Florida for games against Tampa and Florida Southern.

Colorado State - Pueblo eeks out the victory over RMAC rival Adams St. Recap: https://gothunderwolves.com/news/2019/3 ... pener.aspx

Westminster was off this past weekend. But, they will be hosting Lynn on Tuesday. If Lynn can't make some adjustments they will be sorry that they ever traveled to Salt Lake City for these matchups against Mesa and the Griffins.
dodger29

Post by dodger29 »

The RMAC struggled this week.

Colorado Mesa sits at 3-2 against D2 opponents but lost in Grand Junction to Rollins 8-12 last week. The Mavericks have now travelled to Florida to face Tampa (tonight) and Florida Southern on Sunday. They really have been inconsistent in their season to date.

Westminster sits at 2-4 on the season with the last 4 games being losses to Sunshine State Conference members Lynn, Rollins (both at home), Florida Southern and Tampa (both in Florida). Their travel schedule doesn’t get any easier as they return home (Salt Lake UT) to play Notre Dame de Namur (3/23). Then they are back on the road to Missouri to play Lindenwood (3/29) and Rockhurst (3/31). Neither team would I want to play on one day’s rest. And if you are following on Google maps they started the season in Alabama playing Montevallo and Alabama Huntsville…two wins ;)

Colorado State-Pueblo started the season off with three straight wins against Adams St., Felician, and Notre Dame de Namur. Then they traveled to Florida on their Spring Break trip and have lost consecutive games to Rollins and Florida Southern by a combined score of 14-40. They Have Lynn to finish out their trip on Friday.

Adams State is struggling to even schedule games (12 games total – 9 D2 schools). They are 1-4 on a schedule that includes a couple of NAIA, D3 and former WILA/RMAC schools. They started this week off on Sunday getting smoked by Rockhurst 6-28 and then Tuesday losing to Lindenwood 9-14.

All I have to say is good God the RMAC has to travel a long ways to play teams…

As you can see Notre Dame de Namur is kind of piggybacking off the RMAC to schedule games. But, as the only California D2 program (how many D1 programs are in Cali???) they crossed the country to play 3 Florida teams early in the season and stand at 1-5 with just one game left with all of the RMAC teams.
dodger29

Post by dodger29 »

OK to say the 2019 RMAC men's lacrosse campaign has been a dumpster fire might be an understatement. Westminster, who currently lead the RMAC standings (3-0 with 3 games to play), couldn’t beat a Florida team even when those teams travelled to Salt Lake City. Colorado Mesa was totally inconsistent against competitive teams with a win against Lynn but substantial losses to Lindenwood and RMAC foe Westminster (They cancelled their game at Rockhurst for weather concerns, but I think that would have gone in Rockhurst’s favor). They were consistent in beating up on inferior opponents hanging 30 or even 50+ points on overmatched opponents, but they were all over the place. The one bright spot looked like Colorado State – Pueblo, but they still haven’t proven they can be competitive against Mesa and Westminster so they are a work in progress. Adams State is a scrappy team but just not very competitive with wins against Johnson & Wales (D3), St. Mary’s (NAIA), and Notre Dame de Namur (D2), but losses to all of the RMAC and Salve Regina (D3). All of these teams are in dire need of home games, so hopefully the “Visit Colorado” tourism campaign can attract some Spring Break trips for some east coast teams in the next few years. But, I fear until that happens these teams will continue to wither away…

Oh by the way the women's RMAC lacrosse teams are crushing it with 3 teams ranked in the top 15 in the country, so why the issue with the men???? :cry:
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I saw several of these teams this year (and over the past couple years), and the one that seems to be going in the right direction is Adams State. Trust me, I know how crazy that sounds, BUT they were much better disciplined and coached. Even though they haven't necessarily been more competitive this year, I think they are playing much better with what they've got.

Having gone through an off-season coaching change, they still had 13 freshman on a roster of only 33. If they can repeat that recruiting effort a couple times, I'll predict some good changes for Adams State.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”