Scores

Post by leeatu »

Home team listed first.

Fri, February 1

Montevallo 10, Westminster 11 (2OT)

Sat, February 2

Belmont Abbey 13, Tampa 9
Mars Hill 19, Lees-McRae 18
North Greenville 14, Young Harris 15 (OT)
Shorter 12, Chowan 14
Barton 13, Lincoln Memorial 14
Tusculum 2, Limestone 22

Sun, February 3

Alabama-Huntsville 6, Westminster 12
Benedictine (KS) (NAIA) 6, Rockhurst 27
Embry-Riddle (FL) 13, Keiser (NAIA) 7
Last edited by leeatu on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
laxmarmot

Re: Scores

Post by laxmarmot »

Well it is preseason, but there is a lot of work to do all across the every team. Nice to see the different teams getting early looks at some opponents. I think if these same games are played in late March most to the scores would be very different. :o
Your preparations of today, will determine the achievements of tomorrow.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

laxmarmot wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:04 pm Well it is preseason, but there is a lot of work to do all across the every team. Nice to see the different teams getting early looks at some opponents. I think if these same games are played in late March most to the scores would be very different. :o
The season started. These are not preseason games.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

What happened to the 2/2 Embry-Riddle (FL) vs. Northwood (Fla.) game? Originally scheduled and now appears to be dropped. Maybe just that simple...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 pm What happened to the 2/2 Embry-Riddle (FL) vs. Northwood (Fla.) game? Originally scheduled and now appears to be dropped. Maybe just that simple...
The Northwood (FL) campus no longer exists, it was sold to Keiser in 2015. Embry-Riddle (FL) played Keiser on Sunday.

Added scores above for the 2 Sunday games I missed.
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

Curious, What does a DII school playing a NAIA school do for your ranking? Wasn't Rockhurst in the 2018 top 20 for some time last year?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Laxwarrior wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 am Curious, What does a DII school playing a NAIA school do for your ranking? Wasn't Rockhurst in the 2018 top 20 for some time last year?
For the only rankings that count (NCAA regional rankings) any out of classification games have NO effect. And those regional rankings are the only basis for consideration for the tournament.

How a coach/media member in a poll reacts to such a game may or may not influence a ranking...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

leeatu wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:47 amThe Northwood (FL) campus no longer exists, it was sold to Keiser in 2015. Embry-Riddle (FL) played Keiser on Sunday. Added scores above for the 2 Sunday games I missed.
Got it. thank you. Replaced Northwood with Keiser in our system. It'll show up after the next D2 game. Besides this Northwood/Keiser change, I think we're caught up: Schedule, Results, and Ratings and Rankings.
Laxwarrior wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 amCurious, What does a DII school playing a NAIA school do for your ranking? Wasn't Rockhurst in the 2018 top 20 for some time last year?
Little to nothing. We give the "NAIA" team minimal Points so the game basically doesn't count.
PeteVenkman

Post by PeteVenkman »

Laxwarrior wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 am Curious, What does a DII school playing a NAIA school do for your ranking? Wasn't Rockhurst in the 2018 top 20 for some time last year?
Rockhurst finished the season 18th in the USILA and Lax Magazine poll in 2018. I'm fairly certain they play some NAIA programs because Rockhurst is located in Kansas City and they only have so many teams in a close proximity they can travel to and play - teams like Rockhurst, Westminster, Mesa, Adams State, etc. can only travel so much in one season - probably a reason why a school like Co. Mesa has D3's on their schedule and Rockhurst has some NAIA's. These schools are logging quadruple the amount of miles than any program on the East Coast. Just my guess though.
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Rockhurst plays 5 teams in the preseason top 20 and a few more that are right there on the brink. They will be an NCAA tournament team this year.
LCLX10

Post by LCLX10 »

What are the tourney rules this year? I saw on another post that it’s up to 12 teams but how are they chosen?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

LCLX10 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm What are the tourney rules this year? I saw on another post that it’s up to 12 teams but how are they chosen?
Six North teams, six South. One and two seeds each region get byes for first round.
First round May 8, second May 11. Semis next weekend, finals May 26 in Philly.

For criteria you need the NCAA pre-championship manual for DII lax. Basically division w-l, region record, SOS, head-to-head, common opponents, record against teams with winning records. Also in region RPI and SOS.
CarolinaLax Dad

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

Which teams have the toughest schedules? In the South?

Red I was thinking-hoping that you might have already put some thought into it.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CarolinaLax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am Which teams have the toughest schedules? In the South?

Red I was thinking-hoping that you might have already put some thought into it.
Nope - too busy dealing with all the other stuff I need to do - like teach a full load for the first time in ever...

But in a few days I will crank up my two spreadsheets to do KRACH, and then after seeing some data I will have an idea. But if you know the conferences the schedule admin put up gives you some clues.

Some examples (South, picking up some of the more notable games):

Abbey - Tampa, LR, Rockhurst, Queens, Indy, Lynn, FSC, UMO, Stone
Mesa - Lindenwood, Lynn, Rollins, Tampa, FSC, Westminster (2x)
FSC - Tampa, Wingate, UMO, Westminster, Lynn, Abbey, Mesa, Tampa, Rollins, Leo, Fl. Tech
Fl. Tech - LR, Rollins, Tampa, Lynn, Leo, FSC
Indy - Seton Hill, LMU, Mercyhurst, Abbey, Lindenwood, Rockhurst, Stone
Lake Erie - Rockhurst, Mack, Mercy, Mercyhurst, Indy, Seton Hill
LR - Stone, Abbey, Tampa, Fl. Tech, Wingate, Queens, Mercyhurst
Stone - LR, Leo, Mercyhurst, Queens, Rockhurst, Seton Hill, Abbey, UMO, Indy
LMU - Lindenwood, Indy, Queens, Wingate, LR
Lindenwood - Mesa, LMU, Seton HIll, Tampa, Leo, Indy, Westminster, UMO, Rockhurst
Lynn - Tech, Mesa, Westminster, FSC, Abbey, Rollins, Fl. Tech, Tampa, Leo
UMO - Queens, FSC, Wingate, Abbey, Lindenwood, Stone
Queens - UMO, Stone, Abbey, LMU, LR, Wingate
Rockhurst - Mesa, Erie, Abbey, Stone, Westminster, Lindenwood, Indy
Rollins - Wingate, Westminster, Mesa, Fl. Tech, Lynn, Leo, FSC, Tampa
Leo - Stone, Adelphi, Lindenwood, Rollins, Tampa, FSC, Fl. Tech, Lynn
Tampa - Abbey, FSC, LR, Adelphi, Lindenwood, Westminster, Mesa, Fl. Tech, Tech, FSC, Leo, Rollins, Lynn
Westminster - Lynn, Rollins, FSC, Tampa, Lindenwood, Rockhurst, Mesa (2x)
Wingate - Mercyhurst, Rollins, FSC, UMO, LMU, Queens

Even though Tampa/Stone not playing in the regular season for the first time in a _long_ time, I would say Tampa, but a lot of close calls to whom is next on the list.
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Looking at the list, the O.O.C. games and how teams perform on the roads trip should be the tell. There are several teams that will be grouped together near the top of that list. The bulk of the Sunshine Conference games should be worth the price of a ticket. Embry Riddle, and Palm Bch. are working hard in getting up to speed, a few more years and they may be making some noise.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Wednesday, Feb. 6

Coker 25, Chowan 8

Thursday, Feb. 7

Maryville 7, Colorado Mesa 8

Friday, Feb. 8

Young Harris 14, Palm Beach Atlantic 12
Wheeling Jesuit 8, Indianapolis 19
Embry-Riddle 18, Notre Dame de Namur 9
Shorter 2, Lincoln Memorial 14

Saturday, Feb 9

Saint Leo 23, Alabama Huntsville 12
Seton Hill 18, Molloy 4
Lindenwood 16, Colorado Mesa 10
Lenoir-Rhyne 9, Limestone 19
Catawba 13, Belmont Abbey 17
Montevallo 24, Mars Hill 18
North Greenville 8, Wingate 11
Newberry 20, Barton 14
Tusculum 23, Lees-McRae 8
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Some interesting scores, Limestone doubling LR, has Limestone put the puzzle BACK together again ? Mesa in a close, low shoring game against Maryville, anyone see this one. Montevallo over Mars Hill in a high scoring game. Nice to the new programs performing well.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Also on Saturday, Feb 9

Montreat (NAIA) 2, Queens 16
Pfeiffer (D3) 14, Emmanuel 9
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Fl. Tech 9, Coker 2 heading into the 4th.
Young - Harris 3, Embry Riddle 0 mid way in the 1st.
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

laxmarmot wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm Fl. Tech 9, Coker 2 heading into the 4th.
Young - Harris 3, Embry Riddle 0 mid way in the 1st.
Finals
Fl Tech 10-7
YHC 15-10

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”