D2 Mens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Re: Limestone 2019

Post by RedFromMI »

Thanks for the correction...
CharlotteLaxDad

Post by CharlotteLaxDad »

As a BA fan... I have to admit it was a great change of strategy on the part of Limestone to change up to a box style pick and roll game.

It really frees up their shooters wit some easy dunk shots, well not easy, but better shots than they had been getting all night long...

I am excited to see the rematch especially if the BA defense can learn to defend the pick and roll...

But from a purely Box perspective it was a great display of bBOC style play!

But BA has some cats of their own with Canadian Box experience.

So let’s get to round two!

Hats off to Limestone on a great come from behind win!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Oh - and one final thing. Coach J.B. Clarke got his career #300 win as a coach. Congratulations!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

As expected, the Saints are now #1 in the USILA poll, and the #1 position in the first regional ranking. One conference regular season game left against UMO (noon 4/20).

Win that and Saints have a sole conference championship, and the #1 seed in the six-team Conference Carolinas championship (top two seeds get byes, with #3 hosting #6 and #4 hosting #5 on Tuesday next week. Semis and finals at UMO - so two trips a week apart to Eastern NC. BTW, if they lose on Saturday it will be a 3-way tie for the regular season championship (LC, UMO, BAC), and I think the #1 seed would end up as a random selection. However it happens in that case (3-way tie) if BA is #1, UMO is #2 and Stone is #3. If UMO is #1, Stone is #2, and BA #3. If Stone is #1, BA is #2 and UMO is #3...

But their destiny is fully in their own control...
CharlotteLaxDad

Post by CharlotteLaxDad »

Watched the Limestone - UMO game yesterday and the script was pretty much the same as the Limestone - BA game.

Full transparency; I’m a BA fan...

It is clear until someone beats them, Limestone is the top of the food chain in the South.

3 things stick out to me..

1. Their depth, especially at mid field

2. Their FOGO; especially in the 4th quarter

3. #17, Clark Walter; until someone in the south figures out how to stop him.... They will not be beat. At least not by a team out of the south.

On the other side of the equation;

1. their defense can be scored on... if not for their dominance at X, it is likely they would have lost both to BA and UMO.

2. they can be turned over. Both BA and UMO where able to equalize some of the Limestone advantage at X by turning them over.

3. While very skilled with hi IQs; Limestone is not particularly athletic or physical. Both BA and UMO looked to be the more physical / stronger teams.

As I see it the x-factor for Limestone is Clark Walter; figure out a way to stop him and they can be beat...

But until that time.... They remain Kings of the south!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CharlotteLaxDad wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 am Watched the Limestone - UMO game yesterday and the script was pretty much the same as the Limestone - BA game.

It is clear until someone beats them, Limestone is the top of the food chain in the South.

They will run multiple lines at you all day - and mix and match them at will...

How about last three quarters - UMO was 6-8 in the first quarter and won a single faceoff in the second quarter. None in the second half...

3. #17, Clark Walter; until someone in the south figures out how to stop him.... They will not be beat. At least not by a team out of the south.

They have more than just him - and the reason he is doing so well is you also have to keep an eye on a few others at all times...

1. their defense can be scored on... if not for their dominance at X, it is likely they would have lost both to BA and UMO.

But other than Seton Hill who scored 14 on them, no one else has scored more than 10.

2. they can be turned over. Both BA and UMO where able to equalize some of the Limestone advantage at X by turning them over.

3. While very skilled with hi IQs; Limestone is not particularly athletic or physical. Both BA and UMO looked to be the more physical / stronger teams.

They still won...

As I see it the x-factor for Limestone is Clark Walter; figure out a way to stop him and they can be beat...

Someone else will step up...

Look - there is no question that ANY team this year can be beat - Mack, who should be the odds on favorite to win it all has taken two losses...Le Moyne as well...Stone is the only unbeaten team in the country, and only Indy, Adelphi and Mercy have a single loss. And after conference tournaments maybe no one will have less than one loss...

But you have to win it on the field...
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

CharlotteLaxDad wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 am Watched the Limestone - UMO game yesterday and the script was pretty much the same as the Limestone - BA game.

Both games could have gone either way...especially Mt. Olive. Not sure I agree with Limestone being less athletic maybe less physical. Besides face offs other stats that stand out in both games are shots on goal and Saves! Limestone with a big advantage in shots on goal in both games which could be correlated with the face off advantage. Mount Olive goalie had 22 saves and didn’t have a save in the 4th quarter. Maybe Limestone has to work on better shots. Other thing that stood out Sundown was held to 1 point against Mount Olive. Limestone with the clear advantage going into the conference tournament.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Regular season is over and the Saints have a perfect record at this point for the second time ever at 18-0... Looked good against the Greyhounds in the season closing game with a 18-11 victory. Sundown with a hat trick plus 6 assists, which more than made up for the lack of scoring by Clark Walter.

Yet another game where the opposing team crept close after what looked like an early blowout (Saints up 5-1 or so end of Q1) and eventually Indy got to within 4, then Stone pressed the gas pedal and ran away with this one.

#1 seed locked up - bye for the Wednesday game - will meet the #4/#5 winner on the weekend...

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”