D2 Men National Rankings and General Discussions

D2 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: D2 Men National Rankings and General Discussions

Post by admin »

D2 MEN: It's rare for the winner of the National Tournament not to be #1 in the FanLax Computer Rankings and... This is one of those cases. Congrats to the 2019 FanLax Computer Rankings #1 Team... Limestone. (And Congrats to Merrimack at #2.) http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/28/201 ... ngs-final/
MCL22105

Post by MCL22105 »

Indy over Adelphi is laughable, those teams are in different worlds. When Stone is on, the system appears to work because Stone has been so good and have played great in their previous final appearances. But when they aren’t.

I know travel is prohibitive, but maybe they could find a way to make the last four bids regionally agnostic for the years when the talent is unbalanced between the regions? Not sure it makes a difference this year, but I wonder how a say Pace would have done against the South Region teams? There only four losses were against very good Northern teams, but really didn’t play anyone else. It would also be nice if more regular season games between the top teams in the regions occurred to give us a better indicator.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

MCL22105 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:18 pm Indy over Adelphi is laughable, those teams are in different worlds. When Stone is on, the system appears to work because Stone has been so good and have played great in their previous final appearances. But when they aren’t.

I know travel is prohibitive, but maybe they could find a way to make the last four bids regionally agnostic for the years when the talent is unbalanced between the regions? Not sure it makes a difference this year, but I wonder how a say Pace would have done against the South Region teams? There only four losses were against very good Northern teams, but really didn’t play anyone else. It would also be nice if more regular season games between the top teams in the regions occurred to give us a better indicator.
I agree Adelphi is better than Uindy...but uindy beat their Nothern region teams Seton Hill and Mercyhurst. So is the talent that unbalanced between regions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MCL22105 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:18 pmIndy over Adelphi is laughable, those teams are in different worlds.
This may very well be true. But we don't build rankings on conjecture. Just Ws and Ls. And based on Ws and Ls, Indy had a better season. In terms of Ls, they're similar. But Ws are more important and... Adelphi beat Merrimack, which is big, and then there's a drop-off to... Tampa, Pace, etc.. Indy beat Belmont Abbey, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill... They don't have the one great win but they have several good ones. Bottomline, one W does not a season make.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”