2019 OH Boys Lacrosse Early Season Picks

HS Boys Lacrosse
CarolinaLax Dad

2019 OH Boys Lacrosse Early Season Picks

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

D1 Call it - will St X win again or will Moeller knock them or will UA win it?

What about D2? Mariemont's dominance in Southern Ohio usually means they are playing for the state championship most years. Also, they just seem to reload. Anyone think Indian Hill can knock them this year?
CarolinaLax Dad

Re: 2019 OH Boys Lacrosse Early Season Picks

I was hoping to find some more followers of Ohio HS Lacrosse on the board. Its been amazing to watch the growth in Cincinnati and the balance in teams. When I moved to Ohio in 2007 Columbus dominated Boys HS lacrosse. Now, the Cincinnati and Cleveland areas are turning out great HS lacrosse every year. A lot of people still look at Ohio for HS football, but there are a lot of Ohio kids playing College Lacrosse.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

I officiated a game or 2 for the Ohio Resolute HS elite squad at the Florida 3D tournament. The Ohio Resolute team made the finals, and gave the Adrenaline Nations United team all they could handle in the finals. A couple of attackmen with Moeller helmets stood out.

I'd wager that Moeller will have one hell of an attack. You gotta be pretty well balanced to win these days in Ohio, so I'm withholding my predictions until I know more.
Last edited by 3rdPersonPlural on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolinaLax Dad

I agree that Moeller will have a great attack line. They have senior Brendan Sigurdson a three year starter and Cleveland State Commit. I have been able to watch him play the last several years on my kid's travel team and watch him during the regular season. He has great vision and great release on his shot. Plus it helps that he is about 6'3". And I am guessing the Reso kids you saw are underclassmen and those kids are very talented with at least two of them starting along with Sigurdson.

St X will be good, but they aren't stacked like last year or the year before. In D2 it could be another trip to the finals for Mariemont unless Indian Hill can beat them in the regionals. I think its been 6 years since Indian Hill has beat Mariemont.

Let me know what you think!
CarolinaLax Dad

Big game next Friday between Mariemont and Indian Hill. Indian Hill hasn't been able to get by Mariemont in a long time. Indian Hill has a very experienced senior class. Mariemont has a strong defense led Charlie Cowert.

It should be an interesting game.
Hougie

Post by Hougie »

My 2021 #40 kid plays on the Springboro Varsity. We lost to both Mariemont and New Albany. Both games I'd like to do over again....lol Possibly the other Moeller kid you may want to look out for is Lane Miller 2021. Plays on the Resolute Ohio 2021 with my son. Hes insane good. I'm not saying Springboro is a state contender but on any given day they can hang with anyone. Elder tonight and St X next week. We shall see!

Handled St Francis DeSales Saturday pretty handily 9-2 but they are dealing with some injuries but then again we're down two starters as well.

Interestingly enough, the Springboro JV beat St X JV last year and I know alot of last years JV is now on the varsity squad. Could be a good battle.
Hougie

Post by Hougie »

Elder was no problem 10-4 Springboro. Lakota East on Friday
CarolinaLax Dad

Indian Hill and Springboro on Saturday. It could be a very could game or not. It depends on which Indian Hill team shows up. If its the team that upset Bishop Waterson it should be a close one with their Senior (FOGO) playing. If not probably not close. Indian Hill has been inconsistent this year. Obviously, I am close to it because my son plays for Indian Hill and has friends at Springboro.

I do believe if Springboro peaks at play off time - that it could be the team to go play in the semi-finals for D1. Thoughts?
CarolinaLax Dad

Great game tonight with Springboro making a big run and tieing it up. Overtime is all about possession. It could have gone either way. Indian Hill won the face-off and made the most of it.

Both teams had a lot of turn-overs. And played really hard to make up for those turnovers.

I know both teams are capable of going deep into the play offs. Springboro has to get by StX and Indian Hill has to get by Mariemont.
CarolinaLax Dad

Indian Hill FOGO Patrick Farist won his 1,000 career face-off tonight while going 19-5. The senior came in needing 18 wins to break 1,000. That puts him at #4 on the all HS win list. This might be the year that IH gets by Mariemont in Ohio D2.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”