NY Section I 2019 (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam)

HS Boys Lacrosse
NYSection1

Re: NY Section I 2019 (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam)

Post by NYSection1 »

Section I, Class A Championship

Marmaroneck 10, Lakeland/Panas 4:

The Tigers opened up with a 5-0 lead, the extended it to 6-1, but Lakeland/Panas scored 3 goals in the 2nd to make the score 6-4 at halftime.
Mamaroneck had deeper talent and shut down Lakeland/Panas in the second half, while pumping in four more goals for the 10-4 victory

Will Martin led the Tigers with 4g, 3a and Tom Conley had 1g, 4 a. Congratulations to Coach Jeff Barnard on his second Section I title in two years
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Section I Class B Championship

John Jay 7, Yorktown 6

John Jay's Bryce Ford scored with less than a minute on the clock in the second quarter to narrow the Cornhusker's lead to two goals, 5-3. The score was 6-6 in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Tyler Wishart scored the game winner for the Indians. John Jay had three offensive starters back from injury, but their goalie was injured and they still managed to win with a great game by back-up goalie, Jack Browne.

This may be the end of the John Jay-Yorktown Class B championship game, as rumor has it that a decrease in enrollment will move Yorktown to Class C next year. :(

Section I Class C Championship

Rye 8, Byram Hills 2

The Bobcats led 2-1 early in the game, but Rye's stellar defense shut-down Byram Hill's top scorers for the next three quarters. Bobcat's star goalie Griffen Rakower again kept it close with 16 saves. He will continue is career as a Princeton Tiger.

Rye avenged their loss to Pelham last year and will face Section 2 Class C champ next.

Section I Class D Championship

Briarcliff 9, Pleasantville 8 OT

Briarcliff assumes the crown of Class D Champ. You can't get a more even match-up than this! Briarcliff freshman Matt Waterhouse scored the winning goal with a 33 seconds left in OT. Despite several unforced turnovers, Pleasantville was able to overcome a five goal deficit, trail by one in the final minute, and tie it up at 8-8 with 3 seconds let in regulation!!! :o

Congrats to the Bears for their first Section I championship. Go win NY State Class D.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

-
Great day for Section I: Regional semifinals: Section I vs Section 2:

Class A:
Mamaroneck 11, Niskayuna 5

Class B:
John Jay 13, Ballston Spa 6

Class C:
Rye 14, La Salle 6

Class D:
Briarcliff 5, Schuylerville 3

Next up on Saturday: Section I vs Section 9:

John Jay vs. Warwick (Sec. 9 champ) -Middletown High School; 12:30 pm
Doid23

Post by Doid23 »

Huge win for Mamaroneck, thought they could hang with Nisky, but was a solid win.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 pm I always wondered the back story on Kyle Michella. Why he didn’t get the opportunity, or chose not to go on to play college lacrosse. I know he had some highlight stuff out there so he wanted to play at one point at least.... (I heard size was maybe an issue, but certainly he could have found a role somewhere)
Well, I bumped into a North Rockland guy who told me Michella went on to play collegiate club level for a year at Virginia Tech and then faded away...
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
viper

Post by viper »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 pm I always wondered the back story on Kyle Michella. Why he didn’t get the opportunity, or chose not to go on to play college lacrosse. I know he had some highlight stuff out there so he wanted to play at one point at least.... (I heard size was maybe an issue, but certainly he could have found a role somewhere)
Well, I bumped into a North Rockland guy who told me Michella went on to play collegiate club level for a year at Virginia Tech and then faded away...
Poor guy, probably out there slumming with an Engineering Degree from V-Tech......
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

viper wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:03 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 pm
Poor guy, probably out there slumming with an Engineering Degree from V-Tech......
Yep. I’m fairly certain (or at least hope) that he’s doing just fine in life. Just thinking about lacrosse, because, you know.... lacrosse forum.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”