Massachusetts

HS Boys Lacrosse
Masslax

Massachusetts

Post by Masslax »

Sorry to see Laxpower go, glad that this was set up. Hope to see some of the same folks from there here......
belichick

Re: Massachusetts

Post by belichick »

Let's get some talk going. Season starts in just over 2 months.
Can BC High repeat, or will LS get back on top? Hingham perhaps? Making it out of the South D1 bracket is going to be a huge task for anyone.
Any predictions on D2 or D3?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lincoln-Sudbury lost some key players, Not sure if there are players to fill their shoes. Hingham also loses some quality guys but with the Egans at FO and Goalie and other quality players, that'll help a lot. BC High is more of a mystery to me.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Xaverian is a team to look out for, their senior class includes playmakers Sam Jean, Trevor Carroll, and Jack Whalen. All who have the ability to take over games. Gardner will lead their defense again. They seem to have one of the states top junior goalies as well. It appears as if they haven’t lost much.

Hingham will be interesting as they lost 4 poles who played a lot for them. They also lost 3 of their top offensive players in Ryan Hill, Jake Quilty, and Marshall Terres. That’s a lot to lose, but they have a strong program and coaching staff that will help them to be a contender this spring.

Duxbury hasn’t really been lead by any big names in awhile, but senior Cole Biggins should lead a solid defense. One offense they will definitely have some talent. I would be shocked if they aren’t a top four team in D1 south.

BC High will surprise a lot of people. They lost Mav Woods and Charlie Pyne on offense but return Aidan Carroll who might be the top attack in the state as well as a few other starters and key players. Martin Folan will be big for them at LSM. The losses of Tommy Joyce and Will Bowen will be big, but I can see them be a very strong defense that plays solid team D. The only major question mark I see are face offs and goaltending.

Franklin will be interesting as they lose Civetti who has pretty much been their entire offense for the past few years. Pat Morrison should lead their defense and take the opponents top attackmen out of the game.

It should be an interesting spring this year.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Marisa Ingemiput together a preseason top 100 players for public & privates. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... _EF92s/pub
People can always argue about order, but it's nice to get the preseason buzz going with a look ahead at some of the impact players for 2019. See post below. Thanks admin!
Last edited by Laxxal22 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marisa's List but formatted so it's easier to read.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will Bowen is out for the season with an ACL tear.
OldManLax

Post by OldManLax »

Too bad about Bowen. Wish him a speedy recovery.
Go Underdogs!
Masslax

Post by Masslax »

Season is just around the corner....hope to see some activity here.
Little mention about AB in past years but they shook up the north last year. Even though the north looks to be less competitive and interesting than the south again this year. LS lost some talent but played very well in off season.

Hingham was off to a great start last year and ran into a BC buzzsaw. Dux was showing some signs of its old self. South is always a gauntlet and teams seem to be better prepared for post season play than those from the north. LS had a great run from the north but may need a couple years to reload.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Anyone have results of the scrimmages at LS this past weekend?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

There were some interesting scrimmages between ISL schools vs MIAA schools.

Xaverian vs BH
Medfield vs RL & Milton
Needham vs Thayer

Any feed back?
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 pm Anyone have results of the scrimmages at LS this past weekend?
LS and BG tied 10-10. Cameron had 5 or 6 goals for BG. Quickest first step I've seen on the dodge.

Hingham looked like they had a decent lead against Wellesley in the first half. Scoreboard was out on that side.
Laxcoach55

Post by Laxcoach55 »

BC High v Xavarian should be a good game today!
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

Laxcoach55 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 am BC High v Xavarian should be a good game today!
Looks like Xaverian had a big run mid game to run way with it 16-7. Surprised at the 16 goals against BCH.
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

Hingham, LS, SJP, Needham, Xaverian look to be the top of the D1 teams so far. Not sure what to think of BC High losing two games at home and giving up a pile of goals on D. I'm sure they will figure it out and be tough in the end.

SJP wins at BCH and X this week after losing close ones to LS and Hingham.
Duxbury lost to a solid D3 Cohasset team yesterday. LS had an easy time with Cohasset last week.
Needham had a nice win against top NH team Bishop Guertin.
AB's schedule is so soft it will be hard to gauge them for a bit.

Thoughts from those who have seen some of these teams play?
Laxcoach55

Post by Laxcoach55 »

Winchester looks great this year.
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

Winchester at LS tomorrow at noon to begin the Coaches Cup Challenge. Will be interesting to see how they fare.
LordRaider

Post by LordRaider »

Does anyone have any insight on what happened at the Coaches Cup?

Along those lines, is there another board out there for Mass lax? Much less chatter here than on LaxPower in years past, and way less than on the CT, ISL, and NE West boards. I’m from Boston, played college lax in Ohio, and now live/coach in Seattle, so I’ve really relied on LaxPower for scores and commentary over the last 10+ years. I like this familiar format but please let me know if there is a better place for EMass lax news.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

LordRaider, have you looked at bostonlax.net? I'm not sure how active the commenting is over there, but they cover a lot of games and do a weekly MIAA top 25. A good amount of video highlights as well. There is a paywall, but it's ridiculously cheap. Like $10 for the year or something like that.
LordRaider

Post by LordRaider »

Laxxal22- thanks, that’s a solid site. Getting caught up now!

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”