Virginia 6A 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
Crlaxy

Re: Virginia 6A 2019

Post by Crlaxy »

shadygray wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:46 am what are the match ups for the state tournament
Not sure about the other side, but

#1 Riverside hosts #2 Fauquier (5/31)
#1 Kettle Run hosts #2 Dominion (5/31)

Winners play 6/4
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

What a gorgeous night for lacrosse! I made it out to Coffey Stadium to watch a really entertaining Robinson/Woodson game. Rams held on to win 11-10 in a game that was back-and-forth, a little chippy and frankly very well played.

#48/34 were huge for WTW. I think 48 had 5 gs and 34 maybe 4, with him working that GLE inside roll to perfection until Rams goalie stuffed him with less than a minute left (change levels!!).

Rams looked like much different team than the one that lost to South County in districts. D did much better on ground balls tonight and getting Swaggerty involved in the clearing game was huge in 2nd half. While Connolly and Swaggerty got their normal points on O, key tonight for Rams was getting production from other players - I think #15 Alonzo had 4 gs and #24 Sands maybe 3g 2A.

Key point in game was Rams got 2 minute unreleasable penalty with 4 minutes left and up by 1, but Woodson was unable to convert. Rams had a few under 2 minutes "keep it in" snafus (I hate that rule) but were able to hold on.

Good crowd, good food, kids playing hard - all in all a great Friday night in Fairfax
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

Does anyone have the Patriot All-Conference team 1st/2nd/HM (Robinson, SoCo, WS, Woodson, etc)?
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Congrats to Dominion's Sean Wagner on winning a national championship today for Cabrini!!

He had a huge game - 1 G, 3 Gb, 3Ct and the final hit on the Amherst attackman to seal the deal. Great way to end a career,

Long live FuZe lacrosse!!
shadygray

Post by shadygray »

Any predictions for the Madison Patriot game this evening
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

shadygray wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:10 am Any predictions for the Madison Patriot game this evening
Patriot should be ready to face a well coached team who is going to play hard for the entire game. Hopefully Patriot understands offensive ball movement tonight and the wonders it can do for your offense. In addition, I think the kids should find out what its like to move their feet even when the ball isn't in their sticks.

I, along with so many others, have no idea what the offensive philosophy is at Patriot. Maybe it can make a surprise appearance tonight and catch Madison off guard.

Patriot hasn't fared well the last two games at the FO-X, hopefully that will change tonight.

I don't know who Madison was missing last time, but Patriot was down 3-4 kids who get a lot of field time.

IF, and that's a big if, Patriot plays like their capable, I see them winning going away. It will depend on how the kids choose to play. They will choose either team lacrosse, or be a collection of individuals wearing the same uniforms.
Last edited by MyLongStick on Tue May 28, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWCLAXHOMER

Post by PWCLAXHOMER »

Patriot over Madison by 1 in OT (11 to 10). Patriot likes to play a fast pace game; the question is are they deep enough to still have legs in the 4th quarter. Should be a very good game.

Battlefield over Oakton by 3 (8 to 5). Battlefield is tough at home on their grass field. Oakton is rumoured to be down some key players on offense due to injury. If Oakton was healthy and at home I would pick Oakton.
PWCLAXHOMER

Post by PWCLAXHOMER »

I agree with the comment about Patriot needing to move the ball tonight and move off ball. If they start trying to dodge double teams and expend energy pointlessly; they will run out of steam before the game is over. If they want to they can move the ball very well. Patriot likes to score on unsettle situations and fast breaks; doubt they will see as many of those against Madison, I also doubt Patriot will allow many unsettled situation for Madisons offense. They will need to be patient and conserve energy by moving the ball through the air and not just with their feet once in a settled situation.

Penalties may play a huge role. Both of these teams have shown the ability to put themselves man down a lot with unnecessary penalties fueled by emotion.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

PWCLAXHOMER wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 pm Patriot over Madison by 1 in OT (11 to 10). Patriot likes to play a fast pace game; the question is are they deep enough to still have legs in the 4th quarter. Should be a very good game.

Battlefield over Oakton by 3 (8 to 5). Battlefield is tough at home on their grass field. Oakton is rumoured to be down some key players on offense due to injury. If Oakton was healthy and at home I would pick Oakton.
Wouldn't that be something. Patriot v. Battlefield to see who the best NOVA 6A team is. Then have a Loudoun 6A team next season who is likely better than both of those. What will the FFX county people do? Can WS beat Woodson?
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

PWCLAXHOMER wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:52 pm I agree with the comment about Patriot needing to move the ball tonight and move off ball. If they start trying to dodge double teams and expend energy pointlessly; they will run out of steam before the game is over. If they want to they can move the ball very well. Patriot likes to score on unsettle situations and fast breaks; doubt they will see as many of those against Madison, I also doubt Patriot will allow many unsettled situation for Madisons offense. They will need to be patient and conserve energy by moving the ball through the air and not just with their feet once in a settled situation.

Penalties may play a huge role. Both of these teams have shown the ability to put themselves man down a lot with unnecessary penalties fueled by emotion.
Hopefully the refs learn to swallow those whistles and flags tonight. Control the game early and then manage it the rest of the way.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

Warhawks edge Patriots 14-13 as Ruffalo scores game winner w/ 8 seconds left.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

ReLax! wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 pm Warhawks edge Patriots 14-13 as Ruffalo scores game winner w/ 8 seconds left.
Coaches keep stealing pay checks with more bone headed moves.
down_the_alley

Post by down_the_alley »

Briar Woods over John Champe 16-7 to win region championship. Got a feeling the teams will meet a fourth time in the semis.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm
PWCLAXHOMER wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 pm Patriot over Madison by 1 in OT (11 to 10). Patriot likes to play a fast pace game; the question is are they deep enough to still have legs in the 4th quarter. Should be a very good game.

Wouldn't that be something. Patriot v. Battlefield to see who the best NOVA 6A team is. Then have a Loudoun 6A team next season who is likely better than both of those. What will the FFX county people do? Can WS beat Woodson?
Would've been something, but Madison beat 'em both. Helluva game last night by Patriot and Madison - very evenly matched teams.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

down_the_alley wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:44 pm Briar Woods over John Champe 16-7 to win region championship. Got a feeling the teams will meet a fourth time in the semis.
+

You should give the 5A thread some love with this post.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

NOVALax2015 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Would've been something, but Madison beat 'em both. Helluva game last night by Patriot and Madison - very evenly matched teams.
Battlefield is coming out smelling like roses with their next matchup.....they have benefited big time by finishing 3rd in the region, not to mention getting that wounded Oakton team.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Elite Eight...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

What I've heard:
Woodson @ Madison on 5/31 at TBD
South County @ Colonial Forge 6/1 at 5pm
Battlefield @ Cosby 5/31 at 5:30pm
Patriot @ Robinson 6/1 at 6:30pm
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

Patriot-Robinson should be an interesting matchup....Patriot will be without their big scoring mid the rest of the playoffs and it will be interesting to see if their FOGO came climb out of his slump.

Defense looked completely lost at times against Madison. Madison moved players, and the ball around on offense that looked to confuse Patriot. It's obvious that Patriot does not get that same look from their offense in practice.

Turnovers absolutely did Patriot "in" during that loss. The last possession was a sure fire sht show of epic proportions. Again, the guys in the coaching shirts are stealing checks with this team.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

you should coach. you sound like you really know your stuff.
VA6ALacrosse

Post by VA6ALacrosse »

MyLongStick wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:57 am Patriot-Robinson should be an interesting matchup....Patriot will be without their big scoring mid the rest of the playoffs and it will be interesting to see if their FOGO came climb out of his slump.

Defense looked completely lost at times against Madison. Madison moved players, and the ball around on offense that looked to confuse Patriot. It's obvious that Patriot does not get that same look from their offense in practice.

Turnovers absolutely did Patriot "in" during that loss. The last possession was a sure fire sht show of epic proportions. Again, the guys in the coaching shirts are stealing checks with this team.
Going off info from the forums, my guess is Patriot beats them handily. Robinson is probably 7th or 8th best team in 6a.... right?
Last edited by VA6ALacrosse on Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”