Virginia 6A 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
MyLongStick

Re: Virginia 6A 2019

Post by MyLongStick »

Patriot beat Madison tonight with several starters sidelined. Patriot looks deep and talented.
ktfarrell16

Post by ktfarrell16 »

Oakton beat WT Woodson 11 - 5
OnThe7thDayLAX

Post by OnThe7thDayLAX »

VA6ALacrosse wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:04 pm
Pipecitybaby wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:24 pm Top 5 6A Ranking going into the season, thoughts......,

1) Oakton
2) South Lakes
3) Robinson
4) South County
5) Chantilly

Players to watch?

Let’s get ready to rumble.

I am thinking this is where teams are starting off this year:

Pre-Season Rankings for 6A NoVA teams
1. Oakton
2. Robinson
3. Patriot
4. Madison
5. Yorktown
6. Woodson
7. South Lakes
8. South County
9. Westfield
10. Chantilly
11. Langley
Preseason Ranking 3/11
1. Oakton- Still lots of talent, wonder if losing the OC will change much
2. Robinson- Given the lack of regional competition make them all but certain for a #1 seed in states
3. Westfield- Having people back from injuries will make them as strong if not stronger than last year
4. Yorktown- Looked good in the offseason. Tons of young talent
5. Patriot- Stay healthy and disciplined they have a great chance at states
6. South County- New head coaches always cause a learning curve, however! the new coach has been on staff so it should be minimal.
7. South Lakes- Last shot for this crew. They graduate almost all of their team including two D1 prospects
8. Chantilly- Lost some weapons but coaching staff has proven that they don't rebuild, they reload!
9. Madison- Whole new coaching staff, same old issues.
10. Langley- Old dog new tricks. Don't see them making a run for the region but they will play a lot of close games this year

Also getting votes
11. Woodson- What will an offense look like with out the great Bobby?
12. West Springfield- Has weapons... someone has to play for the 4th place in the region
VA6ALacrosse

Post by VA6ALacrosse »

OnThe7thDayLAX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 pm
VA6ALacrosse wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:04 pm
Pipecitybaby wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:24 pm Top 5 6A Ranking going into the season, thoughts......,

1) Oakton
2) South Lakes
3) Robinson
4) South County
5) Chantilly

Players to watch?

Let’s get ready to rumble.

I am thinking this is where teams are starting off this year:

Pre-Season Rankings for 6A NoVA teams
1. Oakton
2. Robinson
3. Patriot
4. Madison
5. Yorktown
6. Woodson
7. South Lakes
8. South County
9. Westfield
10. Chantilly
11. Langley
Preseason Ranking 3/11
1. Oakton- Still lots of talent, wonder if losing the OC will change much
2. Robinson- Given the lack of regional competition make them all but certain for a #1 seed in states
3. Westfield- Having people back from injuries will make them as strong if not stronger than last year
4. Yorktown- Looked good in the offseason. Tons of young talent
5. Patriot- Stay healthy and disciplined they have a great chance at states
6. South County- New head coaches always cause a learning curve, however! the new coach has been on staff so it should be minimal.
7. South Lakes- Last shot for this crew. They graduate almost all of their team including two D1 prospects
8. Chantilly- Lost some weapons but coaching staff has proven that they don't rebuild, they reload!
9. Madison- Whole new coaching staff, same old issues.
10. Langley- Old dog new tricks. Don't see them making a run for the region but they will play a lot of close games this year

Also getting votes
11. Woodson- What will an offense look like with out the great Bobby?
12. West Springfield- Has weapons... someone has to play for the 4th place in the region
Just a few thoughts:
-Oakton did not lose their OC, but yes, did lose an assistant coach who is now the Madison HC
-Westfield at the 3 spot is a little overzealous. But maybe they’ll prove me wrong
-Woodson’s offense won’t be the main issue, as they still have talent on that side of the ball. Defense will be their achilles heal
-West Springfield beating South Lakes shows they have aspirations and the capability to be better than just 4th
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

I was really looking forward to that Oakton - Patriot game on Saturday. But word is that Patriot will be down 3 of their top mids and a starter at attack. Might be too much of a strain on their depth. Apparently their attack went down early in the Madison game and a mid went down in pre-game contact. If so, their coach needs to clean up his instructions on what is expected in pre game drills and "live" fire.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Always fun to make Pre-season predictions but they change as quickly as the games start:

1. South Lakes not top 10 WS should be.
2. Chantilly is heading on a downhill course. This "re-load" has not existed for years and a weaker youth program is to blame.
3. Could this finally be Patriot's year?

I would also like to hear insight on 4a and 5a. BW is still at the top of 5a until proven otherwise but if you combined Freedom's D with JC's offense they would be the best team in the state 5a or 6a. Riverside JV bested PVI JV which shows well for the future.

These are just my thoughts.
DadsLaxTaxi

Post by DadsLaxTaxi »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:09 pm BW is still at the top of 5a until proven otherwise but if you combined Freedom's D with JC's offense they would be the best team in the state 5a or 6a.
Ok, I'm guessing your son in on D or O for one of those teams, but if you add them together they would still lose to Riverside or Briar Woods and not even hang with Oakton or Robinson. Fantasy combos serve no purpose unless you're trying to call out your son's team, let it go.

Here's the 2018 er I mean 2019 final predictions.

In 6a it's a race between Oakton and Robinson, nothing else matters. That is my final again.

5a is Briar Woods from start to finish-again.

4a is Riverside-again.

The good inter-conference game coming up is Oakton at Riverside 3/19. Can't wait to see who wins that tilt.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

DadsLaxTaxi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:15 pm
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:09 pm BW is still at the top of 5a until proven otherwise but if you combined Freedom's D with JC's offense they would be the best team in the state 5a or 6a.
Ok, I'm guessing your son in on D or O for one of those teams, but if you add them together they would still lose to Riverside or Briar Woods and not even hang with Oakton or Robinson. Fantasy combos serve no purpose unless you're trying to call out your son's team, let it go.

Here's the 2018 er I mean 2019 final predictions.

In 6a it's a race between Oakton and Robinson, nothing else matters. That is my final again.

5a is Briar Woods from start to finish-again.

4a is Riverside-again.

The good inter-conference game coming up is Oakton at Riverside 3/19. Can't wait to see who wins that tilt.
First of all, WRONG my son does not play for either of those teams. I am just a fan of NOVA lacrosse and hate to see the FFX bias here. But I guess I can stop posting now so the three or four people who will post can keep droning on about the same boring teams. For the record, I go back really far with FFX teams but happen to know something about other schools I thought might be beneficial. I do happen to know who starts at D and Attack and anyone who knows anything would agree that the team those two HS could combine to put on the field would challenge any team in NOVA including Oakton or Robinson.
DadsLaxTaxi

Post by DadsLaxTaxi »

Really, besides Young who else is on the attack for JC, or even midfield? Loads of D1 talent, can't be stopped? Gimme a break.

You'd pick these other JC kids (beisdes Young who is a great kid) over the 3 attack at Riverside? C'mon Dad, we know your son plays for Champe.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

DadsLaxTaxi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm Really, besides Young who else is on the attack for JC, or even midfield? Loads of D1 talent, can't be stopped? Gimme a break.

You'd pick these other JC kids (beisdes Young who is a great kid) over the 3 attack at Riverside? C'mon Dad, we know your son plays for Champe.
Hey lord of the mini van or DLT or whatever you were thinking when you created that silly username, stick to what you know because in the words of Junior Soprano, "What you don't know could fill a book." Never stated I would pick these kids over RS. They have the best attack line in Loudoun. I also had posted two years ago on LP that if you combine any two loudoun teams they would be a state contender in 6a. Riverside A and Freedom D and goalie would be favored by 2 over Oakton or Robinson. I did mention BW is the team to beat. Unlike you, I do not have a kids playing HS this season. Like I stated I am just a fan no agenda to prove. Besides, what would posting here prove anyway?
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Yikes, Virginia 6A 2019 forum off to a bit of a shaky start.

My son's a senior in college so I've kind of lost touch with the high school scene the last few years. Anyone care to post who are some of the stud players to watch for this year? I know at Robinson Declan Connolly is back and I think the younger Swagerty (Eric?) should have a great year. I imagine Zach Sands will get more time on O with Scarborough gone.

What is this Champe people are talking about?
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

FXLax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 pm Yikes, Virginia 6A 2019 forum off to a bit of a shaky start.

My son's a senior in college so I've kind of lost touch with the high school scene the last few years. Anyone care to post who are some of the stud players to watch for this year? I know at Robinson Declan Connolly is back and I think the younger Swagerty (Eric?) should have a great year. I imagine Zach Sands will get more time on O with Scarborough gone.

What is this Champe people are talking about?
Seems to me that we already have Robinson parents on here.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Tale of Two Halves & Back in Black...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

At SoCo Prison Invitational (I might have that title wrong)
1PM Game: Battlefield came out and smoked Woodson 6-2 at the half...start the bus! Wait, Cavs get two quick ones and its 4-6 maybe a game. Cavs storm back on a 7-0 run shutting out the Bobcats to get out to a 9-6 lead. Won what should have been the dagger FO with just over 3 minutes left and a bad shot trying to get to 10 goes the other way for a Cat score...9-7 WTW. A long-stick FO win for the Cats (1st of half) resulted in another goal 9-8 and it was nervous time for the Cav faithful. B-field got one last chance with 22 left and the shot was high and next feed went astray to end a big comeback by the Cavs built on GBs after halftime!

3PM Game: Madison left the white jerseys in Vienna so it was the unusual all dark jersey game with Madhawks in Black & Robo in Blue and it was truly a Black & Blue game. Some crunching checks and missed opportunities [one was a big check missed at the mid-line as a Robo attackmen flew out of bounds thru the box missing everything to a large roar from the Hawk players...this is foreshadowing as the next assist & goal from that attacker had a lot of swag aimed at the Madison bench] left it 3-3 at the half. Rams got first two in the 3rd and at 5-3 it seemed like the Hawks were against the wall as the goalie change at halftime was going to backfire. Hawks clawed back getting the next three before throwing it out of the box to give Robo one more chance. The shot from the attacker went high and it was over 6-5 for the Black. Post game flag as one of the Ram attackers took exception to the loss and will probably get to watch the next game from the bench as the referees did a good job defusing what could have been a Lake Braddock-Robo type melee!
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

Anybody have a run down on Oakton-Patriot? I know it ended 11-7, but not a lot more. I think Patriot was still short handed by several starters missing and Oakton was down their top attack.
ktfarrell16

Post by ktfarrell16 »

Patriot controlled possession early on and built a 3 - 1 lead early into the 2nd Quater. Oakton settled down and rattled off six consecutive goals after being down 3-1. Oakton led 4-3 at half and 7-4 after the 3rd quarter. Patriot and Oakton alternated goals in the 4th Quarter. Bitner (4 goals) and Arnold (3 goals) combined to score all of Oakton's first 7 goals. Rutgers commit McDaid did not play for Oakton. Oakton vs. Riverside next Tuesday (and Robinson next Saturday, with SoCo on Thursday as well). Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8q494In5XI&t=6s
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

The “StoneSide” combined team was because Riverside was built to alleviate Stone Bridges overcrowding. Most of those kids went to Elementary and Middle school together. Many of them even attended SB their frosh and soph years before being moved to RS. A few family’s had kids on both teams. A problem the Fairfax schools luckily haven’t had to worry about for the last 20+ years.

As for RS future looking bright with JV win over PVI’s JV. The JV team is something like 26-1 with only loss to Dominion two years ago. And has two VEL championships during that time. They basically won every game by 10+ last year. This years freshman class (2022) may even be better.

If Riverside hadn’t been built, I think you would see a few more State Championships hanging in SB’s gym.

Btw, Riverside has both Oakton and Briar Woods in the next 9 days.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

Early season results proving preseason rankings to be an entertaining dumpster fire. Gotta love the early season chaos!
down_the_alley

Post by down_the_alley »

Crlaxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:27 pm The “StoneSide” combined team was because Riverside was built to alleviate Stone Bridges overcrowding. Most of those kids went to Elementary and Middle school together. Many of them even attended SB their frosh and soph years before being moved to RS. A few family’s had kids on both teams. A problem the Fairfax schools luckily haven’t had to worry about for the last 20+ years.

As for RS future looking bright with JV win over PVI’s JV. The JV team is something like 26-1 with only loss to Dominion two years ago. And has two VEL championships during that time. They basically won every game by 10+ last year. This years freshman class (2022) may even be better.

If Riverside hadn’t been built, I think you would see a few more State Championships hanging in SB’s gym.

It will be interesting to see how much talent Paul VI will take out of Loudoun Co. publics. For sure there will be some top talent that will make the switch when they open in 2020.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

down_the_alley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm
Crlaxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:27 pm The “StoneSide” combined team was because Riverside was built to alleviate Stone Bridges overcrowding. Most of those kids went to Elementary and Middle school together. Many of them even attended SB their frosh and soph years before being moved to RS. A few family’s had kids on both teams. A problem the Fairfax schools luckily haven’t had to worry about for the last 20+ years.

It will be interesting to see how much talent Paul VI will take out of Loudoun Co. publics. For sure there will be some top talent that will make the switch when they open in 2020.
I think PVI talent drain on Loudoun will be more of an issue for the future players than the current HS players. Kids already at Loudoun schools are more likely to stay. Those that want to go to PVI already went to PVI. I do not see many making a switch. But what do I know?? Some think my kid may be currently playing for John Champe? Right DLT
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

Riverside 18 -7 over Oakton.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”