NJ 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
bulax

Re: NJ 2019

Post by bulax »

Unsurprisingly, Summit blew out Morristown beard and will face Mountain Lakes in the TOC semifinal. Not much more that I took away from this game. The second game was much more competitive but Montgomery eventually pulled away and comfortably advanced 13-9 against a frustrated moorestown squad. Face offs were dominated by Montgomery, and they played a few interesting possessions where they kept the fogo or the lsm on to play 5 on 5. At the end of the day this change up worked. The montgomery goalie had a good game, coming up with some stops that halted moorestown's runs. Im interested to see how they match up against Delbarton. My predictions:

5pm at Kean:
Summit: 8
Mountain Lakes: 13

7:30 at Kean:
Montgomery: 9
Delbarton: 11
LordRaider

Post by LordRaider »

Outsider here, but in town this week and might go to Kean on Weds for some lax.

So, barring an upset, it looks like it’s setting up to be Mountain Lakes in a rematch against Delbarton, the team that’s handed then their only two losses?
bulax

Post by bulax »

Yes, but both games, especially the second, were very close. No doubt that Lakes has been game planning for delbarton since. Montgomery looked very talented in person, so Delbarton cant afford to look past them like Seton Hall Prep did to Don bosco prep.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

$15 but, still a good option. Hopefully the games won't be rained out. http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... -on-njcom/
bulax

Post by bulax »

Games postponed until tomorrow night. Same location and time.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

man, i didn't think Lakes was going to win, let alone manhandle Delby. great game by them and a tough way to end the season for the Green Wave. good thing lakes got it done this year, they graduate all 6 starters offensively as well as their goalie and i believe 2 out of 3 defensemen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

agreed. surprising w. surprising score. anyone know what happened?
NJLax80

Post by NJLax80 »

Lakes was simply the better team on Saturday night and in every facet of the game. Consistent face-offs, an offense that was constantly pushing the pace, fierce on ground balls and the ride. Once the defense settled in, they were dominant.

Delbarton had only 1 goal in the second half and that came midway thru 3q. They just put their foot down on the Green Wave. Lakes played a complete, end to end game and fully deserve the TOC Championship. Hats off to Tim Flynn and the team.

And let's not forget, Lakes is a Group 1 public. That is amazing in itself.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wow. impressive. kudos.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

This Mountain Lakes class of seniors has been a good one for many years. At the youth level they were always impressive (even though the coaches ran a zone in 5th grade, but that's not the players' fault, and they likely would have won without it). What a town of 4,000 does with their program is impressive.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

ctbagataway wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm This Mountain Lakes class of seniors has been a good one for many years. At the youth level they were always impressive (even though the coaches ran a zone in 5th grade, but that's not the players' fault, and they likely would have won without it). What a town of 4,000 does with their program is impressive.
How does Drew Brennfleck’s game translate to the D1 game at Virginia next year?
NJLax80

Post by NJLax80 »

blue angels wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm
ctbagataway wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm This Mountain Lakes class of seniors has been a good one for many years. At the youth level they were always impressive (even though the coaches ran a zone in 5th grade, but that's not the players' fault, and they likely would have won without it). What a town of 4,000 does with their program is impressive.
How does Drew Brennfleck’s game translate to the D1 game at Virginia next year?
Prototype two-way middie. Throwback that does alot of things well. Great motor and high IQ. Played big down the stretch and in TOC.
Last edited by NJLax80 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

Anybody at the Jersey Strong Showcase yesterday? Always a great event and saw the top group with SHP, Haverford, Lakes, and Ridgewood which looked pretty interesting. Also Delbarton, Ridge, Malvern Prep, and Summit was a pretty strong group. Based on what I’ve seen in 2019 SHP looks to be returning a lot with some young guns coming up in the program and without very many major losses. Delbarton had some major losses with Long and may have an off year next year, but you can’t ever sleep on Delb. Lakes loses the majority of its talent and we’ll definitely have a very tough road to repeating their TOC. Ridgewood will likely not be a top contender next year. Not too sure about Ridge and Summit. But imo it looks like next year could be a big year for SHP.
random observer

Post by random observer »

njlax1234 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 pm Anybody at the Jersey Strong Showcase yesterday? Always a great event and saw the top group with SHP, Haverford, Lakes, and Ridgewood which looked pretty interesting. Also Delbarton, Ridge, Malvern Prep, and Summit was a pretty strong group. Based on what I’ve seen in 2019 SHP looks to be returning a lot with some young guns coming up in the program and without very many major losses. Delbarton had some major losses with Long and may have an off year next year, but you can’t ever sleep on Delb. Lakes loses the majority of its talent and we’ll definitely have a very tough road to repeating their TOC. Ridgewood will likely not be a top contender next year. Not too sure about Ridge and Summit. But imo it looks like next year could be a big year for SHP.
SHP is loaded (and overlooked in their stunning playoff loss is that they played without Stephenson for the last month of the season). Everyone know about the rising seniors, but the 2021s are strong as well, and their rising sophomore class might be the best in the country.

ML and Ridgewood indeed lose a lot, but I disagree that Delbarton has major losses. Yea they lose Long, but they return their next top four scorers, and you just know they'll have underclassmen ready to step into bigger roles. Summit should be in pretty good shape too, with a strong rising junior class.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

random observer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm
njlax1234 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 pm Anybody at the Jersey Strong Showcase yesterday? Always a great event and saw the top group with SHP, Haverford, Lakes, and Ridgewood which looked pretty interesting. Also Delbarton, Ridge, Malvern Prep, and Summit was a pretty strong group. Based on what I’ve seen in 2019 SHP looks to be returning a lot with some young guns coming up in the program and without very many major losses. Delbarton had some major losses with Long and may have an off year next year, but you can’t ever sleep on Delb. Lakes loses the majority of its talent and we’ll definitely have a very tough road to repeating their TOC. Ridgewood will likely not be a top contender next year. Not too sure about Ridge and Summit. But imo it looks like next year could be a big year for SHP.
SHP is loaded (and overlooked in their stunning playoff loss is that they played without Stephenson for the last month of the season). Everyone know about the rising seniors, but the 2021s are strong as well, and their rising sophomore class might be the best in the country.

ML and Ridgewood indeed lose a lot, but I disagree that Delbarton has major losses. Yea they lose Long, but they return their next top four scorers, and you just know they'll have underclassmen ready to step into bigger roles. Summit should be in pretty good shape too, with a strong rising junior class.
Who’s special for SHP in the 2021 and 2022 classes. I saw the underclass command team had five SHP kids, but not sure which of them will have an impact besides Wrede who had an impact as a freshman.
random observer

Post by random observer »

njlax1234 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Who’s special for SHP in the 2021 and 2022 classes. I saw the underclass command team had five SHP kids, but not sure which of them will have an impact besides Wrede who had an impact as a freshman.
Wrede is the headliner, but all of those guys who made the team are really good. If you look at their freshman team, they blew out pretty much all competition. In the Don Bosco freshman tournament, they beat the Darien and Delbarton freshman teams by 10+ goals. The Darien freshman team in turn had dominant wins over both the Chaminade and St. Anthony's freshmen teams.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

random observer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm
njlax1234 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Wrede is the headliner, but all of those guys who made the team are really good. If you look at their freshman team, they blew out pretty much all competition. In the Don Bosco freshman tournament, they beat the Darien and Delbarton freshman teams by 10+ goals. The Darien freshman team in turn had dominant wins over both the Chaminade and St. Anthony's freshmen teams.
Yea the 2022 defense seems to be stacked with talent and the 22’s in general have a lot of depth. Unlike the 21’s who don’t have a lot of numbers, but have a couple promising offensive players in Dunleavy, Ferarro, Merklinger, and Moore who will may be able to make an impact next year. I think for SHP next year is really gonna be about the guys who we aren’t expecting to be impact players because everybody knows about the 20’s. Then again that could be said for any school.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Chatham had a strong showing at Jersey Strong. 3-0 with wins over Episcopal (PA), St. Augustine and West Morris. They too had a good junior/sophomore class. Will always be interesting in morris county with delby, lakes and chatham.
Blackdoglax

Post by Blackdoglax »

I think Chatham will be legit next year. Do not lose alot of seniors and bring back a ton of scoring....maybe 2020 is the year they win the Morris County Tournament.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

Crazy to think about SHP without Coach Giarusso. I know he’s a great guy and a fantastic coach. Anybody have any details on his firing?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”