New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
pcowlax

New England West-1 2019

Post by pcowlax »

If we want as many folks to come over form LP as possible, we will need the same popular threads. So jump on in Which Coast, CTbagatawy, G2G, 1797 and yes, even Beaver to bash Deerfield. Bring on the Rhinos, Martlets, Winged Beavers, Scarlet Knights, Wild Boars, Bearcats, Big Green Heritage, Pelicans, Bruins, Bears, Pride, Lions, and yes, for now, even Hoggers.
admin
Site Admin

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by admin »

And pcow, let me know if there's anything structurally, functionally, content-ly, etc., that would help to bring the New England Lacrosse folk over. Keep in mind, we don't need to be a mirror image of LaxPower. We can be whatever we'd like. That includes both within this forum and within the main website.

[Edited previous post. Changed the Deerfield Headline on homepage]

For example, go to the FanLax homepage. I posted a nothing about New England West. Just showing that we can post whatever on the website and then have a "Read More" link to a thread within the Forum. (Maybe, on my own, I'll just create links to good forum discussions. But... I'm open to ideas is my point.) Again, just an example.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Thanks again for building the ark. Hopefully we'll all be coming in two by two. I found it a bit difficult to find the forums from the menu as they are all the way at the bottom. Having the Deerfield tab at the top made it easy to get back to my happy place. Maybe a "click here for forums" ad at the top, similar to the Deerfield button, might make it easier for people making the transition. Once here, easy to bookmark and navigate.

Who is going to start with the traditional listing of the PG's and transfers?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

On a PC/Laptop the Forum is obvious. Same with a tablet. On a smartphone, the site gets minimized so some of the links drop off... and then it's harder to find the Forum link. Let me take a look. BRB. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Take a look now. I think it's better. You tell me.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

:D
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

"Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

b1w7o9y7h wrote:"Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"
The gang is getting back together, just a bit slowly. Welcome aboard.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Nice b1w! Now, if only we could get NickNasty in then happy days would be here again.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Anyone hear anything about a possible playoff?
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

It is not easy to find the Back-Up Stick right off the bat. I just stumbled upon it. To whomever is doing this, thanks!

Too bad lax power can't put a note on their homepage suggesting LP forum users might want to check out...this!

I didn't realize sites with massive amounts of eyeballs landing on them every day just went...POOF!!! Wild.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

NElaxtalent wrote:Anyone hear anything about a possible playoff?
That was part of the last few pages of discussion in the site formerly known as LaxPower. Evidently schedules have been changed allowing for a free weekend at the end of the season. Other rumors about a location, but not a format as far as I heard. Others will respond about not in our lifetime but call me a crazy optimist, I think they can pull it off.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Found it!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Welcome Topshelf, much of the NEW-1 crew has made it over here but still waiting for hopefully some more. As for the end of the year tourney, this white whale was rumored to finally be cresting back on LP with a possible design of 4 teams at Choate (yes Choate! for me as that is the closest to me). I have no insider info on this one but man it would be great and we might get to see DA and Wick play outside of their first game.
TotoketLax

Post by TotoketLax »

Does NE West 1 follow NCAA rules exactly or does the league apply modifications? Just wondering if the 80 sec shot clock and the Dive are coming to the league this year.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

TotoketLax wrote:Does NE West 1 follow NCAA rules exactly or does the league apply modifications? Just wondering if the 80 sec shot clock and the Dive are coming to the league this year.
The league follows the NCAA rules. Haven't seen a modification in the years I have been watching at least.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Wow!! I just saw what Bury has in this year. I haven't seen Bobby Wynne this giddy about a team at the Hilltop in a long time.
They lost a number of key seniors to graduation but this team looks like they are better and deeper at all positions.

Can the new faces gel & face off will be the biggest question marks for this team.
grelch

Post by grelch »

It's alive! Very nice to have found this place is still kicking.
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

Would love to hear way to early predictions on next Spring. Will it be a 3 horse race between Deerfield, Wick, and Bury? Or are there others that are going to jump in the mix?
grelch

Post by grelch »

Just saw a re-tweet from Brunswick that says they'll finally be facing Darien next spring. If that's regular season then that's a big deal for CT lacrosse public and prep.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”