Central PA 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
dislaxxic

Central PA 2019

Post by dislaxxic »

Manheim Township sits atop the heap. Can they repeat?

a LOT of improvement coming out of District 3 in general...it has become a VERY competitive district.

Any teams fixing to change their AAA/AA positions?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
hbglaxman

Re: Central PA 2019

Post by hbglaxman »

Hey dislaxxic, don't know if anyone is going to be able to knock off Township, they are a machine that just keeps grinding. I'd say that Wilson and Cumberland Valley will again be near the top of AAA.

I took a look at the PIAA website and there has been some movement with teams changing AA/AAA status. Southwestern, Palmyra, Ephrata and Muhlenburg all move up to AAA, Palmyra has been in the AA District Championship game the past 2 years, winning it in 2017, will they be able to compete with the top AAA teams when they get into District playoffs? They are a very good team and could make some noise in AAA and might be one of the 3 teams to make states.

24 teams in AAA and 27 in AA, 51 total boys lacrosse teams in Distrtict 3.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I think CV keeps hovering around the upper reaches of D3 MidPenn for awhile...the size of the school and the popularity of the sport attracts some pretty darned good athletes. Their youth program seems pretty solid as well...

That said, until they upgrade their non-conference schedule, i think they are pretty well doomed to stay an underdog in District and State play...Manheim and Hempfield did that (scheduled tough OOC teams) YEARS ago and it has done nothing but help improve the quality of their play when playoffs roll around.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

CV Alumni game the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Who's IN??

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

2019 Central PA Chapter Hall of Fame entrants revealed.

Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

With college lacrosse starting, and boys starting practice around here in a month, wanted to see what the thoughts are about District 3. Manheim has to be considered the preseason favorite coming off a remarkable year and state championship. But they lose an awful lot, including 3 all time greats in sallade, johnson, and diamond, and more from a packed 2018 senior class. Who is everyones preseason picks for each league and in districts?
hbglaxman

Post by hbglaxman »

Well we are a little over a week into the pre-season. No games yet, but I'm sure a few scrimmages have been played. It seems as the winter is now over and teams are outside and getting ready for the season.

It was interesting to see the coaches polls for the season.

As for AAA I think it is Township and then a big gap to #2, I know they lost a lot but they are a machine and still have a ton of talented players. Hempfield, Wilson, CV and Palmyra would be my next 4 and then the rest. Could Penn Manor take another step this season? I don't see any of the York teams competing with the top dogs.

In AA I think York Catholic has legit shot to contend for the District title, Trinity and Hershey are the top dogs for now, but don't sleep on YC.
hbglaxman

Post by hbglaxman »

Central PA lax fans this Friday #5 York College hosts #6 Cabrini in a D3 showdown of top 10 teams. 7:00pm under the lights at York, should be a great game and will give an indication of where these 2 teams stack up in the D3 landscape.
hbglaxman

Post by hbglaxman »

Question???

Where are teams posting their schedules? I've seen a few on Inside Lacrosse, but most are not there. Anyone know where they are?
LAXMAXBRO

Post by LAXMAXBRO »

Re Schedules try MaxPreps- but no guarantees on accuracy. I usually head to the schools website hoping they have the schedule.
LAXMAXBRO

Post by LAXMAXBRO »

Berks Catholic looked good vs Trinity this weekend. Big test on Monday vs Bishop Shanahan.
Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

LAXMAXBRO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:36 am Berks Catholic looked good vs Trinity this weekend. Big test on Monday vs Bishop Shanahan.
Waaaay too big
LAXMAXBRO

Post by LAXMAXBRO »

Yup.. 16-1 Shanahan is the REAL DEAL!
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Shanahan lost to WCEast 11-10 in OT. I guess that running up scores against teams like Boyertosn and Berks Catholic is not a great way to prepare for Chesmont league competition.
Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

Early in the season but I tend to agree with the AAA 717lacrosse rankings. Next week Hempfield plays at MT and this should tell a lot about these teams and the LL league. Cumberland Valley looks down. Wilson could still be a factor. Any York teams in the mix?
LAXMAXBRO

Post by LAXMAXBRO »

Where is the best place to find Central PA lacrosse scores?
Cumberlink is OK for West Shore but not complete, PennLive non existent for Harrisburg area, Lanc Online is local to LL league, same for York area -Just lookin for a Central PA data base?
Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

https://phillylacrosse.com/2019/fusionl ... maries-25/

Hope this is not a misprint! Manheim with a huge win against Conestoga 11-6. Holy mackerel. A dominating effort.

Anyone there to comment on the game???

They host Hempfield on Wednesday. Should be a great one.
Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

MT struggles but beats Hempfield 17-9

Sloppy play gonna catch up to them

Going to meet Hempfield again for sure
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Struggles" but beat MT by 8?? How, exactly, did they struggle?

Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:21 am "Struggles" but beat MT by 8?? How, exactly, did they struggle?

By this response, I know you were not there. A bit sloppy and up by a couple going into 4th quarter. They turned it up a bit in the 4th to pull away. And ‘struggled’ a little today against Palmyra winning 14-10. They have work to do honestly. Clears, slides, broken plays, and I hate this term but ‘lax IQ’. Don’t rush a shot when you’re up 4 or 5 against Conestoga.
They’ll be ok in league and probably districts. But they need to tweak some things to make another run in states.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”