Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

HS Boys Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

Post by pcowlax »

buhund wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am If anyone is interested, the Texas State Championship games are being played today and are streaming online.

The D2 (lower level) game is at 11am CST.
The D1 (upper level) game is at 1pm CST.

The games can be viewed at: streaming.thsll.org
How was Woodlands this year? They had been very ascended the past few years and looked ready to overtake the Dallas schools. I had a good friend I played with in college from St. Marks and heard a lot about their rivals so Texas High school ball has always interested me.
buhund

Post by buhund »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:22 pm
buhund wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am If anyone is interested, the Texas State Championship games are being played today and are streaming online.

How was Woodlands this year? They had been very ascended the past few years and looked ready to overtake the Dallas schools. I had a good friend I played with in college from St. Marks and heard a lot about their rivals so Texas High school ball has always interested me.
Woodlands lost to ESD in the round of 8
buhund

Post by buhund »

buhund wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:28 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Woodlands lost to ESD in the round of 8
This page has a link to the playoff brackets: https://thsll.org/championship
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Episcopal Dallas wins, 9-6.
Bdawg

Post by Bdawg »

Should be good one tomorrow Salisbury v Deerfield Academy (DA).....two old NE West 1 rivals playing for share of league title. Salisbury likely looking to avenge their loss to DA last year. While DA is on 13 game winning streak with recent key win over Avon Old Farms 9-3, they'll need to bring best to compete with undefeated Salisbury.
COMMISH

Post by COMMISH »

In the NCS playoffs in NorCal here are the semi-final match ups:

Granite Bay will face Marin Academy in the NCS D1 semi's at San Rafael HS on Tuesday, 5/14 @ 7:00 pm. This is the #2 seed in Granite Bay, whom I have not seen play, against an always solid and well coached MA team. Should be a great game.

The upstart De la Salle squad travels to Redwood HS in Larkspur to meet the Giants, 5/14 @ 5:00 pm. Should be a great afternoon of lacrosse. And if you're so inclined you could catch both games.

in the D2 bracket, Novato hosts Justin Sienna on 5/14 @ 5:30 pm
University HS of SF travels to Piedmont for their semi-final matchup at 5:00 pm.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HS BOYS: Lots of games today but none bigger than the two MIAA semifinal games: #3 Calvert Hall vs. #30 Loyola-Blakefield and #34 St. Mary's vs. #31 Boys Latin.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I guess that's a function of it being a Tuesday when most teams aren't playing, you wouldn't ordinarily expect a #3 vs. #30 game to be very interesting.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Keep in mind, there are just short of 4,000 HS teams in the nation. So both teams are in the top 1%. similarly, you hear that there are 29 teams ahead of you and you think, Wow, that sucks. And the you look at the actual teams, who they've beaten and lost to, and then... #30 in the nation doesn't seem so bad.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

ctbagataway wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm I guess that's a function of it being a Tuesday when most teams aren't playing, you wouldn't ordinarily expect a #3 vs. #30 game to be very interesting.
I feel like the MIAA A is a different animal though. CHC definitely stands apart from the rest, but everyone in that league knows each other so well that all of the games between the top 6-7 teams are pretty intriguing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Agreed. CHC should beat L-B handily (and I think they will) but stranger things have happened during the MIAA play-offs. It's a different animal because of the level of play and level of familiarity between the players, coaches, teams.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

You can say the same thing in any competitive league, intra-league matchups just mean more to the players involved and it shows on the field and in the upsets. LI county championships, WEST 1 regular season (there are no playoffs), these are all charged atmospheres, and the "better" teams have better bring their A games or they are going to lose.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

ctbagataway wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:51 pm You can say the same thing in any competitive league, intra-league matchups just mean more to the players involved and it shows on the field and in the upsets. LI county championships, WEST 1 regular season (there are no playoffs), these are all charged atmospheres, and the "better" teams have better bring their A games or they are going to lose.
Still think MIAA playoffs, especially the final, stand out from the crowd. It's on TV, a few thousand fans, and you could be playing against the kid from across the street. It's the closest this sport has to a "Friday Night Lights" atmosphere. Not saying the level of play is any better than Salisbury/Brunswick or Manhasset/Garden City, but you gotta give the MIAA its due.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think the only thing that compares is the LI County C'ships and the NY State C'ships. And even then, I'm not sure the same fervor applies. But I could be wrong as I've never seen a NY County or State Final (in person).
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 pm I think the only thing that compares is the LI County C'ships and the NY State C'ships. And even then, I'm not sure the same fervor applies. But I could be wrong as I've never seen a NY County or State Final (in person).
I couldn't imagine any folks from Charm City would come up to Long Island to watch our Public School Championships.And certainly not the NYS Championships. How many folks with requisite fervor show up at the Baltimore County Public Schools Championships? Do Baltimore Public schools have separate playoffs? Guess the MIAA is the ALPHA and OMEGA of High School Lacrosse.BTW are there any Public schools from Baltimore or Baltimore County in the MIAA?

The New York CHSAA (Catholic High School Athletic Association) holds a separate tournament.All participants are Private Schools.

I do applaud ADMIN for his admission."Diogenes,stop searching.Here is an honest man".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

via @tyxanders: There were 39 'teamers' on the Inside Lacrosse AA list. Where they came from:

10 - Maryland (7 MIAA)
6 - Long Island (5 public, 1 Catholic)
6 - Other areas of New York
5 - PA
4 - NJ
4 - West
2 - South
1 - Connecticut
1 - Canada
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pmare there any Public schools from Baltimore or Baltimore County in the MIAA?
The MIAA is a private school conference. With this said, don't underestimate the Baltimore Public Schools. Numerous good teams, numerous good players. Towson, Loyola, (and obviously others) seem to grab a lot of them and use them to build really good squads.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm via @tyxanders: There were 39 'teamers' on the Inside Lacrosse AA list. Where they came from:

10 - Maryland (7 MIAA)
6 - Long Island (5 public, 1 Catholic)
6 - Other areas of New York
5 - PA
4 - NJ
4 - West
2 - South
1 - Connecticut
1 - Canada
:?: :?: :?:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:10 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pmare there any Public schools from Baltimore or Baltimore County in the MIAA?
The MIAA is a private school conference. With this said, don't underestimate the Baltimore Public Schools. Numerous good teams, numerous good players.Towson, Loyola, (and obviously others) seem to grab a lot of them and use them to build really good squads.
I did not underestimate any team.Rather I was asking questions.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Two good matchups in NEW 1 today. Salisbury v Deerfield, and Taft v Avon Old Farms. Pretty sure I saw a tweet this morning that said Chaminade v St. Anthony's was on tap today as well. AAA Championship.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”