Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

HS Boys Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

Post by admin »

Some of Today's Interesting HS Boys Games - April 2.

#2 McDonogh @ #81 Loyola Blakefield (4-2)
#4 St. Pauls vs. #31 St Mary’s Annapolis (4-3)
#8 St. Anthony’s @ Manhasset (2-0)
#10 Delbarton vs. Montclair (0-0)
#14 Calvert Hall @ #102 John Carroll (4-3)
#24 Darien vs. Westhill (0-0)
#26 Gonzaga vs. #373 Bishop Ireton (3-3)
ctbagataway

Re: Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

Post by ctbagataway »

Anyone know if the St. A's/Set game will be streamed?
random observer

Post by random observer »

ctbagataway wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:56 am Anyone know if the St. A's/Set game will be streamed?
St. Anthony's uses local live, but their page shows the JV game on the streaming schedule, not the varsity. Hoping that's a typo, or an indication that the Varsity game will be streamed via some other means. No one seems to be talking about the Indians but they have a formidable squad with an offense that is clicking so far this year. They have a quality junior FOGO, and if he can split with Naso, they might be able to keep pace in a shootout. The matchup of Arnold on O'Neill should also be fun to watch (although as always, the most pressing question for a defense when facing St. Anthony's is not whether you have a guy who can keep up with O'Neill, it's whether you have a second guy who can deal with Bonomi whilst your defense is focused on O'Neill).

Also it's not mentioned on this thread, but I see on IL that Chaminade and Massapequa are scheduled to play today.
Chesedice

Post by Chesedice »

Darien vs Westhill may be the "least interesting" game of the day. Last year, Darien beat Westhill (2-13) by a score of 23-0.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chesedice, it's true. If it wasn't so early in the season and getting to see teams for the first/second time is interesting, it wouldn't be mentioned.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Manhasset with the ball up 9-8 with 35 seconds left lose 10-9. St Ants wins it at the buzzer
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

flyerfan17 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:20 pm Manhasset with the ball up 9-8 with 35 seconds left lose 10-9. St Ants wins it at the buzzer
wow...
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

flyerfan17 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:20 pm Manhasset with the ball up 9-8 with 35 seconds left lose 10-9. St Ants wins it at the buzzer
Were you there flyerfan? Any color on what happened?
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Was 4-2 St Ants at the half and Indians score 4 straight to start the 3rd. FO's pretty even throughout with maybe 1 or 2 won cleanly. 7-7 after 3. Friars took an 8-7 lead in the 4th before Manhasset scores 2 quick ones. Indians get an EMO with 1:35 left and content to just run the 30 secs off. Made a mistake IMO by getting it up top in a keep it in situation and lose the ball on a double with 35 seconds left. Friars heave it downfield and a Manhasset pole basically whiffs it on the first hop, goes right to O'neill who fires it in from 15 yards for his 5th of the game with 30 seconds left. FO battle lasts 25 seconds before Naso finally wins it and a TO by Friars. 5.7 left. McAdorey who can fly just runs by his man at midfield, down the right alley and beats Racanelli low for the win at 0:00. Great game. One the Indians probably should have won
bulax

Post by bulax »

In NJ:

#3 Seton Hall Prep beats #12 Westfield 10 - 5
#4 Ridgewood beats #15 Ramapo 16 - 1
#8 Summit 8 beats New Canaan (Conn) 8 - 7
#10 St Augustine beats #9 Lenape 7 - 4
Bergen Catholic takes down #14 Don Bosco Prep 7-6
#1 Delbarton beats Montclair 18 - 4
random observer

Called it on St. A's/Set. This is the first time in several years where both Manhasset and Garden City appear to have great squads at the same time. Looking forward to The Woodstick.

Good result for Summit against a New Canaan team that returned a lot. Glad to see them and Seton Hall Prep joining Delbarton in playing some strong out of state competition. Extremely disappointed that Mountain Lakes didn't follow suit -- this is their strongest squad in years, and maybe the best in the state, and they're not playing anyone of the caliber of St. A's, Chaminade, Darien, Malvern Prep, New Canaan, etc...
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

random observer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 pm Called it on St. A's/Set. This is the first time in several years where both Manhasset and Garden City appear to have great squads at the same time. Looking forward to The Woodstick.

Good result for Summit against a New Canaan team that returned a lot. Glad to see them and Seton Hall Prep joining Delbarton in playing some strong out of state competition. Extremely disappointed that Mountain Lakes didn't follow suit -- this is their strongest squad in years, and maybe the best in the state, and they're not playing anyone of the caliber of St. A's, Chaminade, Darien, Malvern Prep, New Canaan, etc...
You were right. I think people are talking about the Indians but they just don't know where to go to talk about them. Of all the players on the field last night I might have been most impressed by Manhasset ssdm Tortora. A clearing machine with the size and physicality to handle anybody on the defensive end. Woodstock should be a great game, both of them
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Racanelli made some terrific saves against St.A's (13 or 14 by my count). Stuffed some high shots but he wasn't tested low. Edward Arnold a terrific defenseman heading to PENN,was run over by O'Neill when the big O scored his 1st goal. Tough for any H.S. d'man to try to guard Brennan without lot of help. Number 7 for the Wizzers is fast as hell.A back and forth contest between 2 great teams.

Cablevision/Optimum/Altice subscribers can watch Chaminade vs. St.A's,round one,live on MSG Varsity.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If I am not mistaken, today is the day for St. Anthony's and Chaminade. Man, I wish I was there! I can't stream it because my satellite company (Dish) is not on News12 Long Island's preferred vendors. If anyone on this board attends, let us know the rhythms of the game afterwards! Thanks.
random observer

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm If I am not mistaken, today is the day for St. Anthony's and Chaminade. Man, I wish I was there! I can't stream it because my satellite company (Dish) is not on News12 Long Island's preferred vendors. If anyone on this board attends, let us know the rhythms of the game afterwards! Thanks.
Looks like it will also be on Facebook Live.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

random observer wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm If I am not mistaken, today is the day for St. Anthony's and Chaminade. Man, I wish I was there! I can't stream it because my satellite company (Dish) is not on News12 Long Island's preferred vendors. If anyone on this board attends, let us know the rhythms of the game afterwards! Thanks.
Looks like it will also be on Facebook Live.
Random: if you are still on here, which Facebook page? I can't find anything....SOS!!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Take that back...I found it! Thanks!
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

7-4 Cham at the half. Tough to be a goalie on the east end of the field today
random observer

Chaminade goalie is locked in. St. Anthony's getting all sorts of looks but can't hit the back of the net.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

8-5 after 3. can't see Friars scoring 9 and if they do can't see Flyers not scoring in the 4th

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”