HS Boys National and Regional Rankings

HS Boys Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: HS Boys National and Regional Rankings

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am Yet another H.S. Ranking SWAG.After,all beauty is in the eye of the beholder or the location of the "ranker".

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-scho ... nal-top-25
Please no more emails and texts.Let me try to spell it out as best I can. Missing from the uslaxmagazine rankings is a team that beat the #9 ranked team,the #15 ranked team and lost by 1 goal to the #8 ranked team.That team wasn't even included in the "also considered" list.This is a public school that is not located in Indiana,Georgia or Baltimore County.

This uslaxmagazine web site is proprietary. As such the "ranker" has the right to rank H.S. teams using whatever objective or subjective or geographical criteria they so choose.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm HS Boys: May 10th and... National and Regional Rankings updated.
Putting together these rankings is more difficult that striking a match on a wet bar of soap.I sure as hell couldn't do it.I applaud you for your efforts.I was at the GEICO HS Lacrosse showcase.SHP lost to WM 10-3.Ergo,their winning % can't be 100.

Not a criticism but an affirmation that what you do is well nigh impossible.My respect and admiration.
Bdawg

Post by Bdawg »

An undervalued Deerfield Academy team had rock solid win over Avon Old Farms yesterday (9-3) to keep their 13 game winning streak alive in NE West 1 Conf. They play Salisbury (Ct) Wed for share of Conf title. After early season loss to Brunswick Coach Chip Davis may have his squad peaking at right time. Deerfield pulled off this win last year and gonna take Best effort of year to do again. Keep an eye out for this one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:08 pm ... a team that beat the #9 ranked team,the #15 ranked team and lost by 1 goal to the #8 ranked team.That team wasn't even included in the "also considered" list...
Pre-this weekend's games, we have Garden City at #7...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:38 pmSHP lost to WM 10-3.Ergo,their winning % can't be 100.
Only difficult/impossible because not enough people tell us when we're missing a team. So... Thank you. We'll amend it.

as a semi-aside, next season will be better.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:08 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am Yet another H.S. Ranking SWAG.After,all beauty is in the eye of the beholder or the location of the "ranker".

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-scho ... nal-top-25
Please no more emails and texts.Let me try to spell it out as best I can. Missing from the uslaxmagazine rankings is a team that beat the #9 ranked team,the #15 ranked team and lost by 1 goal to the #8 ranked team.That team wasn't even included in the "also considered" list.This is a public school that is not located in Indiana,Georgia or Baltimore County.

This uslaxmagazine web site is proprietary. As such the "ranker" has the right to rank H.S. teams using whatever objective or subjective or geographical criteria they so choose.
More confusion....am I missing something.Garden City is ranked # 4 in the Northeast yet doesn't make the top 30. :o :shock: :? What precisely is uslaxmagazine and who's in charge?

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/ran ... /northeast
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HS BOYS: Delbarton (NJ) beat #1 Chaminade (NY), Salisbury (CT) beat Brunswick (CT), the #4 and #6 Biggest Wins thus far this season, Boys Latin (MD) beat McDonogh (MD), and... Computer Rankings updated.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HS BOYS: Lots of games today but none bigger than the two MIAA semifinal games: #3 Calvert Hall vs. #30 Loyola-Blakefield and #34 St. Mary's vs. #31 Boys Latin.

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/14/201 ... gs-may-14/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yesterday, St. Mary (MD) beat Boys Latin (MD) and Calvert Hall (MD) beat Loyola-Blakefield (MD) and, consequently, Culver (IN) and Haverford (PA) who have both teams as Best Wins fell some in the rankings.
http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/15/201 ... gs-may-15/
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Laxfan's #1 ranked team played the #4 ranked team this past Wednesday...I guess?
grelch

Post by grelch »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 am Laxfan's #1 ranked team played the #4 ranked team this past Wednesday...I guess?
And #4 won, and has 1 less loss. Shouldn't they swap spots?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

grelch wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 am
wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 am Laxfan's #1 ranked team played the #4 ranked team this past Wednesday...I guess?
Not my call.I have no vote as far as the rankings go.But I admit I was surprised Fanlax didn't bother to mention the scores of that game.Guess they were to busy posting scores from California,New England Prep schools and of course, scores of some of the MIAA teams.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

grelch wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 amAnd #4 won, and has 1 less loss. Shouldn't they swap spots?
Not necessarily. Keep n mind, this is one game. And, previously, I believe Chaminade beat St. Anthonys. Either way, working on adding a bunch of missing HS teams (hundreds), missing HS games (thousands), and then we'll post the updated rankings. I'm very curious what the new rankings will look like... :)
CTlaxer12

Post by CTlaxer12 »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Not my call.I have no vote as far as the rankings go.But I admit I was surprised Fanlax didn't bother to mention the scores of that game.Guess they were to busy posting scores from California,New England Prep schools and of course, scores of some of the MIAA teams.
Thanks to the advent of streaming services, which many of these high school programs employ, I was able to catch a lot of great HS lacrosse this year. I have to say, I was very surprised about the lack of chatter about that game both on here and IL, outside of a cursory highlight clip by the staff at IL. Perhaps the IL HS correspondent was preoccupied by writing his 90th article this year about the MIAA :lol: :lol: (I kid, I kid). In all seriousness, this was the best HS game I saw all year, in terms of intensity, team strategy, and overall skill- it was simply a different level of play. If I had covered the names on the screen, I would have thought I was watching a D1 final four match-up. I'm looking forward to catching the MIAA championship tonight and the NY publics in the coming weeks.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

There is a pretty good reason that the St. A's vs Chaminade game looked like a D1 game. Chaminade has 17 guys committed to D1 schools and St. Anthony's has 13. And the schools are not too shabby. That doesn't include the sophomores who played and have yet to commit.

St. Anthony's:
Class of '19
Jake Bonami, A, Michigan
Connor O'Reilly, D, Georgetown
Greg Campisi, LSM, Harvard
Matt Cannon, FO, Marquette
Danny Parker, M, Virginia
Class of '20
Brennan O'Neill, A, Duke
Aiden Danenza, M, Duke
Jaden Jernigan, D, Navy
Jake Naso, FO, Virginia
Jack Walshe, M, Virginia
Robert McGee, M, Penn State
Dylan D'Agastino, D, Army

Chaminade:
Class of '19
Tommy Rogan, A, Dartmouth
Kevin Pimenthal, A, Michigan
Andrew Janet, D, Furman
Tyler Sandoval, FO, Princeton
Liam Entenmann, G, Notre Dame
Roy Meyer, LSM, Boston University
Reilly Gray, M, Notre Dame
Kevin Lynch, M, Notre Dame
Class of '20
Matthew Major, A, Holy Cross
Kevin Kuttin, A, Yale
Robbie Booth, D, Navy
Brendan McCabe, D, Michigan
James Ball, FO, Yale
Mike Guirierre, LSM, High Point
Michael McConnell, M, Maryland
Johnny Devino, M, Army
Michael Lynch, M, Notre Dame
grelch

Post by grelch »

CTlaxer12 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Thanks to the advent of streaming services, which many of these high school programs employ, I was able to catch a lot of great HS lacrosse this year. I have to say, I was very surprised about the lack of chatter about that game both on here and IL, outside of a cursory highlight clip by the staff at IL. Perhaps the IL HS correspondent was preoccupied by writing his 90th article this year about the MIAA :lol: :lol: (I kid, I kid). In all seriousness, this was the best HS game I saw all year, in terms of intensity, team strategy, and overall skill- it was simply a different level of play. If I had covered the names on the screen, I would have thought I was watching a D1 final four match-up. I'm looking forward to catching the MIAA championship tonight and the NY publics in the coming weeks.
I agree. I've seen both games vs Chaminade, the Darien game and the Haverford game, and all of them have been outstanding.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CTlaxer12 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pmIn all seriousness, this was the best HS game I saw all year, in terms of intensity, team strategy, and overall skill- it was simply a different level of play. If I had covered the names on the screen, I would have thought I was watching a D1 final four match-up.
Added the missing teams, missing games, and, CTlax, you'd never guess who the computer says is #1 and #2 in the nation... :) ... http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/17/201 ... gs-may-17/
grelch

Post by grelch »

Would be something to see that top 8 play off.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

St Anthonys NY (NY) vs. Manhasset (NY) who plays the winner of Culver v. Chaminade.
Salisbury School CT (CT) vs. Garden City plays the winner of Calvert Hall vs. Hill Academy.

Need to win 3 games to be the champ and every game would be a toss-up.
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

I am not saying who should be ranked #1. But I am pretty sure which team is playing
The best lax in the country in May. Has anyone seen the New 1 teams, Culver , Hill and CHC in person this May. Because one of those is the best HS team I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of great teams on LI, New 1 NJ Phil. and MIAA teams.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”