New York Section III

HS Boys Lacrosse
Fast Break

New York Section III

Post by Fast Break »

The new season begins this week for Section III Lacrosse...Can't wait!
LaxFL

Re: New York Section III

Post by LaxFL »

Marcellus over Penn Yan 4-3 in OT
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Last post on March 30 on this year? Isn't West Genesse in Section III?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm Last post on March 30 on this year? Isn't West Genesse in Section III?
Yes. So are Baldwinsville, Jamesville-Dewitt, and Westhill..............
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

oldbartman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:06 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm Last post on March 30 on this year? Isn't West Genesse in Section III?
Surprised at the dearth of posts on the Section III thread.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 am
oldbartman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:06 pm
Surprised at the dearth of posts on the Section III thread.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Now that my college lax travel has come to a close, I have had a chance to see some Section 3 action. In general, it think that Section 3 lacks the depth of competition compared to past years, as well as, a couple re-classifications in 2019. So, opposed to letting the Crickets do the talking, here are my limited Section 3 insights...

Class A is not deep. Baldwinsville is the favorite but had a couple missteps due to inconsistency early in the season. They have since run the table, but few real tests. West Genny, in the Post-Messere era, has struggled to form any sort of identity (6 Losses on the Season). Fayetteville Manlius moved to Class B in 2019. Barring a true upset, I do not see anyone beside B-Ville for the Section 3 A- Championship.

Class B is led by Fayetteville Manlius and East Syracuse Minoa, who also conclude their season against one another tonight. Other possible dark horse would be Watertown HS, but they are essentially untested with 4 losses on the season. FM has Coaching, Athleticism and Talent. ESM has a few solid players and team plays with Grit and determination. Nod goes to FM for Class B.

Class C has a solid group in Section 3 with Jamesville Dewitt, CBA Syracuse, and Westhill. There is a fairly significant drop off after these teams. CBA was reclassified to C in 2019, and played 16 different opponents...predominately Class D opponents with several relatively good OOC games which accounted for only 2 losses on the season. J-D was forced, once again, to play a mandatory home and home Section 3 league schedule. JD was 12-0 in these match-ups and outscored these opponents 222 to 55. JD went 3-1 in their non League games...beat West Genny, Fayetteville-Manlius, and Victor...Lost to Fairport in OT after giving up a 3 goal lead in the final 2:37 minutes of regulation. CBA vs JD in Section 3 Finals is my expectation and should be a good game. JD should come out with another Section 3 Championship...Hard to tell how good they are, but should go deep in States from the West.

Class D, for the past several years, has been the deepest and most competitive in Section 3. Although competitive, in general 2019 is a down year for the D's. With CBA moving to C's...Skaneateles, Marcellus, Lafayette, and General Brown are the top tier of the D's. Skaneateles seems to be the most skilled and tested. Though, there are to many rivalries to be certain, Skaneateles should come out on top for the Class D title.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Fast Break wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 pm Now that my college lax travel has come to a close, I have had a chance to see some Section 3 action. In general, it think that Section 3 lacks the depth of competition compared to past years, as well as, a couple re-classifications in 2019. So, opposed to letting the Crickets do the talking, here are my limited Section 3 insights...

Class A is not deep. Baldwinsville is the favorite but had a couple missteps due to inconsistency early in the season. They have since run the table, but few real tests. West Genny, in the Post-Messere era, has struggled to form any sort of identity (6 Losses on the Season). Fayetteville Manlius moved to Class B in 2019. Barring a true upset, I do not see anyone beside B-Ville for the Section 3 A- Championship.

Class B is led by Fayetteville Manlius and East Syracuse Minoa, who also conclude their season against one another tonight. Other possible dark horse would be Watertown HS, but they are essentially untested with 4 losses on the season. FM has Coaching, Athleticism and Talent. ESM has a few solid players and team plays with Grit and determination. Nod goes to FM for Class B.

Class C has a solid group in Section 3 with Jamesville Dewitt, CBA Syracuse, and Westhill. There is a fairly significant drop off after these teams. CBA was reclassified to C in 2019, and played 16 different opponents...predominately Class D opponents with several relatively good OOC games which accounted for only 2 losses on the season. J-D was forced, once again, to play a mandatory home and home Section 3 league schedule. JD was 12-0 in these match-ups and outscored these opponents 222 to 55. JD went 3-1 in their non League games...beat West Genny, Fayetteville-Manlius, and Victor...Lost to Fairport in OT after giving up a 3 goal lead in the final 2:37 minutes of regulation. CBA vs JD in Section 3 Finals is my expectation and should be a good game. JD should come out with another Section 3 Championship...Hard to tell how good they are, but should go deep in States from the West.

Class D, for the past several years, has been the deepest and most competitive in Section 3. Although competitive, in general 2019 is a down year for the D's. With CBA moving to C's...Skaneateles, Marcellus, Lafayette, and General Brown are the top tier of the D's. Skaneateles seems to be the most skilled and tested. Though, there are to many rivalries to be certain, Skaneateles should come out on top for the Class D title.
Appears that East Syracuse Minoa and Watertown HS were reclassified to Class C based on bed numbers. So Class C gets more crowded. Anticipate same outcome as above...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I was examining the state rankings this morning and was surprised to see FM in Class B. That will certainly make the Upstate Class B finals more competitive.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Fast Break wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 pm Class C has a solid group in Section 3 with Jamesville Dewitt, CBA Syracuse, and Westhill. There is a fairly significant drop off after these teams. CBA was reclassified to C in 2019, and played 16 different opponents...predominately Class D opponents with several relatively good OOC games which accounted for only 2 losses on the season. J-D was forced, once again, to play a mandatory home and home Section 3 league schedule. JD was 12-0 in these match-ups and outscored these opponents 222 to 55. JD went 3-1 in their non League games...beat West Genny, Fayetteville-Manlius, and Victor...Lost to Fairport in OT after giving up a 3 goal lead in the final 2:37 minutes of regulation. CBA vs JD in Section 3 Finals is my expectation and should be a good game. JD should come out with another Section 3 Championship...Hard to tell how good they are, but should go deep in States from the West.
Whichever team comes out of Sect 3 C will face only minor speed bumps (Sect 4/5/6 teams) on their way to the State Championship game. Sect 4 C will offer a sacrificial lamb in the regional game. Geneva or Wayne will outclass the Buffalo rep in the other but won't be able to hang with the Syracuse rep. I agree with you on JD but the fiercest competition they'll face will be in their back yard, not from other Upstate sections.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 pm
Fast Break wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 pm Class C has a solid group in Section 3 with Jamesville Dewitt, CBA Syracuse, and Westhill. There is a fairly significant drop off after these teams. CBA was reclassified to C in 2019, and played 16 different opponents...predominately Class D opponents with several relatively good OOC games which accounted for only 2 losses on the season. J-D was forced, once again, to play a mandatory home and home Section 3 league schedule. JD was 12-0 in these match-ups and outscored these opponents 222 to 55. JD went 3-1 in their non League games...beat West Genny, Fayetteville-Manlius, and Victor...Lost to Fairport in OT after giving up a 3 goal lead in the final 2:37 minutes of regulation. CBA vs JD in Section 3 Finals is my expectation and should be a good game. JD should come out with another Section 3 Championship...Hard to tell how good they are, but should go deep in States from the West.
Whichever team comes out of Sect 3 C will face only minor speed bumps (Sect 4/5/6 teams) on their way to the State Championship game. Sect 4 C will offer a sacrificial lamb in the regional game. Geneva or Wayne will outclass the Buffalo rep in the other but won't be able to hang with the Syracuse rep. I agree with you on JD but the fiercest competition they'll face will be in their back yard, not from other Upstate sections.
I have not seen any of the 4/5/6 C Teams, but I am not sure that they will pose too much of a problem for the winner of Section 3. Learned that CBA's class status is reviewed every two years. Since they won the 2017 Class D State Championship, section 3 voted to move them up a class. Westhill has a good team and took JD out last year in the Section 3 finals. The long standing rivalries between JD and CBA/ESM make potential match ups interesting and likely the survivor will find their way to the State Championship game. Section 3 tournament seeding will be set tonight.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Section 3 - Boy's Lacrosse Tournament Brackets have been set...

Class A: #1 Baldwinsville, #2 West Genesee....7 Teams
Class B: #1 Fayetteville-Manlius, #2 Auburn...5 Teams
Class C: #1 Jamesville-Dewitt, #2 CBA...9 Teams
Class D: #1 Skaneateles, #2 General Brown...9 Teams

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.com/bo ... urnaments/
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Section 3 - Final Match Ups are set for Friday 5/24. Not many Surprises other than Class D

Class A: (1) Baldwinsville vs (2) West Genesee...I do not expect WG to pull a rabbit out of the hat this year.
Class B: (1) Fayetteville-Manlius vs (2) Auburn...All of the B games this year should be less than competitive.
Class C: (1) Jamesville-Dewitt vs (2) CBA...This one should be a good one...Huge rivalry between two schools located in the same town.
Class D: (3) Marcellus vs (4) Lafayette...Not sure anyone anticipated Skaneateles being eliminated. Lancers are tough!

Baldwinsville by 7
Fayetteville Manlius by 8
Jamesville-Dewitt by 2
Lafayette by 2
Last edited by Fast Break on Fri May 24, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Fast Break wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:33 pm Section 3 - Final Match Ups are set for Friday 5/24. Not many Surprises other than Class D

Class D: (3) Marcellus vs (4) Lafayette...Not sure anyone anticipated Skaneateles being eliminated. Lancers are tough!
Syracuse.com box score had the Lafayette GK with 21 saves in win over Skan. His saves pct was an unconscious .750! :!: :!: :!:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

There's something going on in Lafayette again!

They absolutely clobbered Marcellus 16-1 in the Class D finals! (That is not a misprint)
Earlier in the season Marcellus handed the Lancers an 11-10 loss.

Last time Lafayette won the sectionals (2009) they were undefeated, went to the State title game (lost), and had two brothers named Thompson on the roster. That Greeley guy was pretty good too.

https://cnycentral.com/sports/high-scho ... s-lacrosse
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Just how strong is this Baldwinsville team?

Is WG down this year or is it both? 18-6!

Anyone know this B'ville team well?...if so, please share the info...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

tech37 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 am Just how strong is this Baldwinsville team?

They wrecked 15-1 Corning today so I guess they're pretty strong!!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Nigel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:49 am
tech37 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 am Just how strong is this Baldwinsville team?

They wrecked 15-1 Corning today so I guess they're pretty strong!!!
did lafayette play today?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Lafayette won 14-12 over Chenango Forks. They face proverbial Section V power Penn Yan on Wednesday. Hoping Lafayette can get the W.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”