Lacrosse Analytics

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxreference

Re: Lacrosse Analytics

Post by laxreference »

Updated list of Live Win Probability Links

- Penn vs Yale
- Penn State vs Loyola
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

It's interesting when you do the weekly statistical list for the NCAA tournament because you have these tense games, which tends to depress production But then, you also have the "best" 8 teams on the field. Throw in the shot clock and who knows what sort of statistical profiles you would see. Turns out: fireworks.

Anyway, here is the top individual statistical performances (NCAA Quarterfinals Edition).

And here is the infographic that shows the top-20:

PlayerGame_visualization(20190520).png
PlayerGame_visualization(20190520).png (54.22 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Do you have this cumulatively for the year? At least for maybe the top 10 players?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

laxreference wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm It's interesting when you do the weekly statistical list for the NCAA tournament because you have these tense games, which tends to depress production But then, you also have the "best" 8 teams on the field. Throw in the shot clock and who knows what sort of statistical profiles you would see. Turns out: fireworks.

Anyway, here is the top individual statistical performances (NCAA Quarterfinals Edition).

NO NICK SPILLANE?
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

DALaxDad wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm Do you have this cumulatively for the year? At least for maybe the top 10 players?
Here you go. There is also a link to the offensive vs defensive vs FOGO-only list.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 pm
laxreference wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm It's interesting when you do the weekly statistical list for the NCAA tournament because you have these tense games, which tends to depress production But then, you also have the "best" 8 teams on the field. Throw in the shot clock and who knows what sort of statistical profiles you would see. Turns out: fireworks.

NO NICK SPILLANE?
I know you have no way to verify this, so you'll just have to trust me. He was .01 EGA behind Bernhardt for the last slot. He ended with 3.43 EGA. I'll say he was #20A
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

laxreference wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 pm

NO NICK SPILLANE?
I know you have no way to verify this, so you'll just have to trust me. He was .01 EGA behind Bernhardt for the last slot. He ended with 3.43 EGA. I'll say he was #20A
Now that's what I call precision.Believe me I trust you.Thank you good sir.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Got your statistical preview for both of today's games.

And of course, these links will shift over to the win probabilities once the game starts.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

- Duke vs Virginia
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

- Penn State vs Yale
- Duke vs Virginia
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

What a day. I put together a stats-based recap for both of the games yesterday:

UVA/Duke
Penn State/Yale
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here is the stats-based preview for today's title game.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

- Virginia vs Yale
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

I went back through all the 2019 games to see what the final effects of the shot clock were on shots, goals, and possessions.

The net result is that efficiency was down a bit, but shots were way up and as a result, goals went up by about 2 per game.

Interesting to see how the expectations played out against reality as teams got comfortable with the new system.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”