PENN STATE 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: PENN STATE 2019

Post by Wheels »

thetruth wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:11 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:04 pm
thetruth wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:00 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:55 pm What team has an athletic yet physical enough defenseman to make Ament's life a little more difficult? Maybe Fake on Yale?
That’s funny. Ament destroyed him when they played last.
I know but Yale won. The point being that you need someone who can get physical with him and try to match his feet just to disrupt things. Ament's also a competitive guy. He can get chippy when teams get physical with him. You saw it a bit in the Maryland game in the 4th quarter. Sabia would be a great match up against him. The intra-squad scrimmages must be pretty good!
Yale doesn’t have a defenseman who would start for Duke. So I’d look to Duke before Yale for a defenseman that could grind at PSU.
Could be. Then again, they'd be on defense so much because PSU would dominate the FOGO.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:40 pm Congrats to Penn State.
Final Four :!: :!:
Congrats also to some old time alum.
Steve Kranzley, Randy Voight, Glenn Thiel, Gary Martin, Walt Beuchele, Austin Kaut, Chris Hogan, the Forster brothers, JJ Elmer, Jordan Weiss.
Finally :!: :!:
Too bad we’re not getting a lot of hits here on this thread from alum, but State alum tend to be like that, I’m sure though they are privately celebrating all the milestones from this season.

Some additional call outs to PSU lacrosse alum.
The 2009 State team, Thiel’s last good one, some real solid players on that team. Chris Hogan, Ronnie Forster’s kids Rob and Jack, a terrific goalie Drew Adams, Paul Garrity’s kid Alex Garrity.

The program really hit the skids though they had good players, Thiel retired, then Tambroni was hired. The move to the B1G for lacrosse.
Here we are a decade later and PSU gets the monkey off their back, the top seed, two wins, a Final Four.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

This is uncharted territory for State, of course.
This team offense, Tambroni made a quick study of this year’s changes on offense, took advantage better than any other team.
But really, PSU is playing with house money.
If they do real well in the semi’s but don’t quite pull it off, that would still be a precedent for this team.
I really have no idea who is going to win.
Just hoping for a great game and a great crowd.
And of course, this is a homecoming for several PSU players.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Chris Hogan when he was playing lacrosse at PSU.
HoganLax
HoganLax
C2EB872A-2455-439C-912E-1B7AEC914A91.jpeg (232.83 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

10stone5 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:48 pm This is uncharted territory for State, of course.
This team offense, Tambroni made a quick study of this year’s changes on offense, took advantage better than any other team.
But really, PSU is playing with house money.
If they do real well in the semi’s but don’t quite pull it off, to that would still be a precedent for this team.
I really have no idea who is going to win.
Just hoping for a great game and a great crowd.
And of course, this is a homecoming for several PSU players.
To be fair, it's the fourth time for Coach Tambroni.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

It should be interesting to see what Tambroni tries tomorrow in order to reduce the face-off deficit the Nittany Lions experienced in New Haven. I'd think he'd play wings who have the best chances of causing TD turnovers, plus maybe try a variety of FOGOs.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Commenting on USILA awards.
Grant Ament becomes only the second PSU players to win a major USILA award.
Austin Kaut won goaltender of the year a few years back.

Also, two 1st team All American, Sabia and Ament, that likely has never happened.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Congratulations on a great season and hats off to your fans — they showed up in Philly and were loud, passionate, and totally positive towards their team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”