Northeast Conference

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Bartman

Re: Northeast Conference

Post by Bartman »

For tomorrow:

Hobart 14- Sacred Heart -12 Holden, Aslainian, Knox , Archer and Scott let it fly all game while Pioneers counter punch to the end

MSM 10 - RMU 9 (OT) MSM defense holds off intense offensive pressure from RMU and moves on with a Man Up goal in OT
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

ESPN 3 also streaming all the NEC Tournament games.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ESPN 3 - great :!:

So I can just catch these on X-finity, presumably.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

NEC semifinal lines on 5Dimes

RMU -1.5 (+100)
@MSM +1.5 (-140)
Money line: RMU -150, MSM +110
(^ not a typo)
O/U: 24.5

SHU: +1.5 (-160)
Hobart: -1.5 (+120)
Money line: SHU +105, Hobart -145
O/U: 27.5
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Two very entertaining games as RMU and Hobart move on. RMU is a fourth quarter / OT force while Hobart is a three quarters super power. Whatever the back and forth tomorrow, it should be close at the end.Good luck to both squads.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Great action last night. Bummer for the Mount, I was hoping to see a bit more from them in May.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:32 am Great action last night. Bummer for the Mount, I was hoping to see a bit more from them in May.
Diasappointing, as a host you always want to be in the final, but a very good season for the Mount as NEC regular season champs, just ran up against a hot RMU squad. Total respect for Coach Gravante as COY and his entire team.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

We’ve been shut out in the fourth quarter twice in a row now. Syracuse did it to us too.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bartman wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:53 pm For tomorrow:

Hobart 14- Sacred Heart -12 Holden, Aslainian, Knox , Archer and Scott let it fly all game while Pioneers counter punch to the end

MSM 10 - RMU 9 (OT) MSM defense holds off intense offensive pressure from RMU and moves on with a Man Up goal in OT
Wow.
Good calls.
It could just as well have been MSM in OT.

Just want to point out, again, how good those Sacred Heart players really are. Saggese and Tuttle are All Americans, and you saw in the 4th quarter how good Tuttle really is, he’s a one man wrecking crew.

Just points out the difference.
How much of a total team play, overall all areas, the advantage Hobart clearly has over the other NEC teams.
RMU is good, but they’re going to have to play out of their minds.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:35 pm [quote=Bartman post_id=46983 time=<a href="tel:1556751219">1556751219</a> user_id=1204]
For tomorrow:

Wow.
Good calls.
It could just as well have been MSM in OT.

Just want to point out, again, how good those Sacred Heart players really are. Saggese and Tuttle are All Americans, and you saw in the 4th quarter how good Tuttle really is, he’s a one man wrecking crew.

Just points out the difference.
How much of a total team play, overall all areas, the advantage Hobart clearly has over the other NEC teams.
RMU is good, but they’re going to have to play out of their minds.
[/quote]

Uggh, May I kindly request to edit your post to say “RMU is way talented and better than Hobart and that we should be lucky to sniff their jockstraps”? That would be better to put on the street before the game IMO.

(Though I would note we’ve been without o best close d man the last month and it’s clear weve seriously overworked our FOGO where if. Could’ve saved him 25-50 draws his year I think you would see him doing like he di the first 2/3 of the season despite our wings not helping mun - the dude has 167gbs (2nd in nation total, 3rd in GB/gm which is mikes above Cole)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

For tomorrow:

Hobart 18 RMU 17 in OT as Archer backs into the goal and scores the winner with an RMU defender literally on his back as neither team has more than a 2 goal advantage all game and Hobart never gets to play "slow down" since they thankfully never have a large lead. :D
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:56 pm
Uggh, May I kindly request to edit your post to say “RMU is way talented and better than Hobart and that we should be lucky to sniff their jockstraps”? That would be better to put on the street before the game IMO.
NP

^^^ This :!: :!: :!:
8-)
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Bartman wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:46 pm For tomorrow:

Hobart 18 RMU 17 in OT as Archer backs into the goal and scores the winner with an RMU defender literally on his back as neither team has more than a 2 goal advantage all game and Hobart never gets to play "slow down" since they thankfully never have a large lead. :D
Disagree as this will be a game of multiple goal runs the way it was last game. Hope the team learned from last week's miscues. Especially in Q4 RMU players always have the green light and our D has to remember that all game long. For some reason it looked like our D thought they would get a chance to set up. That cost us.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

RMU gets one of the top Defenders from JUCO, Harford's Shaun Vines.
Vines is a long, smart, rangy defender, that's a GB vacuum.
He was the top cover guy for John Carroll in the MIAA. Awesome get for RoMo.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Conference is scooping up juco long sticks. We brought in a kid from onondaga last year, PJ Delpha,who was a 2x DPOY for juco and he stepped in and had a nice year starting for us w 16gbs, 13Cts
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I am turning into the number one non-alumni NEC fan, expect five competitive teams next year - 8-9 months is too long to wait :!:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think the model some Hobart fans see is late 90s to
Mid 2000s Patriot League. Navy came in 2004 and got Bart kicked out after that year which had three playoff participants (Navy, Army & Hobart, Navy was natl runner up in one of the more exciting championship games I’ve seen), but prior you had solid Bucknell, Army & hobart programs winning the AQ and top, Colgate and Lehigh were half the programs they are now and HC is better now, but we had one, maybe two teams that looked like they ought be top 12-20 each year. Bringing up the middle, which I’d classify as SHU, MSM and/or Wagner/Merrimack and ideally continued performance by Bryant/SJU/RMU/Hobart will make everyone better and improve the overall strength. Note the top 4 have all won the AW except SJU who’s won a few reg season titles and yet all have had one bad year in the last five (see Bryant this year and Bart last year).

Now the PL also brought in a program peaking Loyola along with the improvements in the middle but that looks like how his conference can grow.

MSM just picked up a kid formerly committed to hibart from Washington state, Carter Warm. We just got Troy barthelme who flipped from AFA down in Baltimore and only graduate one of to 7 scorers and have two returning kids who sat out a year that were HS AAs (Quinten birch from co & Max Pinillis from Randolph, NJ both of shone are expected to be significant contributors next year as well) so could be a win win for all
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”