Ivy League 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
CU77

Re: Ivy League 2019

Post by CU77 »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:42 pmCU77, I just checked out your SI vault links. Good stuff! I love a good history lesson. I'll have to see if I can find any more lacrosse stuff on their site.
Here's one you might like a little more:
https://www.si.com/vault/1978/06/05/822 ... sse-champs
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Well done Quakers.

Next, turn your attention and focus to Harvard, and only Harvard.

No let up, no mercy.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Unusually for the Ivy, all the favorites won, and rather easily at that. Penn and Yale probably cemented ILT spots, Cornell and Brown could make it a repeat of last year's ILT 4, although Harvard... Congrats and well done to Cornell, Penn and Yale.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Penn, which can finish no worse than 4-2, has clinched an ILT berth. Yale may have, but since they can still finish 3-3, it's way more complicated to figure out.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

And Princeton up 13-4 on Stony Brook with 1 minute to go.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

CU77 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:40 pm Well RumorMill did correctly predict the exact score of Cornell-Dartmouth last week!

Meanwhile it's Dartmouth-Yale 4-4 at the end of Q1 ...
And so close with the Penn game today! Darn it... laxfan will just have to continue to 'snipe' at us until we get all the "exact" score predictions correct!

Also predicted that TD would go 100% in face off's vs DC today... be it I said 16 for 16. Thought he would get pulled sooner... he also lost one in the 1st quarter which blew that prediction anyway... but pretty close, 23 of 24, wow!

On to next week... Dartmouth vs. Hartford is going to be a tricky one, especially with Hartford's win today (congrats to them on a good W)!

Note: Without exact scores I was 100% on Win predictions! 8-)
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

You were pretty close. Some really spectacular individual performances (Teat for Cornell, Junkin for Penn and Peters for Princeton) made a difference.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

RumorMill, let me know the score of the Syracuse game this Tuesday. I have a busy week ahead and need those two hours to get some stuff done. Thanks in advance.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

16-14 Cornell. Already posted it on the "Cornell" thread.

Get some work done.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Thanks, RM. That saves me time & anxiety!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

CU77 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:42 pm Penn, which can finish no worse than 4-2, has clinched an ILT berth. Yale may have, but since they can still finish 3-3, it's way more complicated to figure out.
Penn has indeed cliched, but it's because there's one too many losses to go around at this point for a five-way tie at 4-2 to happen. Penn has already beat 3 of the 4 opponents that would be involved if that could happen, so it's impossible.

It's still possible for Yale to miss even without tiebreakers. Example:
1. Pennsylvania 5-1 (loss to Harvard)
T2. Brown 4-2 (loss to Cornell)
T2. Cornell 4-2 (win out)
T2. Harvard 4-2 (win out)
---
5. Yale 3-3 (lose out)
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
calourie

Post by calourie »

The way the Ivies tend to up their play against one another renders me a bit nervous about Yale's chances until they clinch, even with their recent history and well stocked team. TD Ierlan does have a safety blanket feel to him but both Brown and Harvard (Bulldogs remaining opponents) have excellent goalies and enough talent to upset whomever they play. Kudos to Penn for their impressive rebound from a tough start. I hope Yale gets another shot at them but there is a good bit of lacrosse to play before that can possibly happen.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Two Ivies in action later today: Cornell at Syracuse (!) and Hartford at Dartmouth.

Cornell has a bye week in the Ivy, and follows up its visit to the Dome with a visit Sunday to Indiana to face off against Notre Dame. Two big OOC games for the Big Red. Good luck Cornell!

On Saturday, Dartmouth hosts Princeton, two teams who have yet to register an Ivy win this season; Yale hosts Brown in a battle of two teams in the thick of the hunt for ILT slots; and Harvard hosts one of the hotter teams in D1, Penn.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

RumorMill wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:40 pm Well RumorMill did correctly predict the exact score of Cornell-Dartmouth last week!

Meanwhile it's Dartmouth-Yale 4-4 at the end of Q1 ...
And so close with the Penn game today! Darn it... laxfan will just have to continue to 'snipe' at us until we get all the "exact" score predictions correct!

Also predicted that TD would go 100% in face off's vs DC today... be it I said 16 for 16. Thought he would get pulled sooner... he also lost one in the 1st quarter which blew that prediction anyway... but pretty close, 23 of 24, wow!

On to next week... Dartmouth vs. Hartford is going to be a tricky one, especially with Hartford's win today (congrats to them on a good W)!

Note: Without exact scores I was 100% on Win predictions! 8-)
Well played, Rumor!!!
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Oh boy, here we go. Love mid-week games!

Hartford 12 over Dartmouth 11 (in OT... just for a little extra detail prediction!)
This is a tough one, don't necessarily like my prediction, but it is what it is! Hope I'm wrong, and we'll find out in a few hours.

Princeton 16 over Siena 9
This is an interesting scheduling choice for Princeton. Could be viewed good or bad, either way they need to be ready for Dartmouth on the weekend.

Cornell 16 over Syracuse 14
I'm looking forward to watching this one... I got all my work done early today so I could make some time to sit on the couch!

Good luck to all the teams and players!
calourie

Post by calourie »

Rumormill predictions:

Dartmouth-Hartford A+
Princeton-Sienna A-
Cornell-Syracuse D

I was hoping Dartmouth would be able to grit one out, as well as rooting for Cornell to show well against the Cuse. Didn't see the Dartmouth game but the report on their thread makes it sound like the Big Green is a team that still needs to learn how to win. As regards the Cornell-Cuse matchup, Syracuse looked like they outhustled the Big Red all over the field today. Conditioning this late in the season likely wasn't the issue but perhaps the Orange having had a week to prepare for the game while Cornell only had a Sunday and Monday after the Harvard game was. At any rate it would appear Cornell has some work to do to quickly get their footing back under themselves before they play an always tough Notre Dame team on Sunday. An OOC win against anyone but particularly the ACC is always good for the Ivies.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

With the weekend approaching, my predictions:

Harvard 12 Penn 11: okay, I've revised this one from a comfortable Penn win. The logical pick is clearly a Quakers win, but something in my gut senses upset.
Yale 18 Brown 11
Princeton 14 Dartmouth 9

Cornell 14 Notre Dame 13 (OT)
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

calourie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 pm Rumormill predictions:

Dartmouth-Hartford A+
Princeton-Sienna A-
Cornell-Syracuse D
The "D" is generous! I'll take it, but more like an F on that one. Congrats to Syracuse they weren't messing around... and "laxfan", my apologies, I hope you DVR'd it!

Well, the weather is supposed to be much better in the Northeast tomorrow, so that should be good for everyone.

Yale 15 over Brown 10
I think Brown is going to make a game of this, but Yale's possession time will win out in the end.

Penn 17 over Harvard 9
I don't think Harvard is going to be where Penn slows down.

Princeton 15 over Dartmouth 10
With two 15-10 exact score predictions I'm hoping to get one correct.

ND 14 over Cornell 13
Sorry "FannO", flip flopping your result here. Not going out on a limb like last week and predicting OT... but... Don't like going against Ivy on this, but I think the Irish are going to be tough at home.

Good luck to all the teams and players!
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Brown (4-6) at #5 Yale (7-2) — Elis have not forgotten the cross check to the head in Providence last year. Full gas and DEFCON 5 fury. Yale 17-8.

#6 Penn (6-3) at Harvard (5-5) — Not sure how many more at bats the Harvard AD will allow the current coaching staff. Kinda need to win 2 of last 3 against Penn, Princeton and Yale before going ahead with the kitchen remodel in Allston. Probably not going to happen. Quakers 13-9.

Princeton (5-6) at Dartmouth (2-8) — Big Green return to their #1 keeper but it’s not enough. Tigers 17-9.

#8 Cornell (7-4) at #10 ND (6-4) — Sadly for high SAT lax players everywhere, the Big Red will drop 10 spots in the media poll if they lose this one. Been over a month since their only quality win of the season which was an 18-11 decision over Towson at home. Irish 15-11.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Not to pick nits, but Towson was a neutral site game. Cornell has it in 'em to beat the Irish. I hope they prevail.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”