Ivy League 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PizzaSnake

Re: Ivy League 2019

Post by PizzaSnake »

Pushed/threw his man down. Checked him in the head while he was on ground and play had moved on.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The guy screaming YALE SUCKS at the top of his lungs is pretty cute.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Non sequitur, Hawkeye.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Can Opener wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:15 am
RumorMill wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:46 pm I know it's easy and safe but going with the favorites tomorrow!

Penn 13 over Brown 10

Yale 15 over Cornell 12
Weather might play a factor, and if it's messy and TD shows up at the X it should make the difference.

Good luck to all the teams and players!
What is your prediction for the Yale/Penn final?
I'll admit, I wanted to wait and see how the semi's finished... with that said, I was going to predict Yale from the start and will for the final. Going to digest the semi's a bit and maybe throw out a score prediction. As we all know the score is only relevant as to who scores more and for personal statistics... but, still fun! Some great lacrosse and hoping Cornell can maybe sneak in with an at large!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ILT question, how was attendance for both games last night?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

RumorMill wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 pm
Can Opener wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:15 am
RumorMill wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:46 pm I know it's easy and safe but going with the favorites tomorrow!

Penn 13 over Brown 10

Yale 15 over Cornell 12
Weather might play a factor, and if it's messy and TD shows up at the X it should make the difference.

Good luck to all the teams and players!
What is your prediction for the Yale/Penn final?
I'll admit, I wanted to wait and see how the semi's finished... with that said, I was going to predict Yale from the start and will for the final. Going to digest the semi's a bit and maybe throw out a score prediction. As we all know the score is only relevant as to who scores more and for personal statistics... but, still fun! Some great lacrosse and hoping Cornell can maybe sneak in with an at large!
I think Yale is the stronger team. Both Penn and Yale played to the buzzer Friday, so managing fatigue will be an issue. Good luck to both teams.
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

Went to the games last night. First game was a treat although I felt robbed by the refs at the end when they bailed out the Penn pole. Brown is one gritty team. Some great performances on both sides. Second game not so much. Yale was in control from the opening faceoff although Teat was fantastic and seemed to make every shot he took.
I was impressed by the size and athleticism of Penn, Brown and Yale. Sunday’s game should be a great one but Penn had a much tougher semi and that could hurt them in final. I like Penn if they can win half of the faceoffs but that’s a ridiculously tall order....
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

CU88 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:35 am ILT question, how was attendance for both games last night?
The box score from Yale's web site says 2,731. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-la ... 3_bq7j.xml There was just one admission charged, so that 2,731 would cover both games.
NYC weather forecast says 100% chance of rain tomorrow, does not bode well for final-game attendance.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Well done, Quakers.

As it always is, the next game is the only game.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Congratulations to the Penn Quaker lacrosse family on adding the Ivy League Tournament title to their regular season Ivy championship. Terrific team without any apparent holes. An impressive arc of improvement after going 0-3 to start the year speaks of terrific coaching and excellent senior/upperclass leadership.

As a Yale fan, perhaps I should be more disappointed -- obviously Yale may lose a chance at an NCAA home game or at least get a lower seed -- but I'm relatively optimistic. After a poor first quarter in which Penn set Yale back on their heels, the Elis bounced back well. The defense tightened up considerably; Starr was solid (and at times more) in the goal; and Yale showed, again, that even without an overwhelming advantage in face-offs/possessions (and in fact being under 50% on the day) they can compete with top-level competition.

Now I'm looking forward to two or hopefully three Ivy teams to make some noise in the NCAAs.
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

Yale will get a home game no doubt about it
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Two Pennsylvania schools will get top three seedings in the NCAAs.
That’s happened ... never.
Well done Quakers :!:
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

Would not be surprised at all if Quakes get 2 seed.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Fabulous lacrosse game. Congratulations to an excellent Quaker team. Gallagher looks like TD's kryptonite. I think Penn gets a 3 seed, but what do I know. I hope Yale doesn't have to face them again until the ff, provided both get there. Yale should be a 5 or 6 seed, but we will just have to see how the selection committee sets it up. Ivy homer that I am I'll be rooting for both unless or until they meet again, and if laf's laxbyte numbers are accurate Cornell as well with the same caveat.
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

I found it depressing that Quint said that after standing on the field at the semi between Brown/Penn "It looks to me like these Ivy teams are as athletic now as ACC teams" Where has he been the last 5 years, The Ivy teams are not as athletic as most ACC teams ..They are MORE Athletic than most ACCC teams. Bigger, faster, stronger and this is not new and certainly goes back to Dylan Malloy's Brown team, which I still think would have won it all if he had not gotten hurt. If you actually watch these teams play in person you should know how athletic they are, and if you are professional you should know what you are watching.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Well said. Quint's just a windbag.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I can't remember the last time the ILT went completely according to script, with the better seeded team winning in all three games. If it happened before, it was prior to 2013.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Voyuer wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm I found it depressing that Quint said that after standing on the field at the semi between Brown/Penn "It looks to me like these Ivy teams are as athletic now as ACC teams" Where has he been the last 5 years, The Ivy teams are not as athletic as most ACC teams ..They are MORE Athletic than most ACCC teams. Bigger, faster, stronger and this is not new and certainly goes back to Dylan Malloy's Brown team, which I still think would have won it all if he had not gotten hurt. If you actually watch these teams play in person you should know how athletic they are, and if you are professional you should know what you are watching.
His act is old.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
molo

Post by molo »

I am not usually too critical of Q, but I have to agree that the idea that the Ivy is not physical and athletic--a belief I used to hold as an ACC guy--is an outdated myth.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Congrats to the Quakers.

That was one hell of game. Was I rooting for Yale, since it helped Cornell's slim chances come selection time? Sure. But I was happy to see Penn win. Outstanding goalie play down the stretch...

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”