Brown 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sting The Corner

Re: Brown 2019

Post by Sting The Corner »

Nice accolades congrats to both, looking forward to these guys getting on campus. Saw Yeboah-Kodie play last year in the NYS lax tournament—he looked like the most dangerous offensive player on the field. Was surprised he hadn’t committed somewhere at the time.

wahoomurf wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:A follow up on recruits Trevor Y-K and Colin Hart.Trevor returned 2 punts for touchdowns and ripped a 76 yard run as Garden City broke the LI record for consecutive wins.Hart continued his brilliant management of the offense.

Bruno is getting 2 studs and terrific young men.

Wish either or both were heading to Charlottesville but I must admit, these 2 made an excellent choice for furthering their education.
UPDATE: Colin Hart won the Snyder Award given to the outstanding quarterback in Nassau County L.I.Trevor was voted the Gatorade New York State FB POY. The Garden City team set a Nassau County record winning 36 games without defeat and 3 LI Titles.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.24329600
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Sting The Corner wrote:Nice accolades congrats to both, looking forward to these guys getting on campus. Saw Yeboah-Kodie play last year in the NYS lax tournament—he looked like the most dangerous offensive player on the field. Was surprised he hadn’t committed somewhere at the time.

wahoomurf wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:A follow up on recruits Trevor Y-K and Colin Hart.Trevor returned 2 punts for touchdowns and ripped a 76 yard run as Garden City broke the LI record for consecutive wins.Hart continued his brilliant management of the offense.

Bruno is getting 2 studs and terrific young men.

Wish either or both were heading to Charlottesville but I must admit, these 2 made an excellent choice for furthering their education.
UPDATE: Colin Hart won the Snyder Award given to the outstanding quarterback in Nassau County L.I.Trevor was voted the Gatorade New York State FB POY. The Garden City team set a Nassau County record winning 36 games without defeat and 3 LI Titles.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.24329600
He was one of the lacrosse players that SIGNED a few days ago. Brown (2); Denison; Villanova ;UVM;F&M;Trinity;Bucknell;Cornell
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Wonder if the new FB coach can use them, too.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

bearlaxfan wrote:Wonder if the new FB coach can use them, too.
Both have decided on "Lacrosse only".TYK was recruited by a number of D-1 FB programs.His dad was a LB at PSU and played in the NFL.His mom ran track at PSU.Both parents,to their credit,let Trevor decide.

I do quite a bit of unofficial,ambassador without portfolio, bird dogging for FB and Lacrosse prospects in the Northeast.As such,I watch a whole bunch of HS FB games.IMO,both Colin and Trevor could play FB in the Ivies.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Hearing rumors that one of the 2019 attack recruits was deferred when the early decision results came out. Really talented player hopefully he'll be admitted in the regular decision pool.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Happy Holidays Brunos and Brunas- or is it Bruni and Brunae?

https://youtu.be/KAfKFKBlZbM
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Where is Professor Workman when you need him?
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

The Inside Lacrosse Ivy pre-season rankings were just released and provide some good bulletin board material. Brown State is projected to miss the ILT for the first time since 2014.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ence/53545

IL expects to order to be:
1. Yale
2. Cornell
3. Princeton
4. Penn
5. Brown
6. Harvard
7. Dartmouth

This is despite Brown defeating both Penn and Princeton last year. Brown hasn’t lost to Penn since 2015.

Only Phill Goss is named to the pre-season All Ivy team.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

reasonable to expect that Brown will have difficulty in overcoming Penn and Harvard for a 4th place finish to make the Ivy Tourney again held under the El on the upper west side of
Manhattan for no good reason on a late Friday afternoon- evening.....beating Penn for the last few years will have no bearing in 2019.....Harvard is always a tough out for
Brown (but not for others).....trying to figure out where the scoring (relative to Yale, Cornell and Princeton) will come from this season.....suspect the defense will be satisfactory especially with
Goss in goal......trepidation in taking-on Tiffany in March with U Va. having the nation's best this and the best that (units and players) ....can always blame Tiffany for not recruiting enough good Brown srs. and jrs.....
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

Counselor: I do not understand your post. You say Brown will have difficulty getting 4th place and making the ILT again. Perhaps that will be true, but what do you base that on? Why do you expect that result? Brown was the third seed in the Ivy tournament last year and lost a close game to Cornell in which they shot horribly--at least 5-6 pipes. Overall, however, Brown was 10th in the nation in scoring offense last year (~12 goals per game)--granted Yale, Princeton and Cornell were ahead of them. Brown lost virtually no one on offense who significantly contributed last year--7 of their top 8 scorers return. Would also expect defense to be better than "satisfactory" with a new D coordinator who is a former D1 head coach and strong defensive mind. The comment that you "can always blame Tiffany for not recruiting enough good Brown srs. and jrs" is ridiculous. Assuming you are an alum, you embody the old adage "with friends like you, who needs enemies." Thoughtful skepticism is one thing. Damnation with faint praise is another. Just plain old damnation is pathetic. Hope you are a little more thoughtful with your words in the future. Good luck to the Bears!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Think he's lowballing. Year 3 Daly, the buck begins stopping there.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

So where will the goals come from? Most of the offense seems to be players who are nice 'associate pieces'; no one is keeping opposition coaches up late worrying. Can we expect juniors and seniors who haven't yet shown the ability to blow up a game up to now, start now? Don't just look at point totals. Look at who the points came against. Racking up points against Dartmouth, or when you're down by 15 vs Yale, should be discounted.
Any first/second years with AA offensive potential now?
Let's assume (hope/pray) the D will be better just by dint of the new coaches.
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:57 pm So where will the goals come from? Most of the offense seems to be players who are nice 'associate pieces'; no one is keeping opposition coaches up late worrying. Can we expect juniors and seniors who haven't yet shown the ability to blow up a game up to now, start now? Don't just look at point totals. Look at who the points came against. Racking up points against Dartmouth, or when you're down by 15 vs Yale, should be discounted.
Any first/second years with AA offensive potential now?
Let's assume (hope/pray) the D will be better just by dint of the new coaches.
Overall, I agree with your sentiment: There's no proven elite scorer on this team, and that's a concern. The good news? Other than Hudak, who had a fine season, 7 of our top 8 scorers return. Some thoughts on who could step up:

-McCaleb came on strong toward the end of the season, IIRC. I'd expect him to continue improving.
-Would love to see more out of Jack Kniffin; after an inspired freshman season, he was relegated to a role player last season. He has the shiftiness and the quick shot to be a high-end scorer, but he needs to find more open space and not get caught in double teams.
-I also think George Grell showed a LOT of Dylan Molloy-esque qualities last season. He has the same physical element, blistering shot, and propensity to just let 'er rip, instead of over passing (which was an Achilles' heel for us in many games in 2018).
-We all thought Jackson Newsome would be a first-choice option going into last season; he was a solid contributor, but not an automatic starter.
-Panepinto loves to rip it; his 88 shots were by far the most on the team last year. But much of his success was predicated on creating space by working the ball with Hudak, who's now gone; can he find a similar partner in crime?
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

Panepinto and McCaleb will serve as captains: https://brownbears.com/news/2019/1/29/m ... tains.aspx
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Exciting news for Brown Lacrosse on several fronts - University Trustees approved Friday nite a some $25 million Lacrosse/Soccer complex that will be built adjacent to Stevenson Field - to be fast-tracked so as to be completed by Feb/March of 2020 - a great shot in the arm for the program and indicative of a strong commitment by the Trustees, the Chancellor, and the President to success in the lacrosse program....also word of a possible turfing of Brown Stadium in time for the NCAA quarterfinals (18,000 seat stadium) scheduled to be staged in Providence in a few years - Brown's AD Hayes now heading the NCAA Lacrosse Committee....recruiting class matriculating in Sept of 2019 expected to be one of Brown's best.....
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

Counselor, that's HUGE news. I've been wondering when Brown would take action to improve/replace an outdated Stevenson-Pincince facility. Is this public knowledge yet? I haven't seen an announcement anywhere.

Very exciting to see the university is capitalizing on its 2016 Final Four run, albeit slightly later than we'd have liked. Recent investment in Brown athletics appears to be paying off – hockey and basketball are performing well this year and have good recruiting classes lined up; football appears to be headed in the right direction at last; and now the lacrosse and soccer teams, traditionally Brown's strengths for men's sports, are getting their due.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Counselor wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 am ... $25 million Lacrosse/Soccer complex that will be built adjacent to Stevenson Field - to be fast-tracked so as to be completed by Feb/March of 2020...

A sunlamp above every seat, and season ticket holders EACH get their own personal Chaplain (ooold Brown snark)

But seriously, can't wait!
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Make that sunlamp big enough to keep out rain and I'll be there on April 20. :lol:
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

I'd vote parking over sunlamps.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

2 days to go. Getting the itch!! Flannel lined pants, wool socks, other winter gear in tip-top shape; hope I won't need them for the April games! Season takes forever to arrive, then flies past. Echoing some above sentiment, I think just making the ILT will= success. Let's go BRUNO! Make me look stoopid!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”