Hobart 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
shoothi

Re: Hobart 2019

Post by shoothi »

Great job!

Hobart got over the hump,,,does not matter how it happened, they won. They held serve. Great win for mental toughness. Yes it was tough but they won and made plays in the end.

Take this win and use it to propel yourselves to the NCAA's.

Fantastic, shows in a close came your over the hump.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Nice win, Statesmen! Congratulations.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Great to hold on and advance! But my supply of Tums ran out . . . now let's get the job done! Would be nice to avoid the play-in game (if Vermont wins the America East that should clinch us avoiding it). Would love to see us travel a little bit, maybe to Virginia if they win the ACC?
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Gotta be happy to see lots of bodies out there playing and adding to the game - which has not been the case in years past.
They put together a nice offensive display to get up by 7 with 4:30 left in third and I also thought the defense was solid for most of the game.

The breakdown in my opinion came from the designed slowdown. I don't think it's necessary- not with this team. In fact I think they look very average when they're not flying all over the field. Let them run- I'm from an old generation mindset of "step on their throat" not "kill the clock and hope they go away".

Glad to get the win - Yeah Bart!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Topshelf585, I couldn't agree more. This team does best playing to win, not playing "not to lose." I totally understand the slowdown strategy, but when you see it backfire a few times, it is time to try something else. I'm with you, the "something else" should be "step on the throat."
But I guess what I really agree with is that this Hobart team is REALLY good when they are playing all out. They make plays, they make good decisions, and they recover from bad decisions. There is a palpable flow to the team. We got a good look at that team in quarters 1-3 last night, and it is really impressive. The offense produces goals, but when the rhythm got going, the defense in particular was firing on all cylinders. It was great to see, and it is what they have to bring on Saturday.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

The stats on offensive and FO GBs late in the game is why Romo got on a run. They outshot Bart 13-7 in the 4th but otherwise Statesmen played them even. They just didn’t maintain / obtain possessions to break the run, at least until 1:08 - which was pretty lucky bc it allowed them to stall out for the win.

The look on Raymond’s face (head down towards turf for a good 30 seconds) during the postgame interview said it all. That game was about a minute away from being another huge choke job.

Hope the guys put this in the rear view and have a good practice today. Will be driving down I-75 tmw and hope my Weos feed doesn’t crap out like it did yesterday a few times.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

CONGRATS STATESMEN! Way to hold on for the W. You guys owe me for a hair transplant as what little I had left fell out from stress last night.A few points for tomorrow. RMU middies are for the most part, true 2 way players. Their transition game either catches us trying to sub, or with the wrong guys trying to play ssdm. The 2 man game they use has baited our D into doubling at the wrong time leaving Sam L having to make the exceptional save. They also aren't afraid to dodge from X when we are still setting up. Have to assume they ALWAYS will go!. While SHU switched goalies and his stats were good, our shooters made it easy for him. Both last Saturday and last night, Q4 shots were noticeably not changing levels or were telegraphed. I know it's easier said than done in the heat of battle but, that is what got us a high scoring O. Both SHU and Romo were best when they weren't running a set offense and pushed the unsettled situations. No one way to stop that but , keeping glued to you man always slows it down. And as DJU said "keep your stick on his hands". FMU BART !!!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

12-4 guys: that’s the goal aside from revenge.

Hustle. Play like the seniors deserve this win, visualize and actualize!
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ped has taken 413 draws so far. 95.8% of the total. Even for a stud is that common? Especially when he has had poor wing play and has had to play 2-3 on 1 on many faceoffs and still grab 167gbs this season.

I hope he’s feeling good on short rest because we need him to be feeling strong in q4 today.
See Martin, Malcolm
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Statesmen, best of luck today against RMU!!!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart up 5-3 at the half...hang on Bart, damn it!!!!!
Luchessi playin' big in the cage.
Heat's gonna get turned up for the next 30 minutes.
GO BART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

One goal game heading into the 4th quarter. A dream game ... let's see what you're made of guys.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Another late third/fourth quarter lead handed away. How can this happen again.

Haven’t scored a fourth quarter goal in 40 minutes of play. Makes me sick to my stomach
See Martin, Malcolm
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

These announcers are S**t storms
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Boy, lack of wing play on the faceoffs is hurting us today.
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Guys just look tired right now. Can't blame them, though.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

The Lacrosse Gods still haven't punished us enough for the D3 run . . .
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

No matter how it ends, Sam is the man.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Going to have to be a lot of hard thinking this offseason....
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Too soon for the TO! Come on guys. One more.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”