Yale 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FannOLax

Yale 2019

Post by FannOLax »

Looks like LaxPower is really expiring. Yale Lacrosse twitter has some pictures of the new turf at Reese Stadium: looks great.
calourie

Re: Yale 2019

Post by calourie »

Sad to recognize the shuttering of Laxpower. I loved the breadth of participation. Hopefully many laxpower participants migrate to fanlax. I like the fact that the set up here is nearly identical to Laxpower. Thank you Matnum for making the effort. On a side note I expect another stellar season for the Bulldogs.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

calourie wrote:...Thank you Matnum for making the effort. On a side note I expect another stellar season for the Bulldogs.
Yes, thank you Matnum! I expect the Ivy League to be tougher this year, with recent bottom-dweller Dartmouth improving (and I think getting at least one conference win in 2019), Princeton strong, and I think Cornell could be a Final Four team; Yale graduated a tremendous group of senior players, but also returns ample talent (when was the last time the Elis were returning a strong starting goalie?) and should definitely benefit from having FOGO Ierlan as part of the team. After the 2018 national championship, Yale has a big target on its back. The new shot clock (whatever version becomes official) could be something of a wild card, but I have confidence that Shay and staff will have the team ready for the Brave New World. It will take a bit of getting used to not seeing Ben Reeves out there, also Ty Warner; but I am definitely looking forward to watching the 2019 edition of the Bulldogs.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-la ... 0828jxhbte

Fall ball: Yale to play Team USA in Sparks, Maryland on Saturday Oct. 6th.
JAFO

Post by JAFO »

Very sad about the fall of laxpower. Glad that the forums are finding new life.
Announced today that Yale will be scrimmaging team USA on October 6 at US lax headquarters.
There will be another scrimmage the next weekend, assuming it will be at Reese because that is the weekend of the alumni game. the opponent is a top 10 team. You aren’t going to want to miss either one.
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Yes, very sad about laxpower. Glad we have a new meeting place.
Lux et veritas
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

The wave of two-sport athletes grows: Robert Mooney (LSM, face-off wing and possible D) is playing soccer now for Yale: https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/08/ ... ccer-team/
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Great to see the LaxPower Yale stalwarts here. Truly. Also, got the initial alumni weekend email that Yale will play Notre Dame on Sunday, October 14 at Reese. Pretty intriguing fall ball matchup!
luvlaxlife

Post by luvlaxlife »

Great fall game against ND! What time is it scheduled for?
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Would not be surprised if it starts at noon.

This is a nice adder to the October 6 game vs the USA National team in the Baltimore area.
Lux et veritas
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

luvlaxlife wrote:Great fall game against ND! What time is it scheduled for?
The email I received was the initial announcement and said "details to follow" -- no game time was provided although the guess of noon is a decent one (assuming ND will be traveling back to South Bend that evening?). Definitely a great fall-ball match-up.
calourie

Post by calourie »

I like the SOS fall ball scheduling upgrade with scimmages against Team USA and Notre Dame (as well as the alumni). I thought last year's s pre-season scrimmage against Syracuse went a long way to prepare the Bulldogs for the what lay ahead in the 2018 season, and feel fall tilts against Team USA and Notre Dame will help the 2019 edition begin to get an idea of what top flight competition will be like this coming spring. I anticipate Coach Shay will be introducing the incoming first year recruits within a week or two and the expect the fall schedule to give the newcomers a real taste of the level of lacrosse to which they will have to become accustomed.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Last year's home fall-ball scrimmage with Providence and Colgate included 8 quarters of lacrosse for each team. Part of the purpose of fall ball is to allow the coach to see everyone play; so if Notre Dame is coming for a two-way scrimmage, I'd expect them to play more than 4 quarters (as Yale and Merrimack did in last February's scrimmage).
JAFO

Post by JAFO »

2019 Roster is live. All of the FY's have a link to a video clip. Some of these guys are new names for me. I liked Ocken's clips, looks like a sniper from the midfield. Can't wait till fall ball starts...

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-la ... -19/roster
calourie

Post by calourie »

I continue to be more and more impressed by Shay and staff's recruiting abilities almost every year.. A quick read through this year's FY list leads me to believe over half of the incoming class captained their various H.S. teams, and about the same amount seem to have excelled in more than one sport as well, including two who have hopes of playing some football for the Bulldogs. Though not the most highly coveted recruits nationally according to sources like IL, Shay and staff have shown a remarkable penchant for judging players who fit well into their system, and they seem to bring out the best in the players they go after, with this year's group looking to be perhaps as talented as any that has ever showed up at Yale.
Ox77

Post by Ox77 »

Looks like Inside Lacrosse is projecting Yale as the #2 incoming Frosh class, only behind UVA. The digital version is out if you want to pay for it. Neuman coming in as #1 FOGO and profiled. Several other highly touted players- wonder if the IL "evaluators" are giving Shay and staff more credit? There are also several boys on the Yale web site roster that aren't even listed as '18 recruits on the IL list.

Whatever... as good as they are individually, it's the teamwork that made last year's dream work! That and an all-world Reeves.
Last edited by Ox77 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Ierlan
“2018: Set Division I records for face-off percentage (.791), face-off wins (359) ... including perfect 20-for-20 vs. Vermont… Went 16-for-21 with a goal and nine ground balls in win at Syracuse (2/17)… 24-for-24, one shy of NCAA record, with 22 ground balls in 11-9 home win over Cornell (3/4)… 24-for-24 with 21 ground balls in home win vs. Stony Brook (3/31)… 24-for-29 with 21 ground balls and an assist in NCAA First Round victory vs. Richmond (5/12)”

I thought the better game not listed here was the quarterfinal against Baptiste.
I watched this again last night.
Ierlan played it smart, Tierney tried to wear him out.
Ierlan was directly responsible for Danes jumping to early lead, and then closing out the win.
A very impressive game.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

The Bulldogs will have the best faceoff unit in the country with TD Ierlan transferring from Albany and Joe Neuman coming in has a freshman from Salisbury (CT). That duo will be deadly.
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Don't get caught up with IL rankings.

Welcome to the freshmen. Appreciate Yale University (its a special place), follow the great coaching, embrace the team culture, study hard, work hard, and play hard. Everything will fall into place.
Lux et veritas
dense

Post by dense »

51 roster. Larger than usual?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”