Cornell 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
another fan

Re: Cornell 2019

Post by another fan »

Looking like Teat may be a second team AA this year. Sowers, Spencer, Ament should be first team locks. Bucaro dominated Chris Fake today putting up 8 goal, 70+ for the season; Bernhardt a Tew. finalist. We 'll see, but what a year for attack.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

IL released their Media AA team, with Jeff Teat on the 3rd Team, and Salvatore as an Honorable Mention.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

Now that Johns Hopkins was easily beaten by the Irish, I wonder how Cornell might have fared playing in South Bend in the rain. I’ll guess we’ll never know :roll:
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Personally, I think that the media and selection committees have too deeply discounted the quality of Cornell's season. Maryland needing overtime to put Towson away is another example of this.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

towson was the 6 seed.

while the committee may be in lock step with rpi this year, cornell had 14/15? games to put top wins on the board.
they finished with 2. that often doesn't cut it.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

faircornell wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:48 pm IL released their Media AA team, with Jeff Teat on the 3rd Team, and Salvatore as an Honorable Mention.
And Princeton's Sowers as 2nd Team . . . certainly a loaded attack field this year.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

WDGSR: As noted on another thread, Cornell beat Towson by 6, and ND by 2. In addition, Jeff Teat had an equal season, at least, to the attackman who scored the OT goal for the Terps. While everything can't be measured, subjectively, Cornell isn't getting much love right now.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Seriously ... are the Cornell fans going to spend the next decade whining about this? :roll:

It’s been bad enough having to listen about 2007 all these years. :?

Look, had Cornell won the Ivy semis and at least played in the Ivy title game, I am sure they would have gotten a tournament bid.

As for Hopkins, they won the two games they absolutely had to win and played in the B1G title game.

That’s really it ... Hopkins won the two games they really had to win, while Cornell failed to win the single game they had to win.

Done. Anyway, both teams can start planning for next season.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

In fairness to my fellow Cornellians, I'm the only one whining. Each of my posts addressed different aspects of the program getting less respect than deserved.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:08 pm towson was the 6 seed.

while the committee may be in lock step with rpi this year, cornell had 14/15? games to put top wins on the board.
Hop had zero wins over top ten teams and six losses, a perfect record. How did that "cut it?" Seven losses after yesterday's debacle. Still perfect. Bogus choice for the tournament.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

Gobigred wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 am
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:08 pm towson was the 6 seed.

Hop had zero wins over top ten teams and six losses, a perfect record. How did that "cut it?" Seven losses after yesterday's debacle. Still perfect. Bogus choice for the tournament.
Interesting that even after last night's pathetic showing against ND, Hopkins fans still show up over here on Cornell thread to defend their NCAA bid.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:38 am Seriously ... are the Cornell fans going to spend the next decade whining about this? :roll:

Look, had Cornell won the Ivy semis and at least played in the Ivy title game, I am sure they would have gotten a tournament bid.

As for Hopkins, they won the two games they absolutely had to win and played in the B1G title game.

That’s really it ... Hopkins won the two games they really had to win, while Cornell failed to win the single game they had to win.

Really? After last night's showing versus ND you still defend the Blue Jays bid? Or did you come here to escape the whining and teeth gnashing on the Hopkins thread?
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:38 am Seriously ... are the Cornell fans going to spend the next decade whining about this? :roll:

Doc the genius thinks a team should be selected based upon 2 of their games and the committee should ignore that prior to those games, their record was 6-7. LOL. The committee is supposed to analyze the entire body of work. A 7 loss team should never get into the tourney regardless of SOS. They need to win some of those games.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sheesh all the whining. Sue the NCAA.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

OCanada wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:48 am Sheesh all the whining. Sue the NCAA.
I know you're depressed that the NCAA is going away from NFL stadiums in the future, but don't take it out on Cornell.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trumansburger wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 am

Really? After last night's showing versus ND you still defend the Blue Jays bid? Or did you come here to escape the whining and teeth gnashing on the Hopkins thread?
Pretty clear that Hopkins was not the last team in. Committee chose Maryland over Cornell. If you have a problem with that, take THAT up with the committee.

Bottom line, we wouldn’t be having this conversation if Cornell won the one game they needed to win ... the Ivy semifinal.

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

laxfan1313 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:51 am

Doc the genius thinks a team should be selected based upon 2 of their games and the committee should ignore that prior to those games, their record was 6-7. LOL. The committee is supposed to analyze the entire body of work. A 7 loss team should never get into the tourney regardless of SOS. They need to win some of those games.
Hopkins won twice against Maryland, making the Blue Jays the clear #2 team in the B1G.

So, committee basically had a choice between the #3 B1G team (Maryland) and the #3 Ivy team (Cornell), and they correctly chose Maryland.

And yeah, it matters a lot if you build a pretty record on a weak SOS (Cornell) or grind out 8 wins against the toughest schedule in the nation (Hopkins).

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

Maybe if you guys took Petro back, you could slip into the tournament and get thumped in the first round. :roll:
Nyhoo

Post by Nyhoo »

Doc...neither team was gonna make any real noise in the tourney due to some obvious weaknesses for both squads. I dont feel sorry for any Ivy League school that feels they got shafted.... as it relates to anything.
Hopkins needed the bid more...they are hanging by a thread to being relevant...even in the big 10.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Nyhoo wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 am Doc...neither team was gonna make any real noise in the tourney due to some obvious weaknesses for both squads. I dont feel sorry for any Ivy League school that feels they got shafted.... as it relates to anything.
Hopkins needed the bid more...they are hanging by a thread to being relevant...even in the big 10.
Reasonable points. But things could have been very different if Hopkins had beaten Penn State in OT, won the B1G AQ, and hosted a first round game. Importance of making just one more play. We’ll never know now.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”