Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Navy 2022

Post by old salt »

Christian Swezey has Navy at #22 in his way ahead rankings.
Looks like a good starting point.

Looking forward to 2019 -- any returning O-middies good candidates or considering switching to ssdm
(& becoming a hero) a la #40 Plumer, Jones & Wardell ?

How's this for a returning line up ?
(based on returning experience) :
A -- Daniel, Smiley, Wade
MF1 -- Torain, Spilker, Burgoyne
SSDM -- Griffin, Kopf
LSM -- Durden
D -- McKenna, Franchuk, Miller
G -- Kern

? likely impactful plebes inbound ?
? returning reserves likely to step up & break into the lineup ?
Last edited by old salt on Sat May 29, 2021 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
AreaLax

Re: Navy Lacrosse 2019

Post by AreaLax »

March 5th vs Princeton
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

AreaLax wrote:March 5th vs Princeton
That will be a great game and it's on a Tuesday evening. WIth Princeton having just played JHU 3 days prior. Princeton is pretty loaded this year and Navy close defense will have to be buttoned up for that Princeton attack.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote:
That will be a great game and it's on a Tuesday evening. WIth Princeton having just played JHU 3 days prior. Princeton is pretty loaded this year and Navy close defense will have to be buttoned up for that Princeton attack.
That's a great addition & the Princeton sched indicates it's at Navy. Looks like a replacement for the Penn game.

If I've extrapolated the PL sched correctly, it will be preceded by a Sat Navy homegame vs Bucknell & followed by a Sat Navy road game at Lafayette.

If we can again get Cuse in for a bye week home & home, with MD & JHU (back on) as Feb Sat games, it'll make for a good non-conf sched.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

youthathletics wrote:

That’s a great addition IMHO . Concur Youth . I enjoyed watching the Penn team for the last 2 years . Still believe it was a big mistake to play at Sparks and giving up a home game last season . Wasn't 2004 the last time Navy played Princeton with a “W” ?

Interesting link SALT from Swezey, who all left NAPS ? Big shoes to fill looking for a new coach ? Any updates ?

Excited for Fallball !

FORE

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Tecumseh wrote:
youthathletics wrote:

That’s a great addition IMHO . Concur Youth . I enjoyed watching the Penn team for the last 2 years . Still believe it was a big mistake to play at Sparks and giving up a home game last season . Wasn't 2004 the last time Navy played Princeton with a “W” ?

Interesting link SALT from Swezey, who all left NAPS ? Big shoes to fill looking for a new coach ? Any updates ?

Excited for Fallball !

FORE

“T”
Welcome aboard, T!

I’d like to note that, in the last official LP Page Count Race, we had a good thing going and Navy 2019 was leading Hopkins 2019, 14 to 11 at the time of the sudden CANEX.

Just a little LP trivia. Navy won the last battle. Always important to win the last one.

Carry on!
W
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote:Christian Swezey has Navy at #22 in his way ahead rankings.

Looking forward to 2019 -- any returning O-middies good candidates or considering switching to ssdm

SSDM -- Griffin, Kopf
LSM -- Durden
G -- Kern

Sprinkling in a few...
J. Salcedo (21") and B. Martin (21') could also see significant minutes at MF/Attack. Martin should be a 20' but had an injury at NAPS and waited an additional year. My hope is that the handful of F/O guys we brought in, they keep us competitive at X. I would really like to see Torain pulled from the wing and get a gritty guy in there that just gobbles up GB's....I would love to see Mona 20' in that roll. That would pull significant burden off of Torain and allow him to focus on playing offense....the young man has to wear too many hats; not implying he can't, simply that he shouldn't.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: I would really like to see Torain pulled from the wing and get a gritty guy in there that just gobbles up GB's....I would love to see Mona 20' in that roll.
It would be great if another Steve Looney or Matt Bitter emerged in that role. It was like they had an afterburner. The didn't dance around & box off their man, they'd go into a GB scrum, at what looked like full speed, then tap the 'burner for a burst of acceleration, & emerge out the other side with the ball. They were difference makers in that role. They were GB machines.
dense

Post by dense »

youthathletics wrote:

SSDM -- Griffin, Kopf
LSM -- Durden
G -- Kern

Sprinkling in a few...
J. Salcedo (21") and B. Martin (21') could also see significant minutes at MF/Attack. Martin should be a 20' but had an injury at NAPS and waited an additional year. My hope is that the handful of F/O guys we brought in, they keep us competitive at X. I would really like to see Torain pulled from the wing and get a gritty guy in there that just gobbles up GB's....I would love to see Mona 20' in that roll. That would pull significant burden off of Torain and allow him to focus on playing offense....the young man has to wear too many hats; not implying he can't, simply that he shouldn't.
Replacing Varello 59% is key. Recall Jax game, can not have a 3-22 stat line and expect to win. Added 3 fogos in 18 class, do they head to NAPS? Agree on Torain. Should not run him down, he can be a offensive force when fresh.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dense wrote:
youthathletics wrote:

SSDM -- Griffin, Kopf
LSM -- Durden
G -- Kern

Sprinkling in a few...
Replacing Varello 59% is key. Recall Jax game, can not have a 3-22 stat line and expect to win. Added 3 fogos in 18 class, do they head to NAPS? Agree on Torain. Should not run him down, he can be a offensive force when fresh.
Not all went to NAPS.
~Livy
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

I think we are missing a lot of Navy posters from LP.

Anyone we should reach out to? Did anyone collect email addresses? We lost all PMs, so loss of prior comm traffic is another big hit.

W
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

From yesterday at the Academy: (photo from the renowned David Kennerly)
7A1CF5A8-75B8-4E5A-BBC0-4842B2961C33.jpeg
7A1CF5A8-75B8-4E5A-BBC0-4842B2961C33.jpeg (173.95 KiB) Viewed 18689 times
RIP. Fair winds and following seas.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

McCain also did a solid and provided an individual cake for those stuck on the yard, for...well, you know, not being able to leave the yard.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Photo gallery of John McCain's funeral at USNA.

https://news.usni.org/2018/09/03/photo- ... -annapolis
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Thanks for posting the McCain photos.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

RIP Capt. BILL DAWSON - Officer Rep to the Stars !

https://www.usna.com/home---news18---bill-dawson

"Without the brave efforts of all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines and their families, this nation, along with our allies around the world, would not stand so boldly, shine so brightly and live so freely."

Lane Allen Evans, American politician

Fair Winds and Following Seas Good Sir !

"T"
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Navy with a huuuuge win over Memphis today!
Big rebound win after the HI game and travel.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
old salt

Post by old salt »

thatsmell wrote:Navy with a huuuuge win over Memphis today!
Big rebound win after the HI game and travel.
Who knows how this season will play out, but we may look back on that game as a turning point which saved the season.

A good wx matchup favored Memphis. The rain dance worked. .;).

Hope we see #38 wielding a pole next spring, even if he does it as a clubber.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”