Yale
8%
Other
15%

Total votes: 97

laxpere

Transfer Poll: Chris Gray - Closed on June 19th with UNC as the choice

Post by laxpere »

All intended in good fun. Hopefully, no one is offended by the poll or the posts.

One vote per user. You may vote or change your vote up until the poll closes on the afternoon of June 21st, or until there is an announcement.

Previous changes due to limited votes awarded:
June 1st: Stays at BU was eliminated and Maryland was added.
June 3rd: Maryland was eliminated and Cornell was added.
June 11th: UNC was eliminated and Johns Hopkins was added.
June 19th: Ty Xanders reports UNC is Gray's choice. Surprise considering the poll

Thanks for participating. Good luck to Chris Gray at UNC.
Last edited by laxpere on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 am, edited 11 times in total.
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
LRoggy

Re: Transfer Poll - Chris Gray

Post by LRoggy »

Hobart as the dark horse pick . .
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

LRoggy wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:00 pm Hobart as the dark horse pick . .
Thanks for voting.
Syracuse was mentioned, but Hobart is definitely a new one. Vote other then.
Good point on Hobart for Munro. Mott is another Colorado and 3D player there.
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I cop to the Loyola vote. I realize it's almost impossible.

Chris: we have the best lax stadium not located 10 hours from a legitimate airport (looking at you, Klockner Stadium).
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

I am changing the Stays at BU to Maryland since there are so many other votes now. Plus, I am guessing that no one will think that he stays at BU.

It would be appreciated if any one who voted for Maryland in Other, please switch your vote.

I can replace a school with another as long as no one has voted for the old school. Maybe Cornell makes sense instead of UNC?

It's a confidential poll but If you vote "other" and would name the school that would be great.

You are able to change your vote until the poll closes on June 14th. Thanks for voting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I voted for Hobart just because the lacrosse gods owe us for taking Reeves away from us, and Polley swipes a very good attackmen Jack Wilson from us a few years ago. Don’t really expect it,if it’s not a package deal I suspect it’ll be a higher perceived academic institution but maybe not a huge university. If he could get into Princeton why not, he’s a LI kid who committed to Boston.

I can get from my house in Atlanta to Cville in ten hours so I don’t know where the ten hours to a real airport comes from, even excluding like GSP and Richmond, even the Baltimore airport is less than 5.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

Since no votes for Maryland yet, I am replacing them and moving Cornell onto the poll. If you voted for Cornell in Other, please switch your vote. Thanks.
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

The seven Brown fans who post here must the the ones voting for Brown (I would be so pleasantly surprised if it happens—HS teammates from SWR, a coach who loves Lacrosse/Football players, maybe it’s not so crazy.) It’s gotta be Duke though makes so much sense.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

laxpere wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:42 pm Since no votes for Maryland yet, I am replacing them and moving Cornell onto the poll. If you voted for Cornell in Other, please switch your vote. Thanks.
What the hell kind of poll is this? Florida? Hanging Chads?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Maryland’s continues screwing by the gods after the UVA game and BTB losses to hop to end the season for the championship win.

Imagine the price Cornell will pay the gods if theyb (or Navy) ever win a title again....
See Martin, Malcolm
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I voted for the Big Red out of loyalty, but I wouldn't count out Yale. The TD result from this season might create temptation to act similarly again.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Cornell and Penn have two of the top undergraduate business schools in the nation - Wharton and Dyson. Notre Dame has a very good undergrad program as well(Mendoza) as does UVA (McIntire) Michigan and Georgetown also have good undergrad business programs. I know Dyson takes transfers, but I'm not sure about the other schools. I think McIntire at UVA requires you to enroll junior year so I'm not sure how it works with transfers. If he is looking for a career on Wall Street, these appear to be the top options.
bulax

Post by bulax »

All of them take transfers. Transferring into mcintire can be done straight externally junior year. Doubt Mendoza is it, the requirements are very specific and it is highly unlikely many of the classes needed to be sufficiently on his way to a degree are completed by now. My pick is georgetown, I think with their recent success, the graduation of the X attackman, the likely availability of scholarship money, and the academic chops of mcdonough it makes sense. I could also see brown or penn as potential destinations. Penn will be loaded for a while, they have an absolutely loaded roster of FOGOs next year.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

The Orient Pt to New London ferry leads to 55 minutes to Prov. from New London; Shoreham (Chris' residence) is 40 minutes from Orient Pt.....had considered Brown but Coach Tiffany deferred to his buddy Polley at BU and didn't pursue aggressively...now Chris has a second chance...new lax stadium at Brown by March of 2020.....new Brown economics major but with the practical vein of entrepreneurship (better than Wharton) ......great recruiting class coming this September....yes, Daly is a players' coach......can make a difference at Brown...can put Brown back in the NCAA's.....it should be a no brainer.....I will transport all relatives to the ferry from Shoreham/Wading River....Dylan Molloy will tutor as to post-grad lax plans......
the great Larken Kemp approves of this....Brown State.....great Newport 40 mins. away.......friendly, no cut-throat student body....would thrive at Brown......great alumni network in all fields....create your own curriculum.....alma mater of Tiffany, Starsia, Emma Watson, JFK, Jr., John Krasinski,
Ted Turner......
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Counselor wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 am The Orient Pt to New London ferry leads to 55 minutes to Prov. from New London; Shoreham (Chris' residence) is 40 minutes from Orient Pt.....had considered Brown but Coach Tiffany deferred to his buddy Polley at BU and didn't pursue aggressively...now Chris has a second chance...new lax stadium at Brown by March of 2020.....new Brown economics major but with the practical vein of entrepreneurship (better than Wharton) ......great recruiting class coming this September....yes, Daly is a players' coach......can make a difference at Brown...can put Brown back in the NCAA's.....it should be a no brainer.....I will transport all relatives to the ferry from Shoreham/Wading River....Dylan Molloy will tutor as to post-grad lax plans......
the great Larken Kemp approves of this....Brown State.....great Newport 40 mins. away.......friendly, no cut-throat student body....would thrive at Brown......great alumni network in all fields....create your own curriculum.....alma mater of Tiffany, Starsia, Emma Watson, JFK, Jr., John Krasinski,
Ted Turner......
Jeopardy

Brown State

“What is the condition of Hopkins’ fans’ underwear?”, Alex.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Forgive me but is Emma Watson the girl from
Harry Potter and was that used as a notable alum reference for an Ivy League school? I mean don’t get me wrong,I was quite aware of the “whens Hermainie turning 18 movement” but can’t imagine that’s enough for Gray, who could just transfer to a school in an major city or UNC/Duke and have a very nice pool to feed from.

And if were going to use actresses, didnt Natalie Portman go to yale???? Because I’d give multiple appendages up for a shot there.
See Martin, Malcolm
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Counselor wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 am The Orient Pt to New London ferry leads to 55 minutes to Prov. from New London; Shoreham (Chris' residence) is 40 minutes from Orient Pt.....had considered Brown but Coach Tiffany deferred to his buddy Polley at BU and didn't pursue aggressively...now Chris has a second chance...new lax stadium at Brown by March of 2020.....new Brown economics major but with the practical vein of entrepreneurship (better than Wharton) ......great recruiting class coming this September....yes, Daly is a players' coach......can make a difference at Brown...can put Brown back in the NCAA's.....it should be a no brainer.....I will transport all relatives to the ferry from Shoreham/Wading River....Dylan Molloy will tutor as to post-grad lax plans......
Ted Turner......

Ummm, not to be morbid, but JFK Jr isn't gonna help him much w/any Brown alumni network.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:14 am Forgive me but is Emma Watson the girl from
Harry Potter and was that used as a notable alum reference for an Ivy League school? I mean don’t get me wrong,I was quite aware of the “whens Hermainie turning 18 movement” but can’t imagine that’s enough for Gray, who could just transfer to a school in an major city or UNC/Duke and have a very nice pool to feed from.

And if were going to use actresses, didnt Natalie Portman go to yale???? Because I’d give multiple appendages up for a shot there.
Natalie Portman went to Harvard
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

bulax wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:09 am All of them take transfers. Transferring into mcintire can be done straight externally junior year. Doubt Mendoza is it, the requirements are very specific and it is highly unlikely many of the classes needed to be sufficiently on his way to a degree are completed by now. My pick is georgetown, I think with their recent success, the graduation of the X attackman, the likely availability of scholarship money, and the academic chops of mcdonough it makes sense. I could also see brown or penn as potential destinations. Penn will be loaded for a while, they have an absolutely loaded roster of FOGOs next year.
I don’t think there’s a chance he heads to Georgetown. I think the academics fit, but he’s going to go to a school that is a final four mainstay or one player away from the final four. My guess would be a school like Duke, Penn, Notre Dame, Yale, or possibly Cornell
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ABClaxfan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:57 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:14 am Forgive me but is Emma Watson the girl from

Natalie Portman went to Harvard
Corrected. Point is if follow her to Jonestown and drink juice with her whereas hermeinie is like a target amongst many in the wild.

I did hang out with a very attractive actress who was at Yale while in grad school in DC, jordana brewster, whi was in some of the fast and furious movies. Very attractive.p
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”