2018 - Week One

2018 Games
greenielax

Re: 2018 - Week One

Post by greenielax »

ohmilax34 wrote:Greenielax gets a (kinda) shoutout from Quint Kessenich in Q's top 20 this week.
Ian Laviano (5, 2) continues to reward his fantasy owners.
:lol: But I'm a little offended at the implication that there are other fantasy owners (and other fantasy leagues)! I refuse to believe we aren't alone in the universe.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Down by 7. G'town and Mass left to play. You have Ben Spencer M JR UMASS and Craig Berge M SR Georgetown. NJ has has UMass D.

I don't think it's such an unpopular opinion.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Week 2:

Sowers
Ray
Glancy

Berge
Spencer
Hill

Hopkins
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Week Two line-ups go over here.
Caddy Day
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FCA: Was working on a spreadsheet tonight which involved looking at previous drafts. (What's kind of fun is that these threads not only have the picks but everything around the picks. People picking Top Five picks with their 90th pick. "Oh, man. Someone already grabbed Miichael sowers!" Stuff like that. It's kind of funny. Anyway...) In the 2015 Draft, you had the 18th pick and you showed up late. So Matnum picked for you. One, maybe two picks after he picked for you, you showed up saying, UPenn's McGeary! Matnum puts back the guy he picked for you and replaces him with McGeary. A couple picks later, Stegs grabs the guy you dropped. Connor Kelly. :) At the time, I'm sure it was nothing. But looking at it now, something funny about it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FCA, I'm looking at the numbers and... It's basically a wash. By the numbers, McGeary was as good a pick as Kelly. Very similar numbers. let's see what happens in their senior year.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

greenielax

Post by greenielax »

Lack of inside information is killing me here. I'm only up on callaxdad by 7, which his final player Reeves can cover on a bad day. My final player--Kavanaugh--did not play on Saturday (but was dressed and on the sideline, reportedly), with Tierney implying in the post-game presser that he was injured. I was hoping an Island groupie would give me some intel on laxpower, but nothin--Where is Kinduv when you need him??? Keep Kav in the lineup, betting that he plays, or switch him out for my post-draft-trade, low-to-no-scoring Umass middie? Awash in bad options. Here's hoping Reeves has a down day :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

for what it's worth, both UMass and Stony Brook are awful this year. Kavanaugh may have a field day, Reeves may sit towards the end. Soon to find out...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

2 minutes left in the 3rd and reeves has 7. uh oh...
Caddy Day
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

exactly--and showing no signs of being taken out :evil:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Updated: Week One
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Greenie, you're going to win. It's tied 17-17. Even if Kavanaugh doesn't score, the tie breaker is we go to the bench to the highest scoring bench player which is... Mikey Herring JR A UVA 3. W.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

greenielax wrote:Lack of inside information is killing me here. I'm only up on callaxdad by 7, which his final player Reeves can cover on a bad day. My final player--Kavanaugh--did not play on Saturday (but was dressed and on the sideline, reportedly), with Tierney implying in the post-game presser that he was injured. I was hoping an Island groupie would give me some intel on laxpower, but nothin--Where is Kinduv when you need him??? Keep Kav in the lineup, betting that he plays, or switch him out for my post-draft-trade, low-to-no-scoring Umass middie? Awash in bad options. Here's hoping Reeves has a down day :roll:
Dang, almost pulled it out...... needed one more from Cleveland St!......rookie ties defending champ and puts up second highest tally!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

admin wrote:Greenie, you're going to win. It's tied 17-17. Even if Kavanaugh doesn't score, the tie breaker is we go to the bench to the highest scoring bench player which is... Mikey Herring JR A UVA 3. W.
I think the D score should be tie breaker!! Haha

Nice W.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Matnum PI wrote:2 minutes left in the 3rd and reeves has 7. uh oh...
Anyone know if he sat the final 15 or not?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Reeves was on the field. The problem was that Yale started coasting and UMass started mounting a comeback. So when Yale was only up by 3 with minutes left, they were holding the ball. If they were up by more, I think they would've been shooting. Bottomline, you lost and have brought shame to our league and all the coaches within it. Take it up a notch next week. Cal vs. EZE.
Caddy Day
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

So... Mr. Jack Ray won me the tie breaker correct? I planned that...
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

callaxdad wrote:
admin wrote:Greenie, you're going to win. It's tied 17-17. Even if Kavanaugh doesn't score, the tie breaker is we go to the bench to the highest scoring bench player which is... Mikey Herring JR A UVA 3. W.
I think the D score should be tie breaker!! Haha

Nice W.
That would have been a tough pill to swallow since it was family ties that only allowed me to score 2 on D--if he wouldn't have been playing his son-in-law, I doubt Tierney would have called off the dogs so early. I lucked out with Herring on the bench, since Kavanaugh didn't play.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Updated: Week One
Several Games are over. Several depend on Loyola and Towson players that play tomorrow.

Return to “2018 GAMES”