2019 - Week One

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Uklax

Re: 2019 - Week One

Post by Uklax »

Am I allowed to make the threads for weeks 2/3/4/5/6/7/8? If so I’ll make them tomorrow and that should end the confusion for everyone :) I think if I just press new topic that should do it and I will fill the games in etc :)

I literally only just spotted that I could do this and not just admin or I’d have done it sooner
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

So, question Admin, if I want to start Jacob Kelly in week 10 I have to declare this prior to the UNC Harvard game this Saturday?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

admin wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 am for some reason i'm still super confused as to games that count and when and what, but this will be week 1 lineup
A - Walsh, Duke
A - Robertson, Princeton
A - Howell, UMBC
M - Gleason, ND
M - Smith, Duke
M - Maloof, Towson
Denver D
You have 3 As and 3 Ms so it doesn't matter but, just as an FYI, your As and Ms as listed aren't actually As and Ms (I believe).

Looking over the prospective schools rosters, I thought they were accurately put in, no? Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're fine. It just needs to be 3 Ms and 3 As. Which you have. This is what i have for your players and positions. A zero next to a players name means he's a starter.

NJLaxx11 -
Brendan Gleason A SR Notre Dame 0
Nick Garofano SO A Army -
Philip Robertson JR A Princeton 0
Grant Maloof SR M Towson 0
Robert Clark SR A Georgetown -
Jake Moss FR M Notre Dame -
Reilly Walsh M JR Duke 0
Brad Smith SR M Duke 0
PJ Brown SR M Loyola -
Nick Bond FR M Princeton -
William Clayton FR M Denver -
Mitch Howell JR A UMBC 0
John Geppert FR M UMD -
Denver D 0
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

weeks 2-8 and now up and available to post your rosters.. being too british i enjoy a fair game and want everyone to be able to post their starters properly and not lose out on confusion terms
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Seems a little accusatory. UK, im trying to give you the benefit if the doubt but i'm struggling a little. How is this unfair and improper?

Starting a player has three components. The date of their NCAA game, who is their NCAA team playing, and what Fantasy Week are the two aforementioned factors. This basically boils down to, Is he injured on the relevant date? Is his opponent tough or weak? and what are my other starter options? All this information is 100% accessible to every coach. Injured, etc. ... NCAA Games that Count Chronologically, Who is his opponent... Same. NCAA Games that Count Chronologically, and What are my options... NCAA Games that Count by Fantasy Week. Your point is, I want to set my line-up for every week now and then I can look at the Chronological list and make changes if someone's injured. Fantasy Week first, Chronology second. My question is, How is Chronology first, Fantasy Week second, unfair and improper?
gcclaxster67

Post by gcclaxster67 »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 am You're fine. It just needs to be 3 Ms and 3 As. Which you have. This is what i have for your players and positions. A zero next to a players name means he's a starter.

NJLaxx11 -
Reilly Walsh M JR Duke 0
Brad Smith SR M Duke 0
PJ Brown SR M Loyola -
Mitch Howell JR A UMBC 0
John Geppert FR M UMD -
Denver D 0
Both Gleason and Walsh Midfielders. So that's 4 middies 2 attack.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 am Seems a little accusatory. UK, im trying to give you the benefit if the doubt but i'm struggling a little. How is this unfair and improper?

Starting a player has three components. The date of their NCAA game, who is their NCAA team playing, and what Fantasy Week are the two aforementioned factors. This basically boils down to, Is he injured on the relevant date? Is his opponent tough or weak? and what are my other starter options? All this information is 100% accessible to every coach. Injured, etc. ... NCAA Games that Count Chronologically, Who is his opponent... Same. NCAA Games that Count Chronologically, and What are my options... NCAA Games that Count by Fantasy Week. Your point is, I want to set my line-up for every week now and then I can look at the Chronological list and make changes if someone's injured. Fantasy Week first, Chronology second. My question is, How is Chronology first, Fantasy Week second, unfair and improper?
Oh I didn’t mean this as an accusation at anyone, especially not you... sorry it felt that way.. I only meant fair between players so that someone can’t say “oh I missed this game by accident, I feel denied that I’m missing this persons points” If they meant to have joe blogs play this week but didn’t have him set so misses out on his points etc... I didn’t mean you weren’t creating a fair game haha!
I just know somewhere down the line someone would be like “I start Joe blogs this week” and their game had already happened, they had scored 5 points and then people argue over whether they were set or not.. this way there can be no ambiguity :)... I definitely didn’t mean it in a negative way
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Uklax wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm
admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 am Seems a little accusatory. UK, im trying to give you the benefit if the doubt but i'm struggling a little. How is this unfair and improper?

Oh I didn’t mean this as an accusation at anyone, especially not you... sorry it felt that way.. I only meant fair between players so that someone can’t say “oh I missed this game by accident, I feel denied that I’m missing this persons points” If they meant to have joe blogs play this week but didn’t have him set so misses out on his points etc... I didn’t mean you weren’t creating a fair game haha!
I just know somewhere down the line someone would be like “I start Joe blogs this week” and their game had already happened, they had scored 5 points and then people argue over whether they were set or not.. this way there can be no ambiguity :)... I definitely didn’t mean it in a negative way
And also I was making a joke about the British
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

And also I know I would be the person that messed it up...again let me emphasis I wasn’t trying to accuse you of anything :)
TartanLax1822

Post by TartanLax1822 »

new line up:

A - Rehfuss
A - Wisnauskus
A - Walker
M - Jasinski
M - Donville
M - Sullivan
D - Princeton

Jasinski and Sullivan both listed as Middies on roster. Ellis Geis (3 goals in FR debut w/ Denver) also listed as a middie.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

gcclaxster67 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am
admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 am You're fine. It just needs to be 3 Ms and 3 As. Which you have. This is what i have for your players and positions. A zero next to a players name means he's a starter.

NJLaxx11 -
Reilly Walsh M JR Duke 0
Brad Smith SR M Duke 0
PJ Brown SR M Loyola -
Mitch Howell JR A UMBC 0
John Geppert FR M UMD -
Denver D 0
Both Gleason and Walsh Midfielders. So that's 4 middies 2 attack.

So we don’t go by official team rosters? I feel like I’m doing the right thing here but if we want to assign positions to players that doesn’t make much sense to me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

NJ, you're not alone. In more than one season, the position designations have been a point of contention. But not in many years. (e.g. Jeff Froccaro was an A. 100% an A... and he scored goals. And... He started taking face-offs. Face-off win, he stays. face-off lose, he runs off the field. Not simple. :) ) with that said, our rule is that we go by the website until a game is played. Then we go by the box score and/or our eyeballs. But, before changing a player's designation on your roster, make sure to put it before the other coaches. e.g. "Gleason is playing on the first middy line. I think he's an M." Along the same lines, but separately, with an NCAA M playing Fantasy A, we're looser. he does need to be an M but when there's a question, we lean towards, it's OK. With an NCAA A playing a Fantasy M, with that we're stricter. We want to avoid any Fantasy team having 4 attackmen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

callaxdad wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:17 pm So, question Admin, if I want to start Jacob Kelly in week 10 I have to declare this prior to the UNC Harvard game this Saturday?
Cal, sorry. just seeing this. and the answers is yes and... currently, you have him as a starter.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uklax wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pmMy starters for each week are listed under each title as far as I’m aware... didn’t think any of this weekends games mattered for week 1?

Look at the NCAA Games that Count. This weekend, 2 of the games count for Week One, Denver and UMBC. You don't have UMBC players and French is on your bench so... You won't accrue any points.
My current team is
Mullins
Foulds
Carraway
Sunday
Wittenberg
Beckwith
Hofstra D

But I don’t want Mullins fixture for week 2 or foulds for week 4 so don’t count their points if they play those gameweek fixtures before they play their week 1 fixtures.. I’ve tried to make that as clear as I can... If any of this doesn’t make sense just message me and I’ll try to clarify better.
UK, there's only one way to be clear with me. Take a look at the NCAA Games that Count. (They're organized by Fantasy Week as well as Chronologically. You have all the info you need.) Then post your starters in a post within the thread we're currently hanging out in. Currently, that thread is Week One. Which is great because this is the Week One thread and your starters are above. We're all set. But wait. On 2/9 when PSU played, Foulds was one of your starters. He's a starter and... You don't want his points. On Saturday, there's a bunch more games that count. One of those games is Rutgers and you have Mullins starting and... You also don't want those Points. UK, If you don't want any Points, put everyone on your bench. If you want a player's points to count, start the player before the game. Put everyone on your bench and then, if you want your player Sunday's Points to count during his game on 2/15, take him off your bench before the game starts and start him... in the thread we're all hanging out in. That's the system. A line-up like you did above is fine. "Put in Frank, take out N'Beans" is fine. A post with starters and then other verbiage saying, I don't want X for Week 3 but I do want Y for Week etc. is not fine. submit your starter(s) pre-game in the thread we're hanging out in.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm NJ, you're not alone. In more than one season, the position designations have been a point of contention. But not in many years. (e.g. Jeff Froccaro was an A. 100% an A... and he scored goals. And... He started taking face-offs. Face-off win, he stays. face-off lose, he runs off the field. Not simple. :) ) with that said, our rule is that we go by the website until a game is played. Then we go by the box score and/or our eyeballs. But, before changing a player's designation on your roster, make sure to put it before the other coaches. e.g. "Gleason is playing on the first middy line. I think he's an M." Along the same lines, but separately, with an NCAA M playing Fantasy A, we're looser. he does need to be an M but when there's a question, we lean towards, it's OK. With an NCAA A playing a Fantasy M, with that we're stricter. We want to avoid any Fantasy team having 4 attackmen.

Got it - so looking at the last duke box score, brad smith started at attack and Walsh at middie. So I’ll just flip them for now!
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:17 pm
Uklax wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pmMy starters for each week are listed under each title as far as I’m aware... didn’t think any of this weekends games mattered for week 1?

Look at the NCAA Games that Count. This weekend, 2 of the games count for Week One, Denver and UMBC. You don't have UMBC players and French is on your bench so... You won't accrue any points.
My current team is
Mullins
Foulds
Carraway
Sunday
Wittenberg
Beckwith
Hofstra D

But I don’t want Mullins fixture for week 2 or foulds for week 4 so don’t count their points if they play those gameweek fixtures before they play their week 1 fixtures.. I’ve tried to make that as clear as I can... If any of this doesn’t make sense just message me and I’ll try to clarify better.
UK, there's only one way to be clear with me. Take a look at the NCAA Games that Count. (They're organized by Fantasy Week as well as Chronologically. You have all the info you need.) Then post your starters in a post within the thread we're currently hanging out in. Currently, that thread is Week One. Which is great because this is the Week One thread and your starters are above. We're all set. But wait. On 2/9 when PSU played, Foulds was one of your starters. He's a starter and... You don't want his points. On Saturday, there's a bunch more games that count. One of those games is Rutgers and you have Mullins starting and... You also don't want those Points. UK, If you don't want any Points, put everyone on your bench. If you want a player's points to count, start the player before the game. Put everyone on your bench and then, if you want your player Sunday's Points to count during his game on 2/15, take him off your bench before the game starts and start him... in the thread we're all hanging out in. That's the system. A line-up like you did above is fine. "Put in Frank, take out N'Beans" is fine. A post with starters and then other verbiage saying, I don't want X for Week 3 but I do want Y for Week etc. is not fine. submit your starter(s) pre-game in the thread we're hanging out in.
Alright I’ll try to make sure I do it right then from now on? Sorry I didn’t figure it out right..Start a fresh... just delete the other threads then, I dunno how to remove them just individual posts.. I’m sure with admin rights you’ll be able to :)

So to make it clear for my own understanding... Foulds has played for me 2/9 then regardless cause I had him in at the time in this thread and we are just ignoring my long list because it was an incorrect way to post? So for that week I’ll just pick two more attackers and can’t remove him yeah as that time has past?

So hopefully I get this right then and if not oh well I tried..

Current starters then and ill just leave it as this..

Carraway
Mullins
Foulds

Sunday
Wittenberg
Beckwith

Hof D

Because I know French is out for the 16th so bench
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm NJ, you're not alone. In more than one season, the position designations have been a point of contention. But not in many years. (e.g. Jeff Froccaro was an A. 100% an A... and he scored goals. And... He started taking face-offs. Face-off win, he stays. face-off lose, he runs off the field. Not simple. :) )
This reference stings a bit but pretty sure I still won that year 😁
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 pmGot it - so looking at the last duke box score, brad smith started at attack and Walsh at middie. So I’ll just flip them for now!
Perfect example. Pretty straightforward, just do it and if anyone objects, they'll post something. otherwise, you're good.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PALax11 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 pmThis reference stings a bit but pretty sure I still won that year 😁
As I was writing the post I was thinking of you. Considered making some comments to drudge up this old point of contention but chose to let it go. But, PA, make no mistake, I was thinking explicitly of you. :)

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”