2019 early outlooks

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Uklax

Re: 2019 early outlooks

Post by Uklax »

SOOOOO! (i'm excited for the new season and hence the caps)

We draft in a few weeks.

What teams are in and out that we can use this year officially? i.e albany in and fairfield out? any more?

And for those that lose players for teams that are removed from the league when are they getting extra draft spots?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As of 9/13/18, no changes in terms of adding or dropping NCAA teams.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1- All Coaches from last season are returning.
2- We have two new coaches: WeWantMore and Typical Lax Dad.
3- The current plan is not to add or drop any NCAA teams.
4- The two new coaches have the first two picks. Based on a coin flip, WeWant has the #1 pick, Typical has the #2. EZE has the #3 pick.
5- We've had numerous new coaches but this is the first time we've had new coaches who aren't taking over an established team. WeWant and Typical are not new coaches at UVA. They're new coaches at Utah. In other words, WeWant and Typical, you're starting the 2019 season at a distinct disadvantage. For example, OCanada needs to replace one senior and his D. You two will need to replace 13 players and a D. So you don't feel too sorry for yourselves, CalLaxdad has 9 graduating seniors as well as his D.
6- First pick on October 1st. WeWant, you have the first pick.

2019 Draft Order
1 WeWantMore Monday, October 1
2 Typical Lax Dad Tuesday 2
3 EZE Wednesday 3
4 Maddog Thursday 4
5 Wholly Metro Friday 5
6 GenghiskhanBluejay Saturday 6
7 TartanLax1822 Sunday 7
8 HipandKneeDoc Monday, October 8
9 CalLaxDad Tuesday 9
10 GreenieLax Wednesday 10
11 NJLaxx11 Thursday 11
12 UK Lax Friday 12
13 ohmilax34 Saturday 13
14 PA Talk Sunday 14
15 OCanada Monday, October 15
16 FCALax Tuesday 16
17 NC Lax Wednesday 17
18 GCCLax Thursday 18
19 Matnum PI Friday 19
20 Stegmakk Saturday 20
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

admin wrote: 3- The current plan is not to add or drop any NCAA teams.
I know I've stated my position to not add any new NCAA teams this season, but my draft board (at least the first round) looks much less sad when I add Albany players to it.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Sad about the lack of albany too but fair enough two new coaches already changes a lot so i can see why we don't need new team on top of that admin wise.

i'll remove those albany players from my draft then
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Thought/Idea: The two new coaches are starting with zero. this seems to me overly harsh. What do you think about having a pre-Draft where they get to select Undsrafted players from last season *not including* players with double digit points?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote:Thought/Idea: The two new coaches are starting with zero. this seems to me overly harsh. What do you think about having a pre-Draft where they get to select Undsrafted players from last season *not including* players with double digit points?
Matt,

I know I said I didn't want to add NCAA teams, but maybe it does make sense to do so, because the new coaches are at such a disadvantage. I know this was the point you were making to me earlier. Of course, you are the commissioner, so it means extra work for you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

if they get 3-6 pre-Draft picks they'll be at a substantially lessened disadvantage.
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Hi Matt,

I personally don't like the idea of them getting extra pre-draft picks.

Let them have a tough start, it'll be a good learning season and least if it does go badly for them they get early drafts next year.

I don't like the idea of them getting to take up all the good missed points just for joining the league. being able to get 6 free perfect picks that you know will pay off based on the year before if anything gives them an advantage compared to us last season when we punted on players (e.g. spencer knife in my team).

Personally i think they know what they signed up for, just give them pick 1 and 2 as you have done and be done with it.

Either that or add an extra team. But the pre-draft picks i don't like that idea
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Then maybe 6 is too many. What about 1 or 2 pre-Draft and then they get their #1 and #2 picks? Just seems a bit harsh/cold for them to have to start with 0. Or maybe not...
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I'd say 1 maximum pre-draft pick then pick #1 and #2. Don't set a limit on who the pre-draft picks can be, just let them draft whoever pre-draft though. Otherwise they will just have a team of superstars.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matt did say that the available players would be limited to those with a maximum of 9 fantasy points last year. There won't be a lot of superstars in that group. Another thought is if you want to have all current teams set their roster by a certain date before October 1, then have the 2 new coaches have access to the dropped players before the Oct 1 draft???
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ALSO question....

With the draft happening soooo early and likely to finish quite early, can the ability to change players last for about a month post draft completion? (providing it ends at least a week before the first NCAA lacrosse game, between any team not just league teams)
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I do apologise i didn't read the last bit correctly about the double digit points but i still think a baptism of fire is a better way for them to join the league
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Uklax wrote:I do apologise i didn't read the last bit correctly about the double digit points but i still think a baptism of fire is a better way for them to join the league

Maybe i'm just mean because i'm British???
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Uklax wrote:I do apologise i didn't read the last bit correctly about the double digit points but i still think a baptism of fire is a better way for them to join the league
I agree with you. It should be hard for them. For most of the current coaches, we came into the league when the bad teams had bad draft picks and we had to scrap and claw out way to the top. Some, like me, are still clawing and haven't quite gotten there.

However, without adding an NCAA team, there isn't a lot of proven talent out there. How bad do we want them to be?
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Give them 1 pre-draft pick from anyone and then picks 1 and 2..... they then have at least 2 players who (providing they aren't idiots) should rack up decent points and then they at least have a base to scrap up from?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote:Matt did say that the available players would be limited to those with a maximum of 9 fantasy points last year. There won't be a lot of superstars in that group. Another thought is if you want to have all current teams set their roster by a certain date before October 1, then have the 2 new coaches have access to the dropped players before the Oct 1 draft???
I used to do that but stopped when I saw it was work to get everyone to hand them in and then no one ever picked a dropped player with their first pick. Ended up being easier to have people submit their pre-draft roster before they make their first pick.
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote:
ohmilax34 wrote:Matt did say that the available players would be limited to those with a maximum of 9 fantasy points last year. There won't be a lot of superstars in that group. Another thought is if you want to have all current teams set their roster by a certain date before October 1, then have the 2 new coaches have access to the dropped players before the Oct 1 draft???
I used to do that but stopped when I saw it was work to get everyone to hand them in and then no one ever picked a dropped player with their first pick. Ended up being easier to have people submit their pre-draft roster before they make their first pick.
That makes sense. Thank you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Ohmi, what do you think about that? essentially, the draft picks will be #1, #2, #1, #2, #3, #4... i.e. The two new coaches will get, so to speak, two first picks. UK, this is what you're suggesting, yes?
Caddy Day

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”