2019 - Quarter-Finals

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 am

Quarter-Finals

FCA Lax 9 vs. Matnum PI 0
OCanada 0 vs. NC Lax 0
UK Lax 1 vs. Greenie Lax 1
GenghisKhanBlueJay 0 vs. PA Talk 0

Virginia 2/16 vs Lehigh
Georgetown 4/9 @ Loyola
Yale 4/19 @ Albany
Army 4/20 vs Loyola
Cornell 4/20 @ Brown
Denver 4/20 vs Providence
Duke 4/20 @ Marquette
Fairfield 4/20 @ UMass
Hofstra 4/20 vs Drexel
Johns Hopkins 4/20 @ Penn State
Loyola 4/20 @ Army
Maryland 4/20 @ Ohio State
Navy 4/20 vs Syracuse
North Carolina 4/20 @ Notre Dame
Notre Dame 4/20 UNC
Ohio State 4/20 vs Maryland
Penn 4/20 vs Dartmouth
Penn State 4/20 vs Johns Hopkins
Princeton 4/20 vs Harvard
Rutgers 4/20 vs Michigan
Syracuse 4/20 @ Navy
Towson 4/20 @ Delaware
UMass 4/20 vs Fairfield
UMBC 4/20 vs UMass Lowell

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am

Brandau
Mullins
Sunday

Sessa
Wittenberg 1
Demaio

Hofstra D

Reasons i will lose this week
1. Hofstra vs Drexel ... the Dragons may not have a good D but they have a good O and will put up good numbers.
2. Yale vs Albany... Albany are poor this year so Greenies D will get good points and TD will want to prove a point vs old uni!
3. Not playing Carraway.. my fault, i was an idiot and judged that Loyola would lock him down. they didn't and wittenberg didn't get good points for once.
4. Umass vs Fairfield.. Umass attack will put up big points vs that weak D and therefore Greenie will get big points for C Connolly

Reasons for Hope
MULLINS :lol: (although he did have a limp during the maryland game after getting a big hit :?)

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 am

As an Aside.....

interesting question for you guys...

1. Who's your favourite ever player?
2. Who's your current favourite player?
3. Who's your favourite player in your current fantasy squads?

Mine go:
1. Billy bitter
2. P. Spencer
3. K. Mullins!

OCanada
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by OCanada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 am

Leaving my line up as is

Major concern is Army D vs Pat Spenser. 1 pt last game can’t be allowed to repeat I hope.

Fav all time player Larry Quinn. Sat behind an AA player for two years because even tho Coach though he was better he wouldn’t sit an AA. Twice first team GK, 2x POY, 2x MVP playoffs, 2x national tithes. Could have been 4 maybe in each but..

Fav current Pat Spenser

Fav roster Brian Tevlin for his willingness to donate marrow to save someone’s life tho it meant missing multiple games

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 am

OCanada wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 am
Leaving my line up as is

Major concern is Army D vs Pat Spenser. 1 pt last game can’t be allowed to repeat I hope.

Fav all time player Larry Quinn. Sat behind an AA player for two years because even tho Coach though he was better he wouldn’t sit an AA. Twice first team GK, 2x POY, 2x MVP playoffs, 2x national tithes. Could have been 4 maybe in each but..

Fav current Pat Spenser

Fav roster Brian Tevlin for his willingness to donate marrow to save someone’s life tho it meant missing multiple games
Spencer will be facing the touted J Surdick, whenever Spencer gets presented with a challenge (in the medias eyes) he plays his best lacrosse.. i think he won't be happy with 1 point either and bar him having a secret injury i think you'll see him return big again this game.. and if not your triple-up on Yale vs Albany should put up good points

User avatar
nclaxin
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by nclaxin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am

Same starters...

Will a midfielder play this week?...

Stay tuned...

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Uklax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am
3. Not playing Carraway.. my fault, i was an idiot and judged that Loyola would lock him down. they didn't and wittenberg didn't get good points for once.
Need to check but I think Carraway got 6 Points in that game. but i could be wrong.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Quarters

FCA beats Matnum. Not a question.
OCanada... LOSES to NC Lax.
Despite UK's doom-and-gloom stereotypically-British perspective, UK beats Greenie.
Wow. If only Genghis had a D. It'll prove to be his Achilles heel. But, vs. PA Talk... He'll win.

Then... FCA beats Genghis. UK beats NC lax... which sets up a pretty darn good final of FCA vs. UK and...

The 2019 Fantasy Champion will be... FCA.

greenielax
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by greenielax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Uklax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am
Reasons i will lose this week
1. Hofstra vs Drexel ... the Dragons may not have a good D but they have a good O and will put up good numbers.
2. Yale vs Albany... Albany are poor this year so Greenies D will get good points and TD will want to prove a point vs old uni!
3. Not playing Carraway.. my fault, i was an idiot and judged that Loyola would lock him down. they didn't and wittenberg didn't get good points for once.
4. Umass vs Fairfield.. Umass attack will put up big points vs that weak D and therefore Greenie will get big points for C Connolly

Reasons for Hope
MULLINS :lol: (although he did have a limp during the maryland game after getting a big hit :?)
Reasons you will win this week:
1. I have only 1 point out of two starters who already played. You're golden.

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 am

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Uklax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am
3. Not playing Carraway.. my fault, i was an idiot and judged that Loyola would lock him down. they didn't and wittenberg didn't get good points for once.
Need to check but I think Carraway got 6 Points in that game. but i could be wrong.
He did get 6 points and i stupidly dropped him thinking he would get locked down :cry:

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:11 am

greenielax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Uklax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am
Reasons i will lose this week
1. Hofstra vs Drexel ... the Dragons may not have a good D but they have a good O and will put up good numbers.
2. Yale vs Albany... Albany are poor this year so Greenies D will get good points and TD will want to prove a point vs old uni!
3. Not playing Carraway.. my fault, i was an idiot and judged that Loyola would lock him down. they didn't and wittenberg didn't get good points for once.
4. Umass vs Fairfield.. Umass attack will put up big points vs that weak D and therefore Greenie will get big points for C Connolly

Reasons for Hope
MULLINS :lol: (although he did have a limp during the maryland game after getting a big hit :?)
Reasons you will win this week:
1. I have only 1 point out of two starters who already played. You're golden.
I missed that Conrad had played but when i did my prediction maths i had conrad getting 2 points and herring 1 and you won 20-18 so in my predicitons we will end 18-18 so i think this is a very open contest

my prediction was as follows
Brandau 4
Mullins 6
Sunday 4

Wittenberg 1
Sessa 2
Demaio 3

Hofstra d -2

vs

Connolly 6
Buckley 2
Voight 4

Herring 1
Conrad 0 (originally i predicted 2 but now i know its 0)
Buttermore 3

Yale D 2

both total 18 now, i think the D situation could cost me as Albany getting 8 vs Yale is optimistic on my part.

Had i not stupidly dropped Carraway i would be less worried

*most weeks i've predicted mine and my opponents score (privately) and often only 1/2 points out
vs OhMil week 2 i predicted a 18-17 loss and lost 17-16 for example

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 am

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Quarters

FCA beats Matnum. Not a question.
OCanada... LOSES to NC Lax.
Despite UK's doom-and-gloom stereotypically-British perspective, UK beats Greenie.
Wow. If only Genghis had a D. It'll prove to be his Achilles heel. But, vs. PA Talk... He'll win.

Then... FCA beats Genghis. UK beats NC lax... which sets up a pretty darn good final of FCA vs. UK and...

The 2019 Fantasy Champion will be... FCA.
Also... i WONT make the finals but if i did i'd likely be bringing in Hofstra D vs UTAH 0 points (they are out of the CAA tourney contention pretty much). And possibly Carraway and wittenberg vs ROMO (as they might not qualify for big east tourney) for 10 points, with Brandau, Mullins (big ten tourney dependent as i didn't play him vs fairfield due to his injury) or Sunday, demaio and sessa still to play.. so if i got that far i wouldn't be crowning my opponent just yet :P

But i wont make the final as my doom and gloom perspective won't allow it!

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by admin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 am

It's bred into you.

Image

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 am
It's bred into you.

Image
Haha excellent gif choice :lol:

PALax11
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by PALax11 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:02 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm
Quarters

FCA beats Matnum. Not a question.
OCanada... LOSES to NC Lax.
Despite UK's doom-and-gloom stereotypically-British perspective, UK beats Greenie.
Wow. If only Genghis had a D. It'll prove to be his Achilles heel. But, vs. PA Talk... He'll win.

Then... FCA beats Genghis. UK beats NC lax... which sets up a pretty darn good final of FCA vs. UK and...

The 2019 Fantasy Champion will be... FCA.
You got the first one right.

User avatar
Matnum PI
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Matnum PI » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Image
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

PALax11
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by PALax11 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Thinking I will need a 5 point swing between defenses to pull out a win. My team can score but have not really done so in the same week.

The top four seeds lost in the first round last year. I just need the four seed to pack it in early.

greenielax
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by greenielax » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:43 pm

1/4 finals:

Connolly A
Voigt A
Herring A/M (already played, 1 pt)
Conrad M(already played, 0 pts)
Lipka M
Buttermore M
Rutgers D

PALax11
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by PALax11 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:37 am

PLAYOFFS!!

And the Yale D puts up 5 on Greenie's bench.. That stings!

User avatar
Uklax
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: 2019 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Uklax » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:07 pm

PALax11 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:37 am
PLAYOFFS!!

And the Yale D puts up 5 on Greenie's bench.. That stings!
I did put Yale D vs Albany down as a reason I would lose and yet he benched them.. madness

Post Reply

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”